As stated in other threads, mine showed up yesterday. Other than a brief port snafu while installing Snap (thanks for your help, southlander!), everything went great. My BBID, which has been inactive for over a year and a half, was there waiting for me to come home. And it does feel like home. I know that I was disappointed in the Z10, but it really feels like Blackberry is Blackberry again.

Now I just hope the build quality stands...

Out of the box I checked for the usual stuff -- screen seems secure as do the logo elements on the back. Keyboard is snappy. No sticky keys, but the 'A' and 'Q' keys do feel a little like a loose tooth from time to time. I'll give the whole thing a change to break in before I start worrying about it.

No excessive bleeding on the LED or board lights. Everything seems to be working.

I will say this: the Passport is too big to hold in my hands casually. But I have small hands. There's some finger cramping after a while. On the plus side, the larger size seems to make the keyboard EASIER to use.

I wasn't expecting that. The bottom of the phone rests comfortably on both pinkies, while my ring fingers provide backing for the keyboard itself. The middle and index fingers fan upwards from there and the entire phone seems to rest well without any noticeable pressure points. That leaves a perfect amount of width for my thumbs to travel the keys without feeling cramped or stretched thin.

What I was expecting is heavy use of Blend. I'm running Hub on my Xperia tablet with Bluetooth keyboard, which I thought was going to be an easier way to compose messages. Well, it is. Compared to a VIRTUAL keyboard. Typing on the Passport is so comfortable, though, I'm not sure I need it.

Time will indeed tell.

Network reception isn't as good as I had hoped. My Xperia ZL phone was barely able to get signal from my desk, and the touted superior antenna on the Passport doesn't seem to be doing any better.

I have a solid connection established with my workplace's open WiFi. Let's hope it stays that way. It's secured with WEP for some reason, and past Blackberry's have always been quick to blacklist it. I don't know why they use WEP. It's not my department and I don't get to tell them how to run their network.

BB10 seems to have matured into something fantastic since I last checked in. Really is running smoothly, and I've only encountered two Android apps that don't work well (gDMSS Lite and the Direct TV Remote). But that's okay -- I have the tablet for running those. Everything else I need, such as my banking and security system apps, are doing better on the Passport than they ever ran on the ZL.

In all -- everything I expected. Now, let's just hope that screen stays in place.

EDIT: Oh, and I have been HAMMERING on this thing with full WiFi, Bluetooth, and Blend running since 2:00 this morning (nearly six hours ago). Battery still at 80%. I expect that to start dropping now that it's struggling for signal, but I'm anxious to see how far it will go.
    10-29-14 07:38 AM
    Good to hear!

I feel that the Passport was the best switch from a Note 3. My main reason for using a Note 3 was the big screen. With the Passport you are still getting the big screen, plus an excellent keyboard.

I have a friend that is also planning on doing the same switch. He was asking me a couple of questions.
    How is the keyboard, battery, how do Android apps work, how is watching a video, etc.

The only thing that I feel is lacking compared to the Note is watching videos. Which due to the 1x1 screen makes sense. And that is fine by me. Never really watched videos on my phone. That's what a tablet is for.

He is convinced. Just trying to find a demo unit to play with in his area... which seems to be pretty impossible.

Posted via CB10
    I am in the same situation. I have a contracted Note 3 for another 8 months though. Was yours unsubsidized? If not, did you sell it on ebay or something? If so, may I ask how quickly it sold? My only concern with the BBPP is watching videos. I don't do it too often, but enough that I love the Full HD filled up screen with no bars. The passport screen is like half the size when watching video. I mainly use my phone for communication and working though. I do like to have the stylus though and draw during design meetings with clients, but I could just go back to using a pencil and paper as well. Or get a tablet.

How does Blend work for everyone? Does it work with non BBM texts? I have never had a BB so I am not sure if BBM is like imessage or not. Right now I use mightytext on my android and google chrome browser so I don't have to text on my phone when I am on the computer.
    10-29-14 08:19 PM
    I am in the same situation. I have a contracted Note 3 for another 8 months though. Was yours unsubsidized? If not, did you sell it on ebay or something? If so, may I ask how quickly it sold? My only concern with the BBPP is watching videos. I don't do it too often, but enough that I love the Full HD filled up screen with no bars. The passport screen is like half the size when watching video. I mainly use my phone for communication and working though. I do like to have the stylus though and draw during design meetings with clients, but I could just go back to using a pencil and paper as well. Or get a tablet.

