07-24-16 06:28 AM
931 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    Mine does Dammit! Haha

Posted with Z30
    Just got my Passport SE today.

Mine has gaps on both sides. My left side is worse, but not as bad as your right side.
    It's somewhere between your smaller left side gap and the larger right side gap.
    09-16-15 11:16 PM
    Just got my Passport SE today.

Mine has gaps on both sides. My left side is worse, but not as bad as your right side.
    It's somewhere between your smaller left side gap and the larger right side gap.
    Don't know what to do. Rest of phone is perfect. I can live with a little defect my Z30 sim door was a little wonky.

Posted with Z30
    09-16-15 11:31 PM
    I had to return my SE test unit .
    Back on original passport, I was pleased first bc slimer and (it's a black on black edition) the design sober (hey, I try to be positive).
    Then I started typing.
    I miss my SE every letter since.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 01:34 AM
    Back on original passport, I was pleased first bc slimer and (it's a black on black edition) the design sober (hey, I try to be positive).
    Then I started typing.

Posted via CB10

Test unit?

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 06:28 AM
    My phone seems to have some of the other Passport flaws that I read about...

The knurled black plastic cover makes clicky sounds when I press down on it. Like as if it's hollow underneath.

With less than half a day of use my Passport restarted itself while I was using the LinkedIn app.

My keyboard seems to be brighter on the left side. Where the Q, A, Z buttons are. The middle of the keyboard definitely seems dimmer.

The overall build quality is average at best, which is kind of what I was expecting.

These build quality issues aren't really deal breakers for me but I don't think that this phone should have these issues. But the automatic reset would be... I'll have to keep an eye out on that.

Posted via CB10
    Optimus4 likes this.
    09-17-15 07:40 AM
    For those of you looking to buy the Blackberry Passport Silver Edition or Original flavor, here is a 10% discount code up for grabs:
    xpi2aw6h8 . In the US the device price comes down to a little bit under $499.99. You can also pay via Paypal Credit No Payments, No Interests if paid in full in 6 months. That's what I call a good deal.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=YkxUfFUf
    09-17-15 07:55 AM
    @cathidid, the link is not found.
    09-17-15 08:11 AM
    Test unit?

Posted via CB10
    Lent by BlackBerry for review.
    09-17-15 08:26 AM
    Then I started typing.

Posted via CB10

That's why I might stick with the SE after a few paragraphs I started feel it in my thumbs. Might just be out of practice because of my z30 but if the keys on the original passport are more stiff could be an issue.

Posted with Z30
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-17-15 09:09 AM
    What I want to know is does every SE passport have the keyboard that doesn't fit? Like is it designed that way? Because on the chin it is flush with the metal. So the side should be too I mean it fits perfect around the keys so how come they couldn't get it to fit on the sides? Also it is just plastic, don't you make a cast and make thousands of these things all should be the same size????

Posted with Z30
    09-17-15 09:14 AM
    @optimus4: can you pls take a picture and share ?

Edit : do you mean This ?
    Official 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-capture.png

re-edit : IMHO if those were "plastic grey" we'll get a weird feeling on "unbalanced" due to top/bottom/edge margins differences (pardon the dirty work)
    Official 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-sans-titre-1.png
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-17-15 at 12:29 PM.
    09-17-15 11:17 AM
    My phone seems to have some of the other Passport flaws that I read about...

The knurled black plastic cover makes clicky sounds when I press down on it. Like as if it's hollow underneath.

With less than half a day of use my Passport restarted itself while I was using the LinkedIn app.

My keyboard seems to be brighter on the left side. Where the Q, A, Z buttons are. The middle of the keyboard definitely seems dimmer.

The overall build quality is average at best, which is kind of what I was expecting.

These build quality issues aren't really deal breakers for me but I don't think that this phone should have these issues. But the automatic reset would be... I'll have to keep an eye out on that.

Posted via CB10
    IMHO, Ask for a new one. The one I had was perfect and felt really solidly built.
    From my "review" a few days ago :
    The build quality reminds me some Porsche Design devices I've held (not long enough !) in my hands. Feels solid and durable.
    09-17-15 11:20 AM
    IMHO, Ask for a new one. The one I had was perfect and felt really solidly built.
    From my "review" a few days ago :
    I don't know...

Not saying that I don't believe you, but I think these like build quality is subjective. What somebody might think as great fitting and good quality, another person might feel that the quality is not up to par.

So far, I haven't seen my screen lifting yet. If my device keeps restarting itself though, I'm definitely going to return the device.

