@BlackZ10

THANK YOU!!! I just got my SE late Friday afternoon - fooled with it on WIFI, but had to wait till today to run into ATT and get sim from my Bold 9900 cut down to nano- I'm still learning my way around BB 10 - your replies here were very helpful. And I did look in settings but couldn't figure out where/how to specify 2g 3g settings, which makes sense, because I'm out in the rural hill country near the Blue Ridge Mountains and I know my 9900 worked hard and used battery. I'm not into apps, except for maybe an eReader app for books -- but the reviews are terrible! My Playbook has kobo, although a bunch of new books coming out are EPUB3 - not compatible to the PB kobo reader app... sigh

So, where do I find the option for 2g and 3g?

THANK YOU!!!!

RE the SE - WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!! worth every penny - got it unlocked and on sale from BlackberryUS - BNIB and sweet!
    Sorry for quoting everything

Try FBReader from BlackBerry World. That's what I used on my Android phones and it's what I use now on my Passport. I'm very satisfied with it and it has a night mode for when you want to stay up at night reading and not go blind because of the brightness )))

There's also Kobo but some people reported it as not working. I haven't tried it so I can't confirm nor deny. If you want more options, I'm sure you can find some ebook readers on the Amazon App Store
    04-21-16 02:51 AM
    I got my silver edition today, and unfortunately it has screen lift issue
    If I return this to shop.BlackBerry, will they charge me for delivery fee to return? Has anybody experienced return with them?

Posted from BlackBerry Passport!!
    04-21-16 03:32 PM
    I got my silver edition today, and unfortunately it has screen lift issue
    If I return this to shop.BlackBerry, will they charge me for delivery fee to return? Has anybody experienced return with them?

Sorry to hear that and you should not have to pay a delivery fee. Contact shop.blackberry and they will issue a digital return shipping label for you to print from your computer.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-16 04:20 PM
    Yes, I did that and they have raised ticket, They confirmed I don't need to bear the delivery cost

04-21-16 06:28 PM
    Just got the Passport SE 2 days ago and I must say that its a great device! Apart from the low vibration intensity(any way to fix this?) compared to other BB10 devices, I couldn't have asked for anything better.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    Notna Nosyel likes this.
    05-11-16 11:10 PM
    Congrats! It truly is an amazing device. Check your notifications as my vibration mode works fine. Try on setting where you have volume at max see if that affects.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 04:33 AM
    I have had my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition for a couple weeks now and have found the battery to be quite the disappointment...has anyone else experienced this? When I check my device monitor, the display and system are using the most battery so it's not some runaway app using it all. But I'm not on it that much at all to justify that much of a battery drain, especially given the outstanding rep this phone has for battery life...

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 06:13 AM
    Is the silver edition worth the added price over the original passport? Thinking of getting it for the wife to replace her Z10

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 06:50 AM
    I have had my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition for a couple weeks now and have found the battery to be quite the disappointment...has anyone else experienced this? When I check my device monitor, the display and system are using the most battery so it's not some runaway app using it all. But I'm not on it that much at all to justify that much of a battery drain, especially given the outstanding rep this phone has for battery life...

Posted via CB10
    Getting avg 30 plus hours on mine! Works so great. Check your app permissions and make sure none working in background. Also check email sync intervals.

Posted via Passport SE Maximus Productivity
    05-17-16 08:10 AM
    Is the silver edition worth the added price over the original passport? Thinking of getting it for the wife to replace her Z10

Posted via CB10
    I would go SE for various reasons : better keyboard, overall more metal, they say could have better camera lens and truly incredible sound.

Posted via Passport SE Maximus Productivity
    05-17-16 08:12 AM
    I love my SE. Living out in rural foothills near mountains with lots of trees and 5 miles from nearest ATT tower does impact on the battery but the PP functions so brilliantly that I'm not going to complain about 30 some hours of juice!!!

