Ordered mine last Friday on UK shop bbry site, it arrived to my London office desk this morning (DHL from Bratislava, Slovakia, via Brussels). Unfortunately, circumstances are such I am not there to pick it up for at least a week! Aaaaargh

My lady is already anxious to replace her Z30 with my OG PP that would be the retirement of Z10, as my mother in law would get an upgrade

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 05:13 PM
    Looks like the bundle is sold out on shopblackberry canada, though you can still get the SE without the bundle. I really only like the charge stand, not interested in the rest. But would still rather get the bundle. It seems Crackberry.com is still selling the bundle, but they are still showing 'pre-order', and I go on vacation in 2 weeks. Does anyone know when they will be shipping, and what level of shipping they will be using? Also will the blackberry tradeup program work with a device bought through crackberry com?
    08-17-15 05:21 PM
    Looking t those photos from Blambtn.. you are one extremely fortune guy. 3 Porsche Designs, 4 Passports, 3 Classics.. you alone must be keeping BlackBerry in business lol :P

Hopefully one day I can post my SE in this thread. It looks so nce! So jealous.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, I wish. I was commenting on another post. I wish that was my collection. My wife would divorce me.

Posted via Passport SE - 10.3.2.2339 
    08-17-15 07:22 PM
    This is exactly what I'd be doing if I was rich. Screw parties, drinking and drugs, just give me every BlackBerry. Rent is hard enough to pay let alone buying a new BB to replace the one I sold to pay rent.

the all Black Porsche phone is slick looking

Am I the only one who thinks Chen nixed the Porsche phones but couldn't with the Porsche Passport because it was already too far down the pipe so he just had it released as the Silver Edition?
    I believe what you are saying to be true. This phone looks and feels like a premium BlackBerry. I wouldn't doubt it one bit that JC nixed the Porsche design and the SE is the result.

Posted via Passport SE - 10.3.2.2339 
    08-17-15 07:30 PM
    I ordered the bundle last Friday, it says online on Crackberry order page that I should receive it by next Monday. Happy how quick the turnaround was!

Can't wait!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 07:30 PM
    Does it have wireless charging?
    No, my ATT passport has it, but this SE I bought does not. But it is a very sexy device.

Flying Spaghetti Monster. SQW-100-4. 10.3.2.2226
    08-17-15 07:47 PM
    Yes, and of course it does.....same OS.

Flying Spaghetti Monster. SQW-100-4. 10.3.2.2226
    08-17-15 07:47 PM
    Drooling over all these lovely photos

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.2.2339
    Come on Matty.
    You know you gotta have one.
    Make it a birthday present from someone.

Z30 STA 100-3/10.3.2.2339
    08-17-15 08:24 PM
    Why wouldn't it work? The SE is the same phone as the OG, just slightly different dressing. Same guts. Make sure your running the correct OS version.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    It's supposed to be the same, but apparently there are some hidden differences, at least in the radio hardware. My SE SQW 100-4 will not take the 859 radio, whether side loaded or autoloaded (I've tried it every which way, even creating a hybrid 2339/859 autoloader), while my old SQW 100-1 ran on 859 without any problem.
    08-17-15 09:36 PM
    Just loaded up with the apps from my z30 and omg this hardware is the dogs bollox

BlackBerry Passport SE on OS 10.3.2.2226 Wind Mobile after 7 yrs with Rogers
    08-17-15 10:32 PM
    Come on Matty.
    You know you gotta have one.
    Make it a birthday present from someone.

Z30 STA 100-3/10.3.2.2339
    I really really wish i could but here is unfortunately this why i cant.

+ $649 for the device & Accessories
    + $50 for shipping to Africa
    + $84 for import duty.
    --$783 Total

I might be able to purchase for Christmas Next Year haha
    You never know, i might get lucky one day and be sponsored one, can always hope
    08-18-15 12:32 AM
    I'm still on a Z30 so I'm wondering if anyone has any comments about how most of the apps (both BB native and Android) work on the Passport's screen dimensions? I remember in the early days a lot of apps would break on the Passport. Is that mostly fixed now?
    08-18-15 08:07 AM
    I really really wish i could but here is unfortunately this why i cant.

+ $649 for the device & Accessories
    + $50 for shipping to Africa
    + $84 for import duty.
    --$783 Total

I might be able to purchase for Christmas Next Year haha
    You never know, i might get lucky one day and be sponsored one, can always hope
    I paid the same for the Original Passport shipped to Bolivia, this Silver Edition is cheaper it is $ 549, you should had bought it when the accessories were available.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 08:23 AM
    This is complete BS. I use AT&T myself and on LTE all the time with no problems. Stop going to incompetent reps.

