I got a question from those lucky guys who already have passport. Do you get notification from whatsapp, tango, line, wechat and other apps in you hub?
    10-24-14 06:46 AM
    Passport delivered this morning via Fed Ex. Apparently the third party seller (purchased on Amazon) was from Germany, as this was the selected language during initial setup. The plug for the charger is for a European outlet (I'm in the US) , but not bothered, as I have micro USB adapter plugs all over the place. The weird part is the keyboard. It's in the German/Austrian format, but, strangely enough, I actually like it. It just makes my Passport stand out even more from the crowd.

Oh...and so far, loving this thing.
    Last edited by RandomPrecision92; 10-24-14 at 03:28 PM.
    Tompire likes this.
    10-24-14 02:49 PM
    Got mine on Wednesday. It has been a pleasure so far. The keyboard entry is nirvana, and I'm still adjusting. The right keys always seem to be there on the virtual keyboard extension and that is so nice. Almost like magic. Apple eat your hearts out!

Being a webOS bigot, I didn't know how I would feel about Blackberry 10, but the transition has been easier than I imagined. When I played with the first release I didn't think I would like the hub, but I actually like the currently implementation a lot. Of course, Blend and Link are really nice. Overall navigation is smooth and intuitive -- with the exception of the home screen.

I like the size of the display, but am having second thoughts about the width of the phone. It is not easy to get in or out of a front pants pocket.

The only two things that drive me crazy are the home screen and the unlock screen. I don't like the home screen at all. I wish I could close apps instead of minimizing into some random looking miniature and having to hit 2-3 times to get the x to close. Why can't they just have a big keypad on the unlock screen like all the other phones? Having to type on the small virtual keyboard to type in numbers is a real irritant when you want to quickly access your phone.
    Last edited by miata; 10-24-14 at 10:23 PM.
    10-24-14 07:08 PM
    I got my BB Passport yesterday. Have already installed the basic apps that I need:
    Skype, Viber, Waze, Remote Desktop, Banking App (I was surprised my bank was available in the Native App World),
    Yahoo Messenger, iGrann, Flipboard, etc.

Offhand, Amazon App store is a bit useless. You really need to sideload Snap. That, I think, is the reason why most reviewers still complain of the apps available on the Passport. Especially since sideloading is not something everybody is comfortable doing. But really loading the Snapp just took me less than 10 minutes then I was flying after that.

This is the first Blackberry phone I have in a very very very long while and I can say I am very impressed with BB10.3

Also impressed with the ability to run Android apps and it's integration into the notification (but not the Hub). My Viber is the Android version (tried the BB version installed using .bar file because Viber doesn't appear on the World for the passport but the Android Version seemed more stable - go figure?).

At any rate. It's only been a day but after I was done installing my essentials, I really am happy I bought this phone.
    Last edited by Zedd88; 10-24-14 at 07:29 PM.
    10-24-14 07:13 PM
    Ordered last Friday afternoon after someone posed on here that some were available on shopbb.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...7-14-a-968879/

I could have/should have ordered on day 1, but I'm on VZW and didn't want to change, but I'm changing.
    I didn't choose 2 day shipping, so it was sent FedEx SmartPost. Sigh.
    quick background. I bought a Motorola Triumph on virgin mobile in 2011 and it was a 4.1 inch phone. People thought it was huge. Then I got the Note 1, 2 and 3. I'm not concerned with what you think, I buy what I like.

My current phone is a Nokia Lumia ICON on VZW and that phone weighs 5.89oz (167 grams). The passport is 6.91oz (196g) so the weight difference is nothing for me.
    Right after the unbox, I went through setup, navigated for a few minutes, then did a wipe of the device. It took about 10 minutes of watching the circle before it shut down. After reboot, took my 128gb SD card out of a Samsung note 8 and plugged it in. went to file manager > Media card and everything was there. The music is freakishly loud. The videos I have are .mp4 and they play. There's a toggle on the upper right that switches from postage stamp size, to "normal" letterbox, and zoom in level. Once again - it just works
    (Removed a lot more information here)

This phone may be polarizing, but that depends on the company you keep and who you are trying to impress. I have spent thousands of dollars on phones. I really like this phone. Do I think I'll like everything about this phone? no. that would be unreasonable.
    10-24-14 09:26 PM
    Quick post from crackberry app on passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 09:39 PM
    I received my Passport today as well from that post.

