Hello / Hola Ignacio ShopBlackBerry Spain was very quick. In 3 days had my Passport SE delivered to my hands! Great service Amazing device!

Posted via Passport SE Maximus Productivity
    Gracias!!! Me imagino que seas espa�ol, te escribo en espa�ol jejejej. Ma�ana lunes pedir� mi SE, espero que para el mi�rcoles la tenga en casa. Tengo un Passport negra pero estoy encaprichado con la Silver.

BlackBerry PassPort
    04-03-16 03:33 PM
    Ignacio si de Madrid! Enhorabuena te va a gustar mucho tu nuevo Passport SE!

For respect will place also in English

Yes Ignacio from Madrid! Congratulations you are really going to like your Passport SE!

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 04:50 PM
    Congrats.

Yes can uninstall Android perfectly. Make sure you install Runtime fix from BlackBerry World and after installing important you reset device immediately after done install.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 04:54 PM
    I was wondering if any of the current SE owners can comment on the random reboot issue that was being discussed on these forums when the device was brand new?

I am looking to purchase a new SE edition maybe in the summer but by then locally the used market might be in the $300 range here in Calgary, Alberta.

I prefer new and just wondering if the re-start issue was corrected with recent software updates and or newer production models.

Many thanks to those who can assist!

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 09:34 PM
    Ignacio si de Madrid! Enhorabuena te va a gustar mucho tu nuevo Passport SE!

For respect will place also in English

Yes Ignacio from Madrid! Congratulations you are really going to like your Passport SE!

Posted via CB10
    Ok!!! I english for all the people in this forum!!!! Sorry!!!

BlackBerry PassPort
    04-04-16 12:52 AM
    Guys, my baby has just arrived! (made the jump from the black PP to this sweety)
    Can't wait to unleash it haha
    Official 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-img_20160406_164738.jpg

Posted via my Q10, 10.2.3.2836
    Rallyfia likes this.
    04-06-16 09:50 AM
    Guys, my baby has just arrived! (made the jump from the black PP to this sweety)
    Can't wait to unleash it haha
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160406_164738.jpg 
Views:	984 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	396330

Posted via my Q10, 10.2.3.2836
    Awesome!

Posted with my beautiful Passport SE
    04-06-16 09:42 PM
    Now almost one week since I got my SE and I am starting to feel bad about it.

I have some problems that don't seem to be so seldom:

- device heats up a lot without me being able to reproduce or explain why
    - bluetooth has started to not connect to my car's bluetooth
    - battery drain due to input services (30-40%)

As a result I have to reboot regularly and that clearly is not how I want to use a blackberry.

Will security wipe do anything good to these issues? What is even the effect of a security wipe?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 04:42 AM
    Up until now I cant really make my mind, looking to jump from my Q10 to Passport, still cant decide between black OG or the silver one..

Silver passport is quite rare in Singapore, you need to order it from the Blackberry Expert Centre, and they will only proceed if it hit 5 orders, also they need to convert the warranty to local warranty, price tag: $998..

Looking to get the 2nd hand one for me.. is the keyboard really big difference between the OG and the silver?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 05:57 AM
    Up until now I cant really make my mind, looking to jump from my Q10 to Passport, still cant decide between black OG or the silver one..

Silver passport is quite rare in Singapore, you need to order it from the Blackberry Expert Centre, and they will only proceed if it hit 5 orders, also they need to convert the warranty to local warranty, price tag: $998..

Looking to get the 2nd hand one for me.. is the keyboard really big difference between the OG and the silver?

Posted via CB10
    I'm coming from an OG and am using a Q10 as my second device and I can tell you that the keyboard does make a difference. The keyboard on the PP SE is much smoother, it's just a better experience overall. I'd say if you don't have to pay like 300$ more, go for the SE.

Posted via CB10
    Rico4you likes this.
    04-07-16 07:25 AM
    I'm coming from an OG and am using a Q10 as my second device and I can tell you that the keyboard does make a difference. The keyboard on the PP SE is much smoother, it's just a better experience overall. I'd say if you don't have to pay like 300$ more, go for the SE.

Posted via CB10
    PP silver is new experiences to compare with OG due to its build and form factor. Go for SE, please

Posted by Passport Silver Editon
    04-07-16 07:50 AM
    Hello

First of all congrats and don't panic.

>do you have installed latest OS 10.3.2.2876

>did you download BlackBerry latest android runtime fix. After installing reset device immediately

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lysis-1058115/

>have you checked permissions on app settings Re no apps running in background. Also do you constantly open wifi, bluetooh, location?

>have adjusted screen brightness?

