I am now one of you, gooble gobble gooble gobble!
    09-26-14 03:04 PM
    Oh so no complaining anymore now eh?
    09-26-14 03:04 PM
    Was that directed at me? I can't remember complaining that much. I had a few reservations about the keyboard (symbols responding to phys. keys, 1 row for numbers in number-fields) and Android apps (did not know about the zoom option), but the live stream showed they had all that resolved.

I love the fact that the Quick tutorial is shaped like a passport, that was very well done.
    aminrajabi likes this.
    09-26-14 03:11 PM
    Damn, was supposed to get my Passport tomorrow on the 27th but FedEx said they had a power outage in one of the sort hubs and now my tracking shows TUESDAY the 30th! A whole extra 3 days of anticipation before I get my hands on it .

How will I survive, LOL
    09-26-14 04:08 PM
    I'm so happy for everyone that got their passports, BBRY stock holders, blackberry the company and all of crackberry!

I have never said this before but I feel more confident now then every before.

BlackBerry is on its way back!

Posted via CB10
    vasilisiou likes this.
    09-26-14 04:35 PM
    Not you mrglenn
    MrGlenn likes this.
    09-26-14 05:40 PM
    Was that directed at me? I can't remember complaining that much. I had a few reservations about the keyboard (symbols responding to phys. keys, 1 row for numbers in number-fields) and Android apps (did not know about the zoom option), but the live stream showed they had all that resolved.

I love the fact that the Quick tutorial is shaped like a passport, that was very well done.
    Love the quick tutorial as well. Talks about the design concept, the screen and keyboard on top of being a quick tutorial. To me it's the little things like that which add to the experience.
    09-26-14 10:19 PM
    I've already posted I've gotten mine too but, I wanted to post this pic. Comparing screen size to a Z30 with the virtual keyboard up. Look at all that space!
    Attachment 300644

Posted via CB10
    Screens both become square when kb is shown. Let's compare it to iBend this time.

Work Wider.
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    09-27-14 12:16 AM
    charger
    ear buds
    instructions
    card for free 1 month support (*lol*)

What kind of ear buds? Noise canceling type or just an ordinary one?
    09-27-14 12:41 AM
    What kind of ear buds? Noise canceling type or just an ordinary one?
    BlackBerry Premium Stereo Headset 3.5mm | BlackBerry Headsets
    bugs bunny11 likes this.
    09-27-14 01:15 AM
    Thanks alicia 😊 hoping my country will release it in no time...
    09-27-14 05:47 AM
    Here is my BlackBerry Oreo! My 2 Passports and my white Z30Official "I got my Passport" Thread.-oreo.png
    09-27-14 08:01 AM
    After 1 day with the phone, I hate the new keyboard so much I can feel the anger internally at the design team. I don't begrudge them the right to be innovative, but I would leave this phone in a heartbeat for a comparable device that offered 4 rows of keys.

As Kevin more politely referenced in his video review, the addition of virtual options is not necessarily an improvement over what one wants in a keyboard experience.

I have a very slow fuse, and am not prone to being easily angered, but this has me frustrated. People *begged* for a phone with a large screen and a standard BlackBerry keyboard. If they had only come out with a classic that had a larger screen, or released the new (rumored) phone with the hidden keyboard first,and included 4 rows of keys, that would have been preferable, from my perspective.

I am coming to grips with learning a new operating system that isn't 100% intuitive. If this thing offered traditional keyboard, I would absolutely love the phone. As it is, I'm unhappy enough that I am open to the idea of sending this back and trying to find a like new Dell Venue Pro to use for the indefinite future. (Which is hardly a practical solution.)

I don't wish ill on anyone, but if the person who came up with the 3 row idea happened to get gout, shingles, or some other moderately painful/inconveniencing (yet treatable) ailment, I'd take some comfort that perhaps he/she is being fairly punished for foisting this design feature upon us.

Before I end my rant, I'll say that the shift key would be much better if it were at least a little wider. And my preference would be for the shift to automatically insert a period, and not an @ sign. That would be more useful. Maybe that's something I can reprogram. I haven't checked.

I know a lot of you are already in love with this phone, and I admit that there's a lot about it to like. I just don't know if I will ever get over the keyboard issue.
    Last edited by Tim Heard; 09-27-14 at 09:01 AM.
    09-27-14 08:32 AM
    I'm about to take a shower and go to my FedEx store a few blocks away and pick mine up and play with it before I have to work for the 12 hours. Grrrrrrr... but WOOOHOOOOO!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 08:49 AM
    After 1 day with the phone, I hate the new keyboard so much I can feel the anger internally at the design team. I don't begrudge them the right to be innovative, but I would leave this phone in a heartbeat for a comparable device that offered 4 rows of keys.

