Am supposed to get mine tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Got it for $340 on Amazon Prime but used.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    06-22-16 10:55 PM
    Got my Silver finally!
    06-23-16 02:18 PM
    I almost want to get one again, I had to sell it to get the Priv but Android is too over hyped for my needs and packed with ads everywhere.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 12:05 AM
    Hello CB,

First post here, and glad to join the ranks of the outliers and holders-on-to of a once mighty force in the industry.

Just got my brand new Passport SE yesterday. It was hard to justify the price for a piece of HW that is rapidly losing any remaining SW support, but I've already mentally committed to using the Passport, so what the hey. The physical keyboard with generous finger space, even for my bigass guitar fingers, is one irreplaceable aspect of a mobile communications and productivity device. This is my second BlackBerry, the first a Bold 9000.

I read the warnings, the Cobalt patch contribution, and the 2836/2876 Android app uninstall mess-up fiasco thus far. Still got a lot of catching up to do on the reading of where things are at now. Unfortunately I agreed to update the OS and am now at 2386.

It's absolutely clear that BB10 is dead - whether you want to stick Android on it is a personal call. Still deciding on whether to keep this thing a pure BB device or to put big bro Googs on there... I can't get my work email to be setup on the native email client. The trusted K9 from Android land would be a much preferred alternative. Hopefully I can make the native BB mail tool work.

Hardware-wise, this is best overall mobile device I've seen after the Nokia N900, which I was using until yesterday (AT&T won't do 2G after Dec. 2016). Feels substantial in your hands, and the spacious keyboard is the best in class to date.

First smartphone since iPhone 3 (left it in a cab in Vegas) - it feels strange to have fast, working Internet at your fingertips all the time...

Best,
    -kkoo

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 08:31 PM
    Anyone have a good recommendation for a good screen protector? I had the Ghost Armour for my black PP but I went to check if they have it for the SE and they didn't any other good options?
    06-27-16 01:00 PM
    My husband got his new passport SE. *sniff*. It's soo beautiful. He just learned you can scroll on virtual keyboard. Loves it!

Jaglenn's Passport
    Optimus4 likes this.
    06-28-16 05:21 PM
    Does anyone have problems with the BB Link not showing the SE Passport picture on the page of the Link?
    07-14-16 01:35 PM
    I just got back my SE back from my brother. The problem is I cannot perform the security wipe without the BlackBerry I'D which he has set and he says he doesn't remember it. Is there any way I can wipe it without the current BlackBerry ID ??

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 01:41 PM
    I just got back my SE back from my brother. The problem is I cannot perform the security wipe without the BlackBerry I'D which he has set and he says he doesn't remember it. Is there any way I can wipe it without the current BlackBerry ID ??

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried putting a password and entering it wrong 10x?
    kanungoash likes this.
    07-14-16 01:49 PM
    Have you tried putting a password and entering it wrong 10x?
    Yes, it got locked out for 15 mins. Is it possible to wipe the phone by overriding the current BlackBerry ID??

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 01:54 PM
    Yes, it got locked out for 15 mins. Is it possible to wipe the phone by overriding the current BlackBerry ID??

Posted via CB10
    Oh thats strange, it used to be, when you enter the password wrong 10x it will wipe the device. Not sure how to override the current BBID.
    07-14-16 02:00 PM
    Can I do it via link??

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 02:05 PM
    You can try...
    07-14-16 02:21 PM
    You can try...
    Actually you were right! I put a password and then tried 10 times...and now security wipe has started. I was trying from the settings > security wipe, so got confused. Then I read your post a bit carefully and got it. Thanks a lot. I just hope it completes...cos most of the times it doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 02:32 PM
    It will wipe, but upon setup you will have to put in the last users BBID...

Tell him to remember the login details or the phone is useless.

He can try going to protect.blackberry.com, and trying to reset the password if he forgot.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 02:35 PM
    It will wipe, but upon setup you will have to put in the last users BBID...

Tell him to remember the login details or the phone is useless.

He can try going to protect.blackberry.com, and trying to reset the password if he forgot.

Posted via CB10
    No its wiped up completely and booted up with my BlackBerry ID. Adding accounts now

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 02:57 PM
    @kanungoash

Bet that's the last time you ever let your brother get his hands on your passport!

I'd have been hazardous to his health if I'd been in your shoes!!!!

Love my passport - awesome workhorse total Thoroughbred!