 вιaсĸвεггч� PP Silver Edition via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2339)
    I agree about the incompetent and even nasty phone reps at AT&T. Not so easy to be nasty to customers face to face at the AT&T Store.

But here is the definitive answer, at least for me. Yesterday I called AT&T and asked them to change my IMEI number--the rep refused. I gave her a bad rating on the feedback text message I got from AT&T.

Today I went to my local AT&T Store, corporate, and asked if they would change the IMEI number on my Passport SIM registration (on their computers, not my actual SIM) from what was my old Amazon-bought unlocked OG Passport IMEI to my new SE Passport IMEI. She did, and it did nothing. My Mobile Network settings still showed UTMS or something like that, as did their computer--I saw it myself. It did not say LTE on either.

Then I asked her to change the IMEI number registered with them from my SE Passport IMEI to my wife's Z10 IMEI--the Z10 had been bought originally from AT&T. Once she did that, the AT&T computer now showed LTE, as did the Mobile network settings on my SE Passport. And I had LTE on my Passport once again, and I still have it.

Apparently, the IMEI number tells AT&T whether the phone is an AT&T phone--the two Passports are not, but the Z10 is, and that determines whether you can get LTE on their end and then on the phone itself. Since it is physically possible (with a size adaptor) and perfectly legal to move a SIM card from one phone to another, so long as the phone number stays the same, AT&T doesn't really care what the IMEI number is. Or maybe they do, so that people are encouraged to buy phones from AT&T and have an IMEI number that identifies it as such and permits LTE to be used, but they aren't sticklers for it.

Fact is, if you have an AT&T Z10 or AT&T Passport IMEI number available to you, you can just ask AT&T on the phone or at the AT&T Store, depending upon the rep, I suppose, to associate that IMEI number with your SIM card.

Sorry to be so repetitious, but I wanted to avoid confusion or questions about what I did, what works, or how to do it. I'm sure there will still be some of each :-)
    08-18-15 11:43 AM
    I agree about the incompetent and even nasty phone reps at AT&T. Not so easy to be nasty to customers face to face at the AT&T Store.

But here is the definitive answer, at least for me. Yesterday I called AT&T and asked them to change my IMEI number--the rep refused. I gave her a bad rating on the feedback text message I got from AT&T.

Today I went to my local AT&T Store, corporate, and asked if they would change the IMEI number on my Passport SIM registration (on their computers, not my actual SIM) from what was my old Amazon-bought unlocked OG Passport IMEI to my new SE Passport IMEI. She did, and it did nothing. My Mobile Network settings still showed UTMS or something like that, as did their computer--I saw it myself. It did not say LTE on either.

Then I asked her to change the IMEI number registered with them from my SE Passport IMEI to my wife's Z10 IMEI--the Z10 had been bought originally from AT&T. Once she did that, the AT&T computer now showed LTE, as did the Mobile network settings on my SE Passport. And I had LTE on my Passport once again, and I still have it.

Apparently, the IMEI number tells AT&T whether the phone is an AT&T phone--the two Passports are not, but the Z10 is, and that determines whether you can get LTE on their end and then on the phone itself. Since it is physically possible (with a size adaptor) and perfectly legal to move a SIM card from one phone to another, so long as the phone number stays the same, AT&T doesn't really care what the IMEI number is. Or maybe they do, so that people are encouraged to buy phones from AT&T and have an IMEI number that identifies it as such and permits LTE to be used, but they aren't sticklers for it.

Fact is, if you have an AT&T Z10 or AT&T Passport IMEI number available to you, you can just ask AT&T on the phone or at the AT&T Store, depending upon the rep, I suppose, to associate that IMEI number with your SIM card.

Sorry to be so repetitious, but I wanted to avoid confusion or questions about what I did, what works, or how to do it. I'm sure there will still be some of each :-)
    This should be a great resource for people still having problems so thanks for elaborating.

08-18-15 12:12 PM
    @Tw1g_007 I will definitely try that. I called blackberry and they told me they will call AT&T and have them setup my phone with LTE. I like your approach better.
    08-18-15 12:19 PM
    that's a bunch of crap...I am Canadian travelling back and forth to the US. My first phone was a unlocked Z30 from DR. I put an LTE sim card in it = worked in Canada then when I was in US, AT&T gave me a sim card, which doesn't say LTE on the card, and got LTE when I was closed to big city only, no LTE in the smaller town or country

Now having the Passport from DR, In Canada I have LTE with the same sim card and never called Telus to change the IMEI...In a couples of days I'm going back to US, I'll see what the phone does
    08-18-15 12:56 PM
    that's a bunch of crap...I am Canadian travelling back and forth to the US. My first phone was a unlocked Z30 from DR. I put an LTE sim card in it = worked in Canada then when I was in US, AT&T gave me a sim card, which doesn't say LTE on the card, and got LTE when I was closed to big city only, no LTE in the smaller town or country