The Sprint tower is 1/4 mile away which is why I got the iPhone when I moved her. Simple smart phone but the worst call quality on earth! I always wanted a BlackBerry and after one saved me in Kenya to meet a deadline, I bought unlocked 9900 thinking it would would struggle with weak signal... OMG great calls - and that was it - bought SE in spring sale and love love love this phone.

It's the American Pharoah of digital devices and not for everyone. I'm still learning to ride this workhorse and it's taking over from the iPh of course for interviews etc etc. Best audio quality - even on little signal - fast browser - love the PKB although it's different from the 9900.
    I don't get all the whiners but that human nature...
    Hi Ho Silver!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    bbafdad likes this.
    05-17-16 08:38 AM
    Hi all...

Been a BB user for many years. Currently a Z10 user just out of contract with Bell Mobility. I am looking to get a new phone and have been intrigued with the Passport. I am also looking at a iphone 6 and the PRIV. However, I prefer the O/S 10.3.XXX over both Android and I O/S. I have an iPhone 4 and an iPad.
    The big thing for me that keeps me looking at BB is the hub and the integration it provides.

My concern is that the O/S 10.3.XXX and the hardware support will evaporate. Can someone boil it down to 5 advantages that the BB Passport has and why I should stick with BB and not become an i O/S convert.
    05-17-16 06:49 PM
    adding myself to this list. I updated to latest OS. Loaded a droid app and deleted it but the amazon app store still saw it as installed. I went to 2813.

I do plan to use it without any droid apps at all loaded for awhile. It is very nice, and the Keyboard I think I might like better than att keyboard. I hope so because no wireless charging is a major loss. I do like the cradles though in the past so I know I will survive. I have a ten dollar all clear hard case from Imak Case. SE looks awesome in the case.
    05-17-16 07:06 PM
    Posted via CB10
    There is an app monitor to look at what its doing. even a tracker to record and send info to BB. Since its brand new they will hold your hand for 30 days. Give them a call.

Several PP owners say that battery life is way better on version 2813. 2813 is also the best OS if you want to run alot of droid apps right now.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...608.1463519789
    05-17-16 07:08 PM
    I have these last three days been a BB Passport SE edition user. I came from an HTC One 8. BBP does everything I hoped for. So far I am not disadvantaged by the change. The screen size is the big bonus I wanted. All in all a well made item that flows to the touch. Just a note on the app switches I made. 1. Evernote instead of Keep 2. For Google instead of Google, 3. Evolution instead of Chrome. That was about it. I found jwlibrary on Amazon apps and its almost running 100%. Very pleased to have returned to BB. Satisfied.
    bbafdad likes this.
    05-18-16 04:17 AM
    Hi all...

Been a BB user for many years. Currently a Z10 user just out of contract with Bell Mobility. I am looking to get a new phone and have been intrigued with the Passport. I am also looking at a iphone 6 and the PRIV. However, I prefer the O/S 10.3.XXX over both Android and I O/S. I have an iPhone 4 and an iPad.
    The big thing for me that keeps me looking at BB is the hub and the integration it provides.

My concern is that the O/S 10.3.XXX and the hardware support will evaporate. Can someone boil it down to 5 advantages that the BB Passport has and why I should stick with BB and not become an i O/S convert.
    I was a long time BB user before I made the switch to Android and eventually iOS, and for a while the apps kept me happy, but I always, always made so many mistakes while typing, even with auto-correct, which seemed to make things worse sometimes. So I told my wife I wanted to get a BlackBerry once again so I can simply be productive, because as much as I enjoyed all the apps, I use a phone for calling, texting and email. So I got the Classic, and fell in love with BB all over again. I didn't miss the apps as much as I thought I would and I was thrilled to have the physical keyboard back. I then went and bought the Passport Silver Edition about a month ago and I can't believe how nice this device is!

Comparing it to Android/iOS...