Although... does anybody notice their screen flickers when the device is dimming down the screen for the screen timeout?
    I think mine does it every time... Is this a software or hardware issue?
    09-17-15 11:34 AM
    Before I made my review, there was already a thread about the "clicking back" so that I inspected my SE every angle.I mean I didn't throw it against a wall to crash test it (hopefully !) but I really went into details and had a close look.
    +
    As for the restart, provided you only have stock OS, I've not experienced that either and I might tend to believe there's a link with the loosy back.I for one wouldn't take the risk of an aggravation ...
    +
    re: flickering : not noticed that.

=> I do suggest you ask for an exchange.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-17-15 at 12:15 PM.
    yyz321 likes this.
    09-17-15 11:45 AM
    Ughhh. I think I got that defective SE passport keyboard from the BlackBerry video. Haha seriously does anyone else have it this bad on the right or is it flush?

Attachment 371728

Here is the left. This side is OK.

Attachment 371729

I really didn't want to return but the idea of dirt sitting there annoys me.

Posted with Z30
    Mine is similar, I noticed it already but I won't return it. I simply accepted you can't really expect that good of build quality from BlackBerry any more. Sure you could return the device, but it is pretty likely the replacement will have a similar or a different issue. Then you'll be back in the return loop.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 12:29 PM
    I don't get it. Mine is perfect build quality. You should check out some android devices. Quality is wooooooful

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    09-17-15 01:27 PM
    I don't get it. Mine is perfect build quality. You should check out some android devices. Quality is wooooooful

Posted via CB10
    Mine, too. Just lucky, I guess.

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    09-17-15 01:35 PM
    Before I made my review, there was already a thread about the "clicking back" so that I inspected my SE every angle.I mean I didn't throw it against a wall to crash test it (hopefully !) but I really went into details and had a close look.
    +
    As for the restart, provided you only have stock OS, I've not experienced that either and I might tend to believe there's a link with the loosy back.I for one wouldn't take the risk of an aggravation ...
    +
    re: flickering : not noticed that.

=> I do suggest you ask for an exchange.
    Thanks for the input.

Oddly enough, the flickering issue as the screen is dimming/turning off doesn't occur anymore even though it was happening last night and also earlier this morning.

I think I'm going to keep this device for now unless it restarts itself again.
    09-17-15 02:01 PM
    @optimus4: can you pls take a picture and share ?

Edit : do you mean This ?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	1565 
Size:	162.3 KB 
ID:	371804

re-edit : IMHO if those were "plastic grey" we'll get a weird feeling on "unbalanced" due to top/bottom/edge margins differences (pardon the dirty work)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sans titre-1.png 
Views:	1543 
Size:	165.7 KB 
ID:	371807

No this was further back in the feed. On the right.

Attachment 371868
    Attached Thumbnails Official 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-img_20150916_205815_edit.jpg  
    09-17-15 08:36 PM
    By the way don't apologise that is some pretty good photo editing especially for a forum.

Posted with Z30
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-17-15 08:38 PM
    So after scouring the Internet for SE pictures I think all of them don't sit flush on both sides. So either a massive defect or BlackBerry designed it like that.

So unless someone can send me a picture of their perfect SE I will not return mine........ I think.

Posted with Z30
    09-17-15 10:45 PM
    So after scouring the Internet for SE pictures I think all of them don't sit flush on both sides. So either a massive defect or BlackBerry designed it like that.

So unless someone can send me a picture of their perfect SE I will not return mine........ I think.

Posted with Z30
    If that's the only fault, I wouldn't return it.
    It's tough (and expensive) to have really good build quality from tight fitting parts.

There are always manufacturing tolerances, for things such as plastics, there are problems with shrinkage/warping during the production process. Usually, fairly tight tolerances can be maintained, but it's just sometimes when the pieces fit together in these straight-edge tight spaces, it makes the gap look large.

Not trying to defend BlackBerry as I would definitely appreciate perfect-fitting trim but unfortunately it's not possible due to engineering/cost. Look at the interior plastic trim for some cars (such as GM), their interior pieces have large tolerances and fit together like crap.
    Optimus4 likes this.
    09-17-15 11:07 PM
    Lol. I can only imagine some people inspecting there devices with the magnifier an all out. Lol. ( after a few looks your brain goes into overtime). All because you read it somewhere.

Posted via CB10
    DudeManBud Man likes this.
    09-18-15 01:33 AM
    I just ordered the Silver Edition (I am a current original PP user) and it arrives tomorrow. I ordered directly from BlackBerry, but there was no mention of the bundled accessories deal (worth $130) being a part of my purchase. Is that deal already expired? Have I ordered too late? Or will I be surprised with some extra goodies when my SE arrives?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 03:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    What's wrong with you?

Why you talking about android?

If you're fishing for likes try to have a better input to the forums instead of slating another OS in a "Official 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread".
    09-18-15 03:28 AM
931 ... 2526272829 ...