As Kevin more politely referenced in his video review, the addition of virtual options is not necessarily an improvement over what one wants in a keyboard experience.

I have a very slow fuse, and am not prone to being easily angered, but this has me frustrated. People *begged* for a phone with a large screen and a standard BlackBerry keyboard. If they had only come out with a classic that had a larger screen, or released the new (rumored) phone with the hidden keyboard first,and included 4 rows of keys, that would have been preferable, from my perspective.

I am coming to grips with learning a new operating system that isn't 100% intuitive. If this thing offered traditional keyboard, I would absolutely love the phone. As it is, I'm unhappy enough that I am open to the idea of sending this back and trying to find a like new Dell Venue Pro to use for the indefinite future. (Which is hardly a practical solution.)

I don't wish ill on anyone, but if the person who came up with the 3 row idea happened to get gout, shingles, or some other moderately painful/inconveniencing (yet treatable) ailment, I'd take some comfort that perhaps he/she is being fairly punished for foisting this design feature upon us.

Before I end my rant, I'll say that the shift key would be much better if it were at least a little wider. And my preference would be for the shift to automatically insert a period, and not an @ sign. That would be more useful. Maybe that's something I can reprogram. I haven't checked.

I know a lot of you are already in love with this phone, and I admit that there's a lot about it to like. I just don't know if I will ever get over the keyboard issue.
    What you're going through is called a learning curve. If you wanted the traditional keyboard then you should have waited for the classic. This phone is clearly not for everyone. Just return it and be happy.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 09:04 AM
    Go watch Kevin's very detailed commentary on the Passport, if you haven't. This is him commenting on it *after* he has taken the time to use the Passport so much that it's now his "go to" device.
    Yes, there is definitely a learning curve. But even after completing that learning curve, he's not saying that the virtual experience is better. I wouldn't mind the virtual experience at all, if it were to supplement the 4 row keyboard. Or a hybrid 3.5 row keyboard that included numbers and symbols on the keys as well.
    And, no, the Classic isn't what I want or need. I want and need a phone with a larger screen. I get why they created the Classic as they did. It's a 100% pure work phone. Honestly though, for someone who reads a lot of documents and views a lot of web pages online, a Classic is not all that useful.
    Unfortunately, if I return it right now, there's no "happy" alternative right now.
    What's also sad about this is that I'm not by any means a BlackBerry fanboy, but I am extremely supportive of the company, and want to see them be successful. There's so much of a steep learning curve to this phone, that many users are not going to be willing to endure the learning curve. There are simple things that you ought to be able to do with this phone that are frustratingly hard for someone who has never used BB10. Or in some cases, impossible. Couple that with the totally weird ergonomics, and I worry that the only people who are going to be adopting the phone are the diehard fans, who are probably just upgrading from Q10 or Z10 phones.

What you're going through is called a learning curve. If you wanted the traditional keyboard then you should have waited for the classic. This phone is clearly not for everyone. Just return it and be happy.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 09:32 AM
    Tim, it sounds like you are not one to accept change very well. That's ok. Many people will still like to use the same form factor and same keyboard they are accustom to. For me I like to think outside the box. To accept change and try to adapt to it. Only then will new ideas and concepts become useful to you. Again, there is always the classic for you.
    For others who are embracing the change and are using the Passport they are starting to feel liberated from the standard way of doing things.
    09-27-14 09:40 AM
    Wow. That response is condescending, uninformed and insulting.
    Let's accept that it's OK to have a difference of opinions regarding the value of different form factors, and that I accept that you will like the new one better.
    Having said that, I *do* like new things, which is certainly a reason that I bought this phone. ... My kids tire of the fact that I frequently will say, "Let's go find some place to eat where we've never been" rather than going to their favorite places. And I definitely enjoy checking out new gadgets. ... For example I readily transitioned to the new Windows PC operating system, despite the fact that the Microsoft clearly could learn a few things from the folks at Apple about user interface design.
    I am frustrated because the 4 row physical keyboard works better form me. I will add that I have nerve damage in my hands that makes pecking on glass painful, but I checked out plenty of phones over the years before that became a factor. ... I like being able to type and "know" where my fingers need to go without having to look. That's not an option here.
    I'm frustrated because I am on the phone all day long, using it for work, and with this phone (even after I get past the learning curve) will be less productive than I was using the crappy old phone I had, and it's all because of the ergonomics of the device.
    If you feel somehow threatened by the fact that I don't like what you like, I'm very sorry about that. Seriously though, there's no need to metaphorically pat me on the head and say, "We're sorry you're too stupid to figure this out." It's the type of response that one would expect from any fanboy of any operating system or device, and it's unbecoming.

