07-24-16 06:28 AM
931 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Just received mine and WOW,way better looking don't believe the haters this thing is gorgeous!!!!I'm trying not read the negative posts about the SE, edition,that's what made me return the original one I had. Was paranoid of screen lift,and sure enough this one has the slight raise in top right corner of screen that I've been reading about,i think I'm going to live with it and keep my eye on it!oh I bought it from BlackBerry and I assume it comes with a one year warranty, is this correct? Anyway love this phone

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 05:33 PM
    My only complaint is that both of the cases are a mother****er to get off and on the phone. I feel like I am going to either 1) break the case trying to get the phone out of it or 2)damange and/or scratch th

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    That's odd. I put the flip case on and had no problems. I was actually surprised at how well it seems to fit.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 05:57 PM
    Beautiful device. Runs smoother than my classic. The bigger screen gives more of a mobile computer feel. And that is a good thing. I don't mind doing task on it that otherwise I'd do on the computer. And I can do it in a more comfortable position.

From a social perspective, some of the same Droid and iphone users that usually (and even recently) criticize my affinity for Blackberrys, praised this Passport Silver Edition when letting them use it #POW.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 06:45 PM
    My only complaint is that both of the cases are a mother****er to get off and on the phone. I feel like I am going to either 1) break the case trying to get the phone out of it or 2)damange and/or scratch th

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    Yes or tear the sim door off...which ive done.
    08-12-15 07:08 PM
    Just received my Brand New SE Phone from Shop BlackBerry and OMG it's Beautiful. I don't even want to touch it and get finger prints on it. I fired it up and it had OS 2339. It does have the raise of screen on right side. I only notice it because of the reviews here on crackberry. otherwise I would have not noticed it. Put the folding case on with the plastic still on the screen and the back of the phone. I just like to keep the plastic on for a while. It does get hot in the case. It's a Beauty!

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 07:11 PM
    Finally got mine. Nearly died when FedEx delivered the package to the wrong address. After a quick trip to AT&T I'm up and running. I really have to congratulate BBY on their device switch tool. It was so easy to switch from my Q10 to the PP.
    08-12-15 07:17 PM
    Finally got mine. Nearly died when FedEx delivered the package to the wrong address. After a quick trip to AT&T I'm up and running. I really have to congratulate BBY on their device switch tool. It was so easy to switch from my Q10 to the PP.
    I did the same thing with my P'9982. First time I've ever used the device switch feature. It is awesome! Worked really well.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 08:12 PM
    Yep....I have had it with mine...I am a complete OCD when it comes to my phones and I could not stop playing with the edge....call it what you want....say what you want...but when I pay full price for anything I expect to have a quality product....I talked with BB for almost 2 hours from one rep to another then over to DR then back to BB to talk with a RMA rep and they had the stones to tell me that they would repair my one hour old phone...and that I will have to send it to them....my comment was simple I am 1 hour into my 30 day return period please send me over to DR to process my return...I have been using your phones since the very first one was released and have had just about every model ever made and this is what I get for all my years of loyalty.....seriously frustrated user!!
    Someone at BB/DR needs to learn that word of mouth is very powerful.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 08:33 PM
    Someone at BB/DR needs to learn that word of mouth is very powerful.

Posted via CB10
    someone needs to hack DR and put them under.
    08-12-15 09:18 PM
    someone needs to hack DR and put them under.
    Hire Lizard Squad with Bitcoin?

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 10:24 PM
    Hire Lizard Squad with Bitcoin?

Posted via CB10
    Bam

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 11:21 PM
    Anyone want to post pics of the Passport SE with some cases on? How does the flip case work if you can't take the back case off? The Z30 flip case replaces the back casing so I'm not sure how this one would work.

With that textured back I can only imagine putting a case on will make it feel less solid.
    08-12-15 11:41 PM
    Anyone want to post pics of the Passport SE with some cases on? How does the flip case work if you can't take the back case off? The Z30 flip case replaces the back casing so I'm not sure how this one would work.

With that textured back I can only imagine putting a case on will make it feel less solid.
    It is the flex-shell style case with a leather/felt flap.

Posted via CB10
    xtremesniper likes this.
    08-13-15 12:46 AM
    It is the flex-shell style case with a leather/felt flap.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, after inspecting some pictures of the case I figured as much. Too bad you won't have the textured back of the phone once it's on.

