@lyoobaberry glad that's been your experience; comfortably operating it one-handed and not worrying about it being damaged turn out to be more important considerations for me than I thought. In an ideal world I'd have the screen and bump up in processing / memory spec of the pp in a q10 form factor, but there's always a compromise

I think I'll stick with it though as a tablet replacement if nothing else

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    09-01-15 04:10 PM
    @lyoobaberry glad that's been your experience; comfortably operating it one-handed and not worrying about it being damaged turn out to be more important considerations for me than I thought. In an ideal world I'd have the screen and bump up in processing / memory spec of the pp in a q10 form factor, but there's always a compromise

Posted via CB10
    That's what I'm primarily using mine for. Replaced the Q with a Classic though. Loving the bigger, crisper, more vibrant screen and the physical call and end buttons...the trackpad I can do without though (seems a little too small of a surface area too). I do miss the slim portability factor of the Q though

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    09-01-15 04:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's a gadget, a tool. Obviously, as with any other tool, not to be left outside during the rain, but a tool nonetheless. I enjoy the kb real estate more than the screen (PP vs Q10) but, yes, it would be amazing to have PP specs in Q10/9900 body. However, the juice to run it all comes at a size.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 04:38 PM
    Okay so I just got my Silver and I'm still trying to connect with it. I'm coming from a original black pp to a leap and then the silver and it feels great. The keyboard is so much better reminds me of the Classic keyboard. I'm going to carry this phone without a case #bold oh and BTW BlackBerry link amazed me two times today

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 10:26 PM
    I just got my SE today! the keyboard is so much better than the og passport!! feels so soft! especially the spacebar! definitely will test it out more and post more observations in the next couple of days!!

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    09-01-15 11:30 PM
    I just bought the SE, I used a promotion code but I was surprised by the aprox $ 38 in taxes.

I am being charged $138 for handling and shipping to Bolivia by a local company.
    Is the same tax being paid in amazon?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 08:51 AM
    Slightly annoying that I still cannot buy the SE in the (European) country I live in. SHop BB allows for orders in the UK, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, but no other countries in Europe. And neither Amazon nor any other dealer have it in stock. I purchased almost all other BB10 phones, and it never took them so long to make a device available everywhere.
    So I would like to contribute here, but can't.
    09-02-15 09:24 AM
    Handtec and unlockedmobiles probably ship around Europe from the UK. They ship to Ireland for sure as that's what I'm typing on!

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 03:47 PM
    Got mine last night. Transferring from my white Passport as we speak.
    It does feel better in the hand.
    Not sure if the speakers are actually better.
    Due to lack of accessories I caved and ordered the BlackBerry holster. According to others here it's a good fit. Time will tell. Guess I'm keeping it naked.
    Although I did see one ebay seller in China selling a super cheap plastic skin for the SE.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 06:15 PM
    Taking the plunge. Just ordered the SE . Enjoying my Z30 but have yet to fully embrace the touch screen typing experience. Had a Curve and Q10 before and definitely miss the PKB. Thanks to all in the community for their reviews and thoughts. Helped me with my decision. Cheers!

Posted via my Z30
    09-05-15 08:41 PM
    funny story - many months ago, I had my first name legally changed, so I did the paperwork to get a new travel passport id made. I also ordered a passport SE on amazon last week. both passports ended up arriving on the same day!

Official 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-l1000432.jpg

Blackberry Passport SE, iPhone 5S, Lumia 1020, HTC One M8
    09-06-15 12:29 AM
    I actually didn't want to buy another BlackBerry Device anytime soon After my really Bad experience with the BlackBerry Classic. However the replacement (Note Edge) didn't turn out to be too well either. Starting from missing the physical Keyboard, oder to poor battery life and surprisingly underwhelming cellular reception.
    So my SE Passport arrived yesterday. Pretty pleased with it, the new keyboard is a noticeable improvement, even though the original keyboard wasn't bad at all.
    Official 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-20150911043853.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 05:17 AM
    Do as i did. Ordered it to a cousin adress in new York! Received it a week later in senegal . I did the same with my wife's red passport !