Tim, it sounds like you are not one to accept change very well. That's ok. Many people will still like to use the same form factor and same keyboard they are accustom to. For me I like to think outside the box. To accept change and try to adapt to it. Only then will new ideas and concepts become useful to you. Again, there is always the classic for you.
    For others who are embracing the change and are using the Passport they are starting to feel liberated from the standard way of doing things.
    cbosdell and nickvango like this.
    09-27-14 10:24 AM
    <snip>I am frustrated because the 4 row physical keyboard works better form me. I will add that I have nerve damage in my hands that makes pecking on glass painful, but I checked out plenty of phones over the years before that became a factor. ... I like being able to type and "know" where my fingers need to go without having to look. That's not an option here.
    I'm frustrated because I am on the phone all day long, using it for work, and with this phone (even after I get past the learning curve) will be less productive than I was using the crappy old phone I had, and it's all because of the ergonomics of the device.
    <snip>
    I know you feel like typing without looking won't be an option but I'd think once you get used to the three rows, especially the spacebar, you should be able to do it no problem. I mean, the numbers & most symbols map to the keys once you swipe down on the keyboard, right? And when they do, they're in the same place (over the same letters) as they are on the traditional 4-row keyboard? To me, that should mean that you could easily end up being able to type without looking. It's really not that different but just a matter of getting used to it.

That said, if the benefits of this phone don't outweigh the negative, in your opinion, you may be better off returning it and using whichever phone you were using before you bought it until you find a better phone for your needs.

VZW STL 100-4 currently running 10.3.0.1154
    09-27-14 11:11 AM
    So you've had this phone for about a day and you really expected to love it right away, I get it. But you need to give it more time, go through that learning curve (if you're really willing to) and after over a week or more you will have a clear view if this phone is for you or not.

I've seen all the reviews and I know what I will be getting into as soon as I get mine (Damn you shopblackberry.com) so I am expecting to struggle a bit with the key positions, the hybrid virtual/physical thinghy, but I'll tell you what. Having used the Z10 for a year and now with a Q10, I honestly can't wait to see how this combination will work. I'm excited to learn and master it.

If I didn't want to go through this, I would stay with my Q10/Classic or go to an all touch Z phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 11:25 AM

I would take it back and get the Classic when it comes.
    09-27-14 12:35 PM

Wow just wow at this, u don't wish I'll on anyone but yet if the person who designed the 3 row keyboard falls ill...u would take some comfort in that??!!!

What a thoroughly despicable human you are and I don't say that lightly.

Ok so it seems this phone isn't for you which is fine, this phone isn't for everyone...that much has been proven by the reactions of people.

But don't think for one second that this 3 row keyboard was foisted upon us, BlackBerry have given people a choice. A choice that maybe in hindsight u should have been more careful ie try before you buy etc. You make it sound like BlackBerry forced you to buy this phone.

I've heard some stupid things from people regarding the passport on here but you...take the proverbial biscuit.

Posted via CB10
    Resilience and Tompire like this.
    09-27-14 03:11 PM
    Wow. That response is condescending, uninformed and insulting.
    Let's accept that it's OK to have a difference of opinions regarding the value of different form factors, and that I accept that you will like the new one better.
    Having said that, I *do* like new things, which is certainly a reason that I bought this phone. ... My kids tire of the fact that I frequently will say, "Let's go find some place to eat where we've never been" rather than going to their favorite places. And I definitely enjoy checking out new gadgets. ... For example I readily transitioned to the new Windows PC operating system, despite the fact that the Microsoft clearly could learn a few things from the folks at Apple about user interface design.
    I am frustrated because the 4 row physical keyboard works better form me. I will add that I have nerve damage in my hands that makes pecking on glass painful, but I checked out plenty of phones over the years before that became a factor. ... I like being able to type and "know" where my fingers need to go without having to look. That's not an option here.
    If you feel somehow threatened by the fact that I don't like what you like, I'm very sorry about that. Seriously though, there's no need to metaphorically pat me on the head and say, "We're sorry you're too stupid to figure this out." It's the type of response that one would expect from any fanboy of any operating system or device, and it's unbecoming.
    As a 3rd person I don't think it was condescending at all, he respected your opinion and at the same time voiced his own.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 03:31 PM
    As a 3rd person I don't think it was condescending at all, he respected your opinion and at the same time voiced his own.

Posted via CB10
    Can you not see how it could be taken that way, though? I agree that it came off as incredibly condescending.

VZW STL 100-4 currently running 10.3.0.1154
    09-27-14 05:01 PM
    Hi everyone. I picked up a blackberry passport off contract from telus today in edmonton. Coming from using an iPhone for the past 2 years. Had a blackberry 9900 awhile back though mostly been with iPhone or android devices. Change phones more often than I would like to admit

Anyways I'm loving this passport over anything I've had before.
    09-27-14 09:36 PM
1,265 ... 56789 ...