Now having the Passport from DR, In Canada I have LTE with the same sim card and never called Telus to change the IMEI...In a couples of days I'm going back to US, I'll see what the phone does
    It never "says LTE on the card." It's the IMEI number AT&T has associated with the SIM card you have from AT&T that determines whether you get LTE or not. I am in a big city, I didn't get LTE when I had the Amazon Unlocked Passport IMEI associated with the SIM card on AT&T's computer. As soon as they changed the IMEI number to one that was from an AT&T Z10, and associated it on the AT&T computer with the very same SIM card in my Passport SE--I never touched the SIM card itself in my Passport--I immediately had LTE. Same phone, same SIM, same spot in the AT&T Store.

This may or may not apply to someone switching to an AT&T SIM while in the States--I simply don't know. But it applies to me, and probably to others who are in the States and have AT&T.

I don't know how to make it any clearer than that. Maybe somebody here does.
    08-18-15 01:09 PM
    This should be a great resource for people still having problems so thanks for elaborating.

This **** pisses me off. I feel like with the push by OEMs to sell unlocked devices directly to customers, this is the last ditch effort for carriers to force the general public, who doesn't know any better, to purchase a carrier branded phone.

Unlocked device? Ya, it doesn't have "the frequency" for LTE.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    08-18-15 01:18 PM
    One thing that would be interesting to know is if there is a special number coding on the IMEIs to indicate whose phone it is, that is, whether it is from AT&T or Rogers or TMobile or unloced, or what. Something like the first four numbers, as with credit cards, for example, I think Chase VISA cards always begin with 4388.

I'm not going to publish my IMEI numbers, of course, but my AT&T issued Z10's IMEI begins with 3529, whereas my ShopBlackberry SE Passport's IMIE number begins with 3579, and my old OG Amazon Passport's IMEI number began with 3518.

Others here could check their various phones to see if there is a pattern with different phones sold by different carriers. It might be possible to fake an IMEI number on that basis to make it work--I don't know. THE IMEI number registered with AT&T for the SIM itself doesn't seem to carry over to anything else, that is, to ownership, with AT&T, because the SIM cards are interchangeable between phones, anyway. You would always want to use the actual IMEI number of the phone for warranty purposes.
    08-18-15 01:23 PM
    It never "says LTE on the card." It's the IMEI number AT&T has associated with the SIM card you have from AT&T that determines whether you get LTE or not. I am in a big city, I didn't get LTE when I had the Amazon Unlocked Passport IMEI associated with the SIM card on AT&T's computer. As soon as they changed the IMEI number to one that was from an AT&T Z10, and associated it on the AT&T computer with the very same SIM card in my Passport SE--I never touched the SIM card itself in my Passport--I immediately had LTE. Same phone, same SIM, same spot in the AT&T Store.

This may or may not apply to someone switching to an AT&T SIM while in the States--I simply don't know. But it applies to me, and probably to others who are in the States and have AT&T.

I don't know how to make it any clearer than that. Maybe somebody here does.
    I understand what you are saying. I never had to argue with them. I got LTE
    08-18-15 01:24 PM
    This **** pisses me off. I feel like with the push by OEMs to sell unlocked devices directly to customers, this is the last ditch effort for carriers to force the general public, who doesn't know any better, to purchase a carrier branded phone.

If you're pissed off with AT&T, please get at the end of the line. And from what I understand, Verizon is much worse in this regard.
    08-18-15 01:25 PM
    If you're pissed off with AT&T, please get at the end of the line. And from what I understand, Verizon is much worse in this regard.
    Just in general. I'm actually on Cricket and I popped in the SIM with no issues. I guess AT&T MVNOs don't do the same IMEI check?

08-18-15 01:37 PM

I agree. You should have seen my frustrations back when I was trying to get my AT&T branded device unlocked so I could travel and switch sims seamlessly. It was hell.

I really hate AT&T and wish I could switch to something else entirely but TMo sucks and Verizon uses CDMA (it's too expensive anyway). The major problem that has prevented me from switching all this time was my super rare grandfathered unlimited plan or I would be with an MNVO by now. The time they take this unlimited plan from me is the time they lose me as a customer.

08-18-15 02:27 PM
    My Silver Edition is on the way. Ordered it Sunday night via shopblackberry.com, it shipped this afternoon from Bratislava and should be in the Netherlands tomorrow. Hope I'm home when they come round, have to go out in the afternoon to take 9 kids swimming for a party. Which sounded fun when I said I'd keep an eye on them, but now I just want to stay in...
    08-18-15 02:56 PM
931 ... 1718192021 ...