How does Blend work for everyone? Does it work with non BBM texts? I have never had a BB so I am not sure if BBM is like imessage or not. Right now I use mightytext on my android and google chrome browser so I don't have to text on my phone when I am on the computer.
    Hopefully I can help you out.

It was subsidized. I sold it for $550 on a local website classifieds. Which was enough to cover buying out my current contract with Rogers. I think it took a couple weeks. Probably going to depend on where you live. Bigger city or smaller town.

Watching videos on the Passport isn't near as good as what it was on the Note 3. There is no denying that. Being a square screen, you don't get the wide screen viewing experience. That's where my tablet comes in handy. In a pinch, the Passport works though.

For me, the stylus was fun at first with the Note. But after about 6 months, kind of lost interest in messing around with it.

Blend is amazing! I use it mainly on my Tab 4. Works for text, BBM, emails! It's great. I sometimes use it on my desktop too. I find it more convenient the Outlook right now! I suggest that you download BBM on the Note and give it a whirl. It's a great instant messaging platform. An even better expierence on a BlackBerry then on an Android, but you will still enjoy using it.

Hope this helps bud, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-29-14 09:50 PM
    Blend works great as long as I either take my tablet out of Stamina mode, or keep it plugged in. If it sleeps and shuts down its WiFi connection, then I have to reestablish with the Passport. That can make answering short messages a pain.

I'm really coming to the point where using the Passport is just easier than the my tablet's Bluetooth board.
    10-30-14 06:56 AM
    Hi Guys,
    The moment just came to be...... My Passport and the older sibling.Official "I got my Passport" Thread.-bb-pp-z30.jpg.

Touch,Feel,Peek,Flow.......and it just goes on & on. & on......

Regards,
    10-30-14 07:10 AM
    Hopefully I can help you out.

It was subsidized. I sold it for $550 on a local website classifieds. Which was enough to cover buying out my current contract with Rogers. I think it took a couple weeks. Probably going to depend on where you live. Bigger city or smaller town.

Holy crap that is a lot for a used Note 3. How old was it? What condition? Ebay seems to have new ones for that price. I would be glad to get $350 for mine.

As with all my phones. I use many of the features when new, but eventually they just turn into communication devices like they should be. And I use them a lot to watch video and do some FB trolling. I would love to be able to keep the Note and get a PP on contract, but I have quite a few months left so I will have to see if I can wait that long.
    10-30-14 08:33 AM
    Holy crap that is a lot for a used Note 3. How old was it? What condition? Ebay seems to have new ones for that price. I would be glad to get $350 for mine.

As with all my phones. I use many of the features when new, but eventually they just turn into communication devices like they should be. And I use them a lot to watch video and do some FB trolling. I would love to be able to keep the Note and get a PP on contract, but I have quite a few months left so I will have to see if I can wait that long.
    My Note was 9 months old when I sold it. Came with a couple cases. In perfect shape. I try my hardest to take care of my phones because I know I will end up selling them within a year most likely. Better resale value.

Having both would be nice. Then you get the best of both worlds. Hopefully it works out for you!

10-30-14 08:38 AM
    Woo hoo! I am joining the Passport fun from tomorrow. Finally got one after a bit juggling of plans and finance. Def looking forward to being back on a physical keyboard even though I have gotten pretty good on the Z10 virtual one.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 01:37 PM
    Just got mine on Tuesday. Still getting used to the size (handling) and the keyboard, but that's just a matter of a couple more days, I guess.
    Just had to go back to my Q10 to check some stuff (didn't do the device switch, but started from scratch) and man, it feels so tiny now! Never believed that this would happen, but the screen is definitely addicting (among all the other great stuff)

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    10-31-14 06:42 AM
    Got mine two days ago. Am really loving it, still trying to get used to the keyboard, I guess my Z10's typing experience really spoilt me
    11-01-14 08:40 AM
    happy me ......
    11-01-14 01:23 PM
    Got mine yesterday and love it. The device switch process in BlackBerry link was a bit crap but got most of it back via memory card and the cloud.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 01:25 PM
    I've got my Passport as well! Still getting used to this keyboard. But other than that, I'm loving it.