1. The physical keyboard can increase your productivity exponentially and just encourage you to text and email from your device instead of wait for your PC or tablet to be near you. For me at least, the keyboard's advantages on a day-to-day basis outweigh the need for current apps.

2. The Hub is by far the best productivity tool I've ever used on any device. One swipe to the right and you're next to every message and notification that is important to you, and you control how it's used. So incredible. I sampled the Hub and the Physical Keyboard on the Priv and they just felt like a cheap knockoff from the original BB. Useful? Sure, but not as fluid or steady.

3. This is a kind of a weird advantage, but because my Passport doesn't have some of the current time-wasting apps, I waste less time on it. I have found myself spending more time with my kids and no worrying to check Facebook or play a useless game or browse YouTube. Sure, you can do some of those things on the Passport, but it's not as user friendly and it actually makes you think if you actually NEED to do it at the moment. Seems like a disadvantage to some, but it's actually helping me be less of a zombie.

4. The notification light that lets you know before picking it up, if you really need to see it. So, if mine is blinking white, I know it's from my wife and I should check it. If it's blinking green, I know it's not important and I can get to it later. Yes, you need an app for this to work, but BeBuzz is so handy and lets you again stay very productive.

5. I just don't feel like such a lemming chasing the newest, brightest, coolest phone out there. So you get the iPhone 6s, and then the iPhone 7 comes out and everyone's gotta have the 2 minute upgrades that it brings to the table. So the rat race to compete and have the best and most current device is always happening. With BlackBerry, you resolve yourself to having a device that works properly and does what you need it to do and you know they're not making anymore in the near future, so you settle in and are content with the uber-productive device you have. And as a bonus, you save money not buying apps you don't need AND your kids don't want to play with your device.

Hope this has helped to some degree. The Passport is brilliant and I am not looking to the left or the right.
    Last edited by ratfinkstooley; 05-18-16 at 02:02 PM.
    05-18-16 01:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think it's definitely worth it !

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 01:55 PM
    I have taken off the app "For Google". Every time I used it there was an email notification. Have changed to Google by selecting it from the drop down in Browser. Its up in the top right hand corner when you begin typing in the address bar. Stop after a couple of letters typed, go to the top right hand corner, tap the 'b' and select Google from the drop down menu to permanently associate it with the Browser.
    05-18-16 03:50 PM
    Bought mine a week ago as an upgrade to the Red Edition and I'm totally in love. Gave the red pp to my girlfriend to use. She says she wants an iPhone but I know she will see the lights after a few weeks.

Posted via CB10
    moosbb likes this.
    06-03-16 10:05 PM
    Can't imagine not having the passport SE!
    It's such a great phone and versatile device.
    And still learning something new every day.
    Hi Ho Silver!

Posted via CB10
    06-04-16 08:47 AM
    Any of you PSE owners use your SE for fitness and run tracking? I know there are good fitness Apps out there but does anyone actually take their PSE with them on runs?

Posted via CB10
    06-09-16 08:25 AM
    Official 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-bb-passport.jpg

My precious BlackBerry Passport SE..

Posted via CB10
    06-09-16 07:37 PM
    Managed to get a Passport SE from ebay and it arrived today! I must admit, I am loving it so far, although the keyboard seems a bit weird. I guess that's because I'm coming from a Classic so the whole swiping the keyboard takes a little getting used to.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 06:58 AM
    Managed to get a Passport SE from ebay and it arrived today! I must admit, I am loving it so far, although the keyboard seems a bit weird. I guess that's because I'm coming from a Classic so the whole swiping the keyboard takes a little getting used to.

Posted via CB10
    I came to the SE from the Classic as well. It took a while but now I'm as comfortable on the three row keyboard as I was on the usual BlackBerry ones.

Chris - Posted from my PP SE on CB10
    06-10-16 09:35 AM
    Just ordered an SE from shop BlackBerry. They are on sale again

Jaglenn's Passport
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    06-22-16 08:26 PM
931 ... 3435363738