It's here!

Official 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-bbsilver3.jpg

Official 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-bbsilver.jpg

Posted with my awesome BlackBerry Passport
    08-06-15 07:10 PM
    Got it!

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 08:17 PM
    I may be having the Digital River experience. I ordered the Silver Passport about 11 pm last night and got an email confirmation, and my credit card has been charged. No further emails. I went on the ShopBB site and was told after each of several trials that there was an order error. So I called DR on their 800 number. The rep said that "the order had just been placed very recently" and that I would hear from DR soon. That's it. Not the same experience as some others here have had in getting the phone the day after the order.

Anyone else having a similar issue?
    08-06-15 08:24 PM
    Anyone else have a loose feeling back that makes a clicky noise when you press on it? My area of concern is on the volume button side midway to top. It's just a slight flex.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 08:39 PM
    Official 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-img_20150806_213520.jpg my bad
    m3mb3rsh1p likes this.
    08-06-15 08:40 PM
    MORE PICTURES!! I can't afford one right now so I'm living vicariously through you.
    08-06-15 08:45 PM
    *Drool, *Slobber!
    RezzaBuh likes this.
    08-06-15 08:46 PM
    Could you please post a picture of the gap mentioned. I had something similar on the perl 9105. Couldn't stop looking at it.

Second question, could you guys please say if it feels more comfortable than the original Passport.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 09:01 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150806_213520.jpg 
Views:	2990 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	365609 my bad
    Looks pretty tight
    08-06-15 09:10 PM
    I may be having the Digital River experience. I ordered the Silver Passport about 11 pm last night and got an email confirmation, and my credit card has been charged. No further emails. I went on the ShopBB site and was told after each of several trials that there was an order error. So I called DR on their 800 number. The rep said that "the order had just been placed very recently" and that I would hear from DR soon. That's it. Not the same experience as some others here have had in getting the phone the day after the order.

Anyone else having a similar issue?
    I ordered it yesterday morning, got email confirmation and my card was charged. I also got no further emails, so I called Digital River (almost 36 hours later) and they said there is an issue at the warehouse and the order was delayed. It will ship out by Monday.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 09:12 PM
    Anyone else have a loose feeling back that makes a clicky noise when you press on it? My area of concern is on the volume button side midway to top. It's just a slight flex.

Posted via CB10
    I don't have a click but the screen at that point can be depressed so that it is flush with the metal frame at the top. The left side you can't feel the screen when you swipe down but on the right you can. Maybe something under there isn't correct and its clicking.
    08-06-15 09:15 PM
    Could you please post a picture of the gap mentioned. I had something similar on the perl 9105. Couldn't stop looking at it.

Second question, could you guys please say if it feels more comfortable than the original Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Its not really a gap per se and is really not that noticeable. In the pic his is quite tight. Mine was a little larger on the left side compared to the right.

The other potential issue is that when swiping down from the top you can feel the lip of the screen more on the left than right side. Again, just barely noticeable.
    08-06-15 09:21 PM
    Show off.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 09:35 PM
    Yep....I have had it with mine...I am a complete OCD when it comes to my phones and I could not stop playing with the edge....call it what you want....say what you want...but when I pay full price for anything I expect to have a quality product....I talked with BB for almost 2 hours from one rep to another then over to DR then back to BB to talk with a RMA rep and they had the stones to tell me that they would repair my one hour old phone...and that I will have to send it to them....my comment was simple I am 1 hour into my 30 day return period please send me over to DR to process my return...I have been using your phones since the very first one was released and have had just about every model ever made and this is what I get for all my years of loyalty.....seriously frustrated user!!
    08-06-15 09:37 PM
    Show off.

Posted via CB10
    You jelly? lol
    08-06-15 09:37 PM
    Yep....I have had it with mine...I am a complete OCD when it comes to my phones and I could not stop playing with the edge....call it what you want....say what you want...but when I pay full price for anything I expect to have a quality product....I talked with BB for almost 2 hours from one rep to another then over to DR then back to BB to talk with a RMA rep and they had the stones to tell me that they would repair my one hour old phone...and that I will have to send it to them....my comment was simple I am 1 hour into my 30 day return period please send me over to DR to process my return...I have been using your phones since the very first one was released and have had just about every model ever made and this is what I get for all my years of loyalty.....seriously frustrated user!!
    I totally understand where you're coming from. I'm wondering though is it that much of a transition or that sharp? I swipe down from the center speaker I feel a slight transition but nothing bad like going from the old toolbelt to the screen. Of course it should be perfect but i'm wondering if this is the way they all are on the left hand side. I've now seen 3 ppl with this same issue. For me im on the fence about returning it.
    08-06-15 09:50 PM
    I'm still waiting. I ordered from shop blackberry (std shipping) on Tuesday at 11:45am EDT. I got a shipping confirmation at 10:37pm EDT.
    FedEx says the following: Shipping label has been created. The status will be updated when shipment begins to travel.
    I'm not sure what's going on I have emailed shop blackberry for more information.
    08-06-15 09:54 PM
    You jelly? lol
    Actually yes I am. Lol

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 09:55 PM
    Glad I didn't pay for the expedited shipping. Phone/package arrived over night

That's where the love affair ended.
    Nice device, fair accessories

Loud phone, great display but what the hell! The keyboard is a disaster. Press any of the top row keys and get any number of the virtual keys showing where I typed. Press anywhere on the screen and it doesn't react.. press again and it doesn't react.. press again, doesn't react... give up and put phone down and it starts acting as if it has a mind of it's own.

Want to press the little X to close a window and have to press a good length lower than the X for it to respond if/when it does respond.

Sending it back tomorrow before I throw it across the room
    08-06-15 10:11 PM
    I'm still waiting. I ordered from shop blackberry (std shipping) on Tuesday at 11:45am EDT. I got a shipping confirmation at 10:37pm EDT.
    FedEx says the following: Shipping label has been created. The status will be updated when shipment begins to travel.
    I'm not sure what's going on I have emailed shop blackberry for more information.
    I doubt you'll get any satisfaction from DR.

You never get this sort of thing with Amazon. Ever.
    Jakobroxx likes this.
    08-06-15 10:11 PM
    Glad I didn't pay for the expedited shipping. Phone/package arrived over night

That's where the love affair ended.
    Nice device, fair accessories

Loud phone, great display but what the hell! The keyboard is a disaster. Press any of the top row keys and get any number of the virtual keys showing where I typed. Press anywhere on the screen and it doesn't react.. press again and it doesn't react.. press again, doesn't react... give up and put phone down and it starts acting as if it has a mind of it's own.

Want to press the little X to close a window and have to press a good length lower than the X for it to respond if/when it does respond.

Sending it back tomorrow before I throw it across the room
    That's a bad one. I wonder if the OS is just corrupted? Reload maybe?
    BrandonQ10 likes this.
    08-06-15 10:19 PM
    Tried that first..... same problem.
    Just waiting for Blackberry support to tell me how to process the return
    08-06-15 10:26 PM
    I ordered mine from ShopBlackberry yesterday (Wednesday) and it will be here tomorrow (Friday). I used the default shipping.
    08-06-15 10:29 PM
    Tried that first..... same problem.
    Just waiting for Blackberry support to tell me how to process the return
    Take a run through the BBVE and see what it says.
    08-06-15 10:30 PM
931 ... 56789 ...