Posted via CB10
    The keyboard is so sexy
    11-01-14 11:03 PM
    Just got mine yesterday. With the Passport now.

Via Passport and Q10
    11-01-14 11:18 PM
    I have so much to say about this phone but I will try to keep it brief.

I got the phone Thursday which was great. Once it was back in stock, DR shipped it much faster than I anticipated. I cut my SIM and got it stuck (really bad) in the tray - don't cheap out on a new SIM if they are free or cheapish from your carrier. The last thing you want to tell people is you tried to save $10 and broke your $800 phone (Canada). Good news is I took it apart and was able to push it out. Micro SIM must be slightly thicker than nano sim...

I've thrown tons of apps at this thing and it performs like a beast! My Scotiabank app, the weather app I like and a few I'm not too concerned with are having issues but the ones I use all the time are working great. Snap, Voxer, kik, snap2chat, Vine, Instagram, WAZE!!! (So good!)... The list goes on but the point is this thing is awesome for the apps I use.

It took the SD card I used in my Z10 with no issues and all my music and pictures just plunked back in. Audio, pictures, video everything looks great. The whole phone is snappy and awesome. I'm getting used to the keybaord really quick I think. The BB assistant is awesome and Blend makes life so easy. I've quoted it as being what Bridge should have been. I think everyone will love it.

I'll cut it off there and just say I have a perfect Passport and it's everything it was meant to be for me. Here is a picture I saw someone else do. I've got the list of prior phones in my sig

Attachment 311424

And this...

Attachment 311423
    vpblaze likes this.
    11-01-14 11:55 PM
    Finally I have received the BlackBerry Passport yesterday after very agonizing wait for more than a month. Very excited with my first BlackBerry device!

Posted via CB10
    Geselskap likes this.
    11-02-14 01:41 AM
    Finally got one today, it's awesome!
    11-03-14 01:22 AM
    Got mine today. I'm just flashed by this superior device. It's sooo cool.

I love the new innovative keyboard and all this gesture stuff. I hope, in future we're also able to navigate through the whole GUI with our trackpad-like keyboard... How about 'keys of gestures'?
    It's already half past nine and I have to get up early tomorrow, but I have to play with this beauty..

Maybe I'm able to report some passport stories next week.

Via CB10 | used: Z10 & Passport
    dietertong likes this.
    11-03-14 02:41 PM
    I use a month. In Russia, it is impossible to buy but ...
    The phone is just perfect! Insanely satisfied.
    dietertong likes this.
    11-03-14 04:14 PM
    I received mine last Thursday and once you get it, it's extremely hard to put down. I love it that much. Little bit of a change coming from the all touch Z30 but getting used to it. Almost feel like on on a big BlackBerry torch.

The thing that blew my mind is that it is a lot lighter than I thought it would be. It is quite a bit lighter than my Z30. I still love that device too.

Ps. I just used one of those sim card cutters that I had laying around the house. You can get them on ebay or amazon for a few dollars.

Posted via One Very Cool Passport!
    dietertong likes this.
    11-03-14 08:35 PM
    Ordered... waiting...

waiting...

drums fingers...

Maybe I should pester my IT guy again.
    11-04-14 03:44 PM
    My Passport arrived today! Love it!
    11-04-14 06:28 PM
    Got mine yesterday. I'm having a much easier time adapting to it than I feared. It was definitely worth the leap of faith both to buy it and abandon Sprint for AT&T
    11-05-14 07:58 AM
    So I'm curious. When is my passport going to get shipped? I ordered on the 1st of November. It's now November 5th. I have an estimate of Friday November 7th. But how? It hasn't even shipped yet! I changed my shipping speed to two day shipping vs standard shipping 2 days ago. I paid $6 more and my estimate was changed from Thursday to Friday! Double U Tee Eff
    Official "I got my Passport" Thread.-img_20141105_091815.png

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    11-05-14 08:23 AM
    Got mine 3 days ago, after waiting patiently for a month for my regular carrier to start carrying it, finally had enough and picked one up at Best Buy with another Carrier . Perfect condition ! So impressed with what BB has done with this product.
    11-05-14 07:55 PM
1,265 ... 1415161718 ...