So to finally get this phone in my hands is a relief. I read so much about it and how it feels.

For starters this phone isn't as big to me as people make it out to be. Perhaps it's because I'm coming off a Lumia 1520 and a Q10. Still... whatever. This phone hits the sweet spot. It's just the right thinness/thickness, and it certainly doesn't feel top heavy like some have reported.

All in all, it's a solid device.

Can't wait for a Porsche Design version.
    _tC likes this.
    10-24-14 10:22 PM
    Official "I got my Passport" Thread.-dsc_0239.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Official "I got my Passport" Thread.-dsc_0242.jpg  
    vpblaze likes this.
    10-25-14 10:36 AM
    10-25-14 10:39 AM
    Ordered mine on Thursday when it was posted here that Amazon.com had them back in stock and got it this afternoon (When I placed the order, they gave me a delivery date of 10/28 and when I went to check the status yesterday afternoon, was surprised to date change to today.). I haven't turned it on yet as I need to go get a nano-SIM as I would rather not ruin the SIM in my Z10 in case something happens. Thankfully there's a T-Mobile retailer a very short drive from my house.
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    10-25-14 01:55 PM
    Official "I got my Passport" Thread.-2014-10-25_10-32-47.jpg

Official "I got my Passport" Thread.-2014-10-25_10-33-12.jpg

Felt in love

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 03:41 PM
    I received mine on Wednesday night. Didn't really like it at first but it is really growing on me now. Have got nothing but positives when people have seen it. Even got my boss wanting one and she has the note 3.
    10-25-14 08:10 PM
    So far still happy
    Official "I got my Passport" Thread.-img_20141022_184130.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 08:31 PM
    I've had my Passport for about five hours now and I'm loving it the more I use it

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 09:28 PM
    So far still happy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141022_184130.jpg 
Views:	914 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	309413

Posted via CB10
    How are you happy with it still in the box?
    10-25-14 09:55 PM
    Only passport owners knows

Posted via CB10
    vpblaze likes this.
    10-25-14 11:21 PM
    I was happy when I got it from fed ex. Haven't took a picture with it out of the box yet.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 11:23 PM
    Love the use of symbols now. It first takes time to get accustomed to it but then smooth sailing. I type with less errors and just about as fast as my z10. Love the fact you can keep numbers up and have access to full number and alpha keys without hitting an alt key. Great for number entry on spreadsheets etc.

Posted via the incredible Blackberry Passport
    10-27-14 01:01 AM
    Hello beautiful people! I got my Passport three days ago. Let's put it simply, it is an amazing device! Enjoying it so much right now.
    10-27-14 03:24 AM
    Passport has disappeared from amazon's website in India.
    10-27-14 03:26 AM
    I'm a refugee from the world of WebOS - switched to Blackberry Passport on Friday. Liking it so far.
    10-27-14 08:39 AM
    I got mine TODAY! Just discovered that movies that I purchased on my Z10 won't play... Anyone else experiencing this or have a solution for this problem?
    10-27-14 07:34 PM
    LOVING EVERYTHING about it thus far, can't put mine down!
    10-27-14 09:22 PM
    I got mine TODAY! Just discovered that movies that I purchased on my Z10 won't play... Anyone else experiencing this or have a solution for this problem?
    Open BlackBerry World, go to 'My World',click 'My Video', then Movies. Just hit the download for the movies you want. It won't even download the whole move, just the license that you need. There's a limit of 5(?) license downloads.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 12:26 AM
    I've got my Passport as well! Still getting used to this keyboard. But other than that, I'm loving it.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 01:05 AM
1,265 ... 1314151617 ...