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    09-11-15 01:01 PM
    You can buy it from Selfridges, I did and they shipped to Sweden in 2 days.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 01:08 PM
    Got mine last night. Transferring from my white Passport as we speak.
    It does feel better in the hand.
    Not sure if the speakers are actually better.
    Due to lack of accessories I caved and ordered the BlackBerry holster. According to others here it's a good fit. Time will tell. Guess I'm keeping it naked.
    Although I did see one ebay seller in China selling a super cheap plastic skin for the SE.

Posted via CB10
    Forgot the quote, buy it from Selfridges.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 01:08 PM
    Slightly annoying that I still cannot buy the SE in the (European) country I live in. SHop BB allows for orders in the UK, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, but no other countries in Europe. And neither Amazon nor any other dealer have it in stock. I purchased almost all other BB10 phones, and it never took them so long to make a device available everywhere.
    So I would like to contribute here, but can't.
    Sorry. Amateur hour here. Lol. Check out Selfridges. Sorry people. Need to stop drinking. Over and out!

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 01:10 PM
    I received mine last week and had just added data to the device when my Z30 died (battery won't charge). I have had the OG, AT&T, and now the SE and this is just dang classy. Keyboard better than both previous models - mushy on the AT&T model. The free cases and charging pod from Crackberry Canada made this my best purchase ever.

STA 100-3, SQW 100-4 / 10.3.2.2639
    09-11-15 04:20 PM
    Mine is due to arrive tomorrow!
    09-15-15 07:01 PM
    So I finally got one. Compared to the black PP (and som references to the Classic):

Looks are quite stunning, for one who likes retro/vintage styles. It reminds me of one of these old Agfa viewfinder cameras, especially the back side. Nonetheless, the black one made a more elegant, discreet impression. In particular, the screen looked better, popping out of a black & even surrounding, compared with silverish bezels and visible frets & camera & loudspeaker openings, which makes it look much more busy.

Typing experience is much better, amazing what difference the longer chin and the softer keys make. Moving from PKB to VKB and back to type a special character now feels less annoying, as both typing experiences now feel more similar, and the 'interruption effect' is less noticeable. Typing when lying on the couch is now easier, although still not as convenient as e.g. with a Classic.

Overall build quality & feel is very good, although no big difference to the black, which was also outstanding imho.

The rounded corners on the bottom end allow for longer pain-free holding of the phone, and for a little easier getting it out of tight blue jeans pockets. No huge difference though, the SE still is no Classic, which is still way more convenient to handle.

The back cover provides a better grip, although the improvement being by far not as significant as I thought, based on the first ('pro') reviews.

Is it worth the upgrade from the black PP? I'm going to keep it, mainly because of the improved typing experience. Those who didn't have any problems in that regard on the black, will probabaly not gain a lot, imho. Except in case they prefer the different looks.
    kertong likes this.
    09-16-15 07:32 AM
    Wow that's a lot I got a discount code so cost me 660 CAD with tax here in Ontario

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 08:25 AM
    It's here!

Edit: Don't know why I can't post pictures with the CB app.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 05:59 PM
    It's here!

Edit: Don't know why I can't post pictures with the CB app.

Posted via CB10
    I had that problem too. If I remember how I fixed I will let you know.

And mine just arrived. Fast shipping.

Posted with Z30
    09-16-15 08:38 PM
    you can save some money if you look in the BlackBerry 'deals' forum
    and I can throw in free shipping, just bbm me: pin:2BDA866D and I'll tell you how

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 09:27 PM
    Ughhh. I think I got that defective SE passport keyboard from the BlackBerry video. Haha seriously does anyone else have it this bad on the right or is it flush?

Official 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-img_20150916_205815_edit.jpg

Here is the left. This side is OK.

Official 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-img_20150916_205912.jpg

I really didn't want to return but the idea of dirt sitting there annoys me.

Posted with Z30
    09-16-15 11:06 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...e-untitled.png

OP, your silver PP has a gap as shown in the pic above?
    Thanks.
    Mine does Dammit! Haha

Posted with Z30
    09-16-15 11:11 PM
931 ... 2425262728 ...