added comparison photo to original.
    08-05-15 08:41 PM
    It's cool they made a special box for it too.... anything else have the silver edition branding on it?

!"+""
    08-05-15 08:51 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...e-untitled.png

OP, your silver PP has a gap as shown in the pic above?
    Thanks.
    You think they would catch that before the use it for demo. Us BlackBerry people are analysed about things like that.

Posted with Z30
    Benjamin Black likes this.
    08-05-15 09:10 PM
    Non beveled screen ...I ordered so fast I forgot about that lol ...so its integration is seamless? Also thanks for the quick responses
    Didn't know this was that a big deal on the original?

Posted with Z30
    08-05-15 09:11 PM
    Wireless charging like at&t haven't seen mentioned.

In Squircle I Trust
    08-05-15 09:19 PM
    It's cool they made a special box for it too.... anything else have the silver edition branding on it?

!"+""
    Just the little get started booklet has the silver device pics in it.
    08-05-15 09:20 PM
    Congrats!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 09:28 PM
    Congratulations. Nice pictures and great answers to all the questions. I can't believe the delivery time. That is one quick turnaround. I'm tempted..really tempted.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 09:34 PM
    2 questions:
    Do you have the OEM holster and if yes, does it fit in there?
    Do you know if it supports wireless charging?

Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 09:52 PM
    Does it have wireless charging?
    I don't believe so.
    08-05-15 09:54 PM
    2 questions:
    Do you have the OEM holster and if yes, does it fit in there?
    Do you know if it supports wireless charging?

Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    I do have the OEM holster and it fits perfectly. I don't see anything to suggest wireless charging.
    08-05-15 09:56 PM
    I ordered the Passport Silver Edition for my wife from Shop BlackBerry Canada today at 2pm. Got an email confirmation at 4pm. Awaiting a delivery confirmation. I hope to get it by Friday.

I already have the Black Passport and love it.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 10:39 PM
    I think I saw in the specs somewhere that it has an FM radio, using the headphones as an antenna. True? That would be like the Z30.

How much difference does the revised keyboard make for the typing experience (softer touch, larger chin)?

If this is going for $540 (+$50 tax in Illinois, of course), and with free accessories worth $130 or so, and if you can sell a used PP in near perfect condition on Ebay for $400-$430, that makes this about a $160 upgrade from the original PP. Worth it?
    08-05-15 10:51 PM
    I think I saw in the specs somewhere that it has an FM radio, using the headphones as an antenna. True? That would be like the Z30.

How much difference does the revised keyboard make for the typing experience (softer touch, larger chin)?

If this is going for $540 (+$50 tax in Illinois, of course), and with free accessories worth $130 or so, and if you can sell a used PP in near perfect condition on Ebay for $400-$430, that makes this about a $160 upgrade from the original PP. Worth it?
    The FM works the same as the original with the headphones. The experience isn't massively different - just better imo. I paid 720 cdn but got my black for free on contract so after selling it for 400 now and the silver a year from now i'm in good shape. Sounds like you will be to.
    08-05-15 10:57 PM
    Honestly I don't notice a difference. The keys are buttery smooth and perfectly clicky compared to the original. Feels like a different device.
    so what is it? you don't notice a difference or you do?

wish i could handle one... bet if i go to an AT&T store they would sh*t on me for even asking about it. not the silver edition of course but you get what i mean.
    08-05-15 11:15 PM
    in response to the original question, I don't find a big difference in the extra space on the sides that aren't rounded off like the original. the chin and the great kb makes it feel like a difference device.
    08-05-15 11:19 PM
    1. really nice click and feel to the keys. much softer than the original.
    2. sim cover is plastic and think the chin is too but I'm not positive...it could very well be steel.
    3. build quality looks better than original. Only issue is the sim door is slightly not flush on one side.
    i really like that top strip on the Silver edition... really makes it stand out as a different phone. Also, the original's chin makes it look incomplete. Like a Z10 transformed into a Passport...
    08-05-15 11:19 PM
    The FM works the same as the original with the headphones. The experience isn't massively different - just better imo. I paid 720 cdn but got my black for free on contract so after selling it for 400 now and the silver a year from now i'm in good shape. Sounds like you will be to.
    I'm unclear on this. The original Passport has no FM radio, right? Only the Z30, I thought.
    08-05-15 11:24 PM
    Could you tap the chin with a coin, and then tap the frame too. The sound should give away the material.

And is the speaker/usb grille also metal?

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 11:26 PM
    in response to the original question, I don't find a big difference in the extra space on the sides that aren't rounded off like the original. the chin and the great kb makes it feel like a difference device.
    This is how I felt when I first put my hands on the att one after using the original shopbb one for several months. I wonder if it is further improved. I am trying to sell my att one for $400 on swappa.com now so I can order a silver one. Lol

!"+""
    08-05-15 11:26 PM
    no it has one
    08-05-15 11:28 PM
    double post
    08-05-15 11:33 PM
    Could you tap the chin with a coin, and then tap the frame too. The sound should give away the material.

And is the speaker/usb grille also metal?

Posted via CB10
    It definitely sounds different than the sides. the sides and top sound metallic but the chin sounds like plastic. this is anecdotal, subjective and I could easily be wrong. Geez, now I'm thinking the chin is plastic.
    08-05-15 11:34 PM
    It definitely sounds different than the sides. the sides and top sound metallic but the chin sounds like plastic. this is anecdotal, subjective and I could easily be wrong. Geez, now I'm thinking the chin is plastic.
    Well it may be. Still a tougher, better device I'd wager. I'll have my Silver Passport tomorrow, and I'll test it too.

Thanks. Great thread an photos.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 11:35 PM
    no it has one
    Can't believe I've had this PP for 9 months and never knew it had an FM Radio. I don't know whether to be happy or sad. Listening to it now. Too bad our sports station is only on AM.

Just ordered the silver PP from ShopBB and will try to sell the original on ebay, or maybe here.
    08-06-15 12:02 AM
931 12345 ...