Posted via CB10
    kanungoash likes this.
    07-14-16 09:33 PM
    Lol...it feels good to be back from the original passport to the SE. This keyboard is awesome!! Typing on this feels like it's something else. There's no comparison at all. It's like comparing a merc with an AMG. Wow! But I still prefer the looks of the OG.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 01:31 AM
    Actually you were right! I put a password and then tried 10 times...and now security wipe has started. I was trying from the settings > security wipe, so got confused. Then I read your post a bit carefully and got it. Thanks a lot. I just hope it completes...cos most of the times it doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    Good stuff!
    07-15-16 07:34 AM
    Just got mine at 7 pm last night from the Amazon Prime deal a couple days ago. Man, this is THE phone I have been waiting for and my only problem was I have 7 lines with Verizon and didn't want to switch over to AT&T because where my wife works doesn't have AT&T signal. So, I just gave one line to AT&T and I'll see how it goes. The keyboard is way different that the demo OG I used from AT&T. I went it talking about the Passport and they got me a demo Passport and Priv and I just walked out the door with them both. They said it was a new program they were starting. Of course, they new I had 7 business lines which probably helped a little.

My wife said it looked stupid holding it up to my ear and talking. Those poor brain washed iOS'er's. Of which I used to be until I saw the light.
    07-15-16 08:36 AM
    Hello CB,

First post here, and glad to join the ranks of the outliers and holders-on-to of a once mighty force in the industry.

Just got my brand new Passport SE yesterday. It was hard to justify the price for a piece of HW that is rapidly losing any remaining SW support, but I've already mentally committed to using the Passport, so what the hey. The physical keyboard with generous finger space, even for my bigass guitar fingers, is one irreplaceable aspect of a mobile communications and productivity device. This is my second BlackBerry, the first a Bold 9000.

I read the warnings, the Cobalt patch contribution, and the 2836/2876 Android app uninstall mess-up fiasco thus far. Still got a lot of catching up to do on the reading of where things are at now. Unfortunately I agreed to update the OS and am now at 2386.

It's absolutely clear that BB10 is dead - whether you want to stick Android on it is a personal call. Still deciding on whether to keep this thing a pure BB device or to put big bro Googs on there... I can't get my work email to be setup on the native email client. The trusted K9 from Android land would be a much preferred alternative. Hopefully I can make the native BB mail tool work.

Hardware-wise, this is best overall mobile device I've seen after the Nokia N900, which I was using until yesterday (AT&T won't do 2G after Dec. 2016). Feels substantial in your hands, and the spacious keyboard is the best in class to date.

First smartphone since iPhone 3 (left it in a cab in Vegas) - it feels strange to have fast, working Internet at your fingertips all the time...

Best,
    -kkoo

Posted via CB10
    Se is a computer. Any email can go on this. Installing email process has changed. Most have left pop and gone to imap so procedure is diff. Get a grip. Se is all you need

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    07-16-16 05:32 PM
    Hi all...

Been a BB user for many years. Currently a Z10 user just out of contract with Bell Mobility. I am looking to get a new phone and have been intrigued with the Passport. I am also looking at a iphone 6 and the PRIV. However, I prefer the O/S 10.3.XXX over both Android and I O/S. I have an iPhone 4 and an iPad.
    The big thing for me that keeps me looking at BB is the hub and the integration it provides.

My concern is that the O/S 10.3.XXX and the hardware support will evaporate. Can someone boil it down to 5 advantages that the BB Passport has and why I should stick with BB and not become an i O/S convert.
    If u use ur phone only for call, email, bbm and text messages u can get a passport, its really great for those function..
    5 Advantages BlackBerry Passport has :
    1. Physical keyboard
    2. Battery life
    3. Great screen
    4. Unique design
    5. Hub

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 08:43 PM
    I have the at&t passport currently but want a SE is it worth the switch?

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 11:54 AM
    Se is a computer. Any email can go on this. Installing email process has changed. Most have left pop and gone to imap so procedure is diff. Get a grip. Se is all you need

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    Friend I've been in the engineering world designing these kinds of embedded systems and am aware of IMAP and all the modern stuff, though I probably sound like an old curmudgeon lol.

The Passport is an awesome mobile computer - exactly what I wanted, unmolested by Google & Pals. It's my choice if I want to pollute my Passport with GCrap, and that's how freedom should be...

At this point I have Cobalt's solution going well, a functioning Uber platform (less the map, but who cares), and K9 mail giving me hub notifications.

While the native mail tool is still unable to get my SMTP outgoing server set up on the standard ports for my work email, K9 set it up first try and I've been up and running. I was able to get my personal email (from my own hosted web/mailserver) working with the native BB mail tool, but my work account (self-hosted at my workplace) is giving me trouble on the SMTP server setup... none of the standard ports work while the same thing works with K9 just fine. :-(
    07-20-16 02:04 AM
    I guess I can finally post here and say I'm the proud owner of a BlackBerry Passport SE! Thanks to the Amazon Prime Day deal, the SE model was finally priced at a point where I could justify the purchase.

I owned the OG Passport shortly after its release back in 2014. However, I accidentally fell in love with the Classic and just could not justify keeping both at the time.

It feels great to have another Passport again.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-16 07:20 AM
931 ... 35363738