Has anyone ever had to deal with Shop CrackBerry customer service? People always complain about Digital River but no one mentions Shop CrackBerry.
    08-13-15 08:21 AM
    Thanks, after inspecting some pictures of the case I figured as much. Too bad you won't have the textured back of the phone once it's on.

Has anyone ever had to deal with Shop CrackBerry customer service? People always complain about Digital River but no one mentions Shop CrackBerry.
    The case has a textured back, as well. Almost identical to the phone.
    xtremesniper likes this.
    08-13-15 08:39 AM

I'm in the US and they only sell devices from their store in Canada, but I called a while back when they had a really good deal on the Z30 and the lady I spoke with was extremely friendly and honest with me about possibly getting hit with higher than usual custom fees on top of shipping to the US. In all honesty, if they were just trying to make a quick sale, she could have just gave me the conversion and shipping. We also went a bit off-topic and I definitely felt confident if I was to purchase from them. Being in the US was the hindrance. I know that's not exactly a returned device story, but just my feeling when I spoke to them.

As for DR/shopblackberry, they've always went above and beyond for me as well. I've been refunded when I really shouldn't have been with just one phone call and they've always been good to me when I order a device and call for follow-up when they pull my account information up. This is why I continue to order through shopblackberry. Have never had a negative experience. I have ordered many phones from them for family and friends on my account and my sister's Z30 is pretty beat up so will likely be ordering something for her soon and have no hesitation ordering from shopblackberry either. Never had any of the negative experiences some have discussed.

Posted via CB10
    xtremesniper likes this.
    08-13-15 09:46 AM
    Did anyone get the Blackberry Care Protection Plan.
    Is this needed? I assume so since i have an unlocked SE and i am on at&t network
    08-13-15 11:23 AM
    Wow just wow

Just received my new SE about an hour a go, still setting it up and getting use to it. Typing is way way better, for myself. Looks fantastic and not one problem so far.

I've had the OG from day one and was so happy with it and thought I would never change. Well I lied to myself.

Just a great device. Really happy.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 02:16 PM
    Wow just wow

Just received my new SE about an hour a go, still setting it up and getting use to it. Typing is way way better, for myself. Looks fantastic and not one problem so far.

I've had the OG from day one and was so happy with it and thought I would never change. Well I lied to myself.

Just a great device. Really happy.

Posted via CB10
    Wow... just wow I am so happy for you. Oh my God wow just insane. Wow!

 вιaсĸвεггч PP Silver Edition via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2339)
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    08-13-15 02:29 PM
    My Passport Silver Edition is finally with me... such a cool phone.. so better than my previous black passport.. though NFC seems glitchy!!!

Any clues as to why I can't file transfer to another NFC device?? It doesn't do anything!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 05:43 PM
    My Passport Silver Edition is finally with me... such a cool phone.. so better than my previous black passport.. though NFC seems glitchy!!!

Any clues as to why I can't file transfer to another NFC device?? It doesn't do anything!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Maybe it has something to do with the metal? Interesting find.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 06:14 PM
    After reading so many bad reviews for DR, I ordered mine from amazon but their extra cautiousness, they froze my account and asked for address verification. Had to fax those papers from India and after impatiently waiting for over 24hours they unblocked my account. But I was upset and cancelled and ordered from DR on Saturday night with my fingers crossed. On Monday evening asked them about update and wow it was already shipped that morning. Got it delivered on Wednesday morning. Now waiting for my uncle to come to India who will be carrying my SE passport.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport superphone
    valer466 likes this.
    08-13-15 07:01 PM
    Ok Guys!! Mine finally arrived, ordered the bundle deal on Saturday night from DR (shopblackberry.com), It was delivered yesterday.

Here's a pic with my OG Passport and Z30. Later I'll post another pictures with the OG White that belongs to the wife

Sorry for the crappy phone pictures (Taken from a Sony Xperia...), and also really, all the pictures that I saw never made it justice. It's so much nicer in real life

Official 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-img-20150813-wa022.jpg

First Impression: Awesome!!

P.S. Bundle deal is sold out on website is --EDIT: Removed Canada from the available list
    Last edited by ROROSLIM; 08-13-15 at 10:47 PM.
    ptpete likes this.
    08-13-15 07:08 PM
    Nice Z30 in white. Don't see many of those floating around.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 10:02 PM
    P.S. Bundle deal is sold out on US, only Canada website is carrying it
    I'm on Shop BlackBerry (Canada) and I don't see any mention of the bundle deal anymore.
    08-13-15 10:39 PM
931 ... 1213141516 ...