>have you selected 3g and 2g setting as 4g consumes quite a bit.

>do you use wifi as much as possible for data

Also can tell you during the 1st week the device has to settle and then starts working way better. I get an avg of 26 to 30 hours.

Good luck. Regards

PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    04-07-16 03:14 PM
    I hame mine since Novembre 2015. I was using a Q5 before that.I am happy with it. I get confused everytime I use another device. It's just don't feel right lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 03:36 PM
    Two weeks with the passport, I really surprised with the phone, I have the WiFi issue when I updated to 10.3.2.2836 the WiFi doesn't stable conects well but after two or three minutes the connection lost, I read about this, but it's not a heavy problem for me, my data plan is quite for me and the speed LTE network is awesome I hope in the next update fix this problem.
    Attachment 396070

Posted via CB10
    The WiFi issue was solved, I remembered in my storage room I have another router and I try to replace my tp link for a linksys and now the blackberry works fine, only I switch the router and voila that's fine, I hope that if happens to someone something like that switch the router, the router that gave me trouble was a tp link model TL-WR740N.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 03:01 PM
    The WiFi issue was solved, I remembered in my storage room I have another router and I try to replace my tp link for a linksys and now the blackberry works fine, only I switch the router and voila that's fine, I hope that if happens to someone something like that switch the router, the router that gave me trouble was a tp link model TL-WR740N.

Posted via CB10
    Your device wasn't faulty then. Good to know although a lemon is always a possibility. Bon voyage with your Passport!

Sent from the pure awesomeness of my  Passport SE
    04-08-16 03:06 PM
    Got mine a few months ago and like it a lot! Very good phone and wish there were more like it.
    04-10-16 12:31 AM
    Hello

First of all congrats and don't panic.

>do you have installed latest OS 10.3.2.2876

>did you download BlackBerry latest android runtime fix. After installing reset device immediately

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lysis-1058115/

>have you checked permissions on app settings Re no apps running in background. Also do you constantly open wifi, bluetooh, location?

>have adjusted screen brightness?

>have you selected 3g and 2g setting as 4g consumes quite a bit.

>do you use wifi as much as possible for data

Also can tell you during the 1st week the device has to settle and then starts working way better. I get an avg of 26 to 30 hours.

Good luck. Regards

@BlackZ10

THANK YOU!!! I just got my SE late Friday afternoon - fooled with it on WIFI, but had to wait till today to run into ATT and get sim from my Bold 9900 cut down to nano- I'm still learning my way around BB 10 - your replies here were very helpful. And I did look in settings but couldn't figure out where/how to specify 2g 3g settings, which makes sense, because I'm out in the rural hill country near the Blue Ridge Mountains and I know my 9900 worked hard and used battery. I'm not into apps, except for maybe an eReader app for books -- but the reviews are terrible! My Playbook has kobo, although a bunch of new books coming out are EPUB3 - not compatible to the PB kobo reader app... sigh

So, where do I find the option for 2g and 3g?

THANK YOU!!!!

RE the SE - WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!! worth every penny - got it unlocked and on sale from BlackberryUS - BNIB and sweet!
    Last edited by PonyCrazyKid; 04-10-16 at 08:23 PM.
    Rico4you likes this.
    04-10-16 08:01 PM
    Hello @PonyCrazyKid

To find 3g2g setting do the following:

1: select settings by sliding from the TOP
    2: select Networks and Connections
    3:select Mobile network
    4: you will network mode. When on 4g the phone is working way more hence more battery searching for to offer when avail 4g service. You click on drop down menu and select 3g and 2g

Glad can help. Enjoy your amazing new device

PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    04-10-16 08:23 PM
    Hi @BlackZ10
    Thank you!
    okay, I'm in mobile network and I have the slider on blue for Mobile Network and Data Services.
    The next heading on that screen is: Data Services (info re roaming)
    That slider is gray (off, disabled).
    Below that - in smaller bold letters:
    Available Networks
    AT&T
    LTE
    It isn't giving me an option anywhere on that screen for 2g or 3g or even 4g...

I haven't updated the OS yet - it's at 10.3.2.2474 - I'm on deadline, stressed because all I want to do is get to now this lovely SE...
    Thank you for your help - and if I bug you too much, tell me to buzz off. : )
    cheers!
    Rico4you likes this.
    04-10-16 08:54 PM
    Hello @PonyCrazyKid

No bother 'cause that's what the forum is about..to help out each other.

>yes definitely suggest you update OS to latest which is 10.3.2.2876
    >on your update it will tell you what OS Is available and if you have weak signal where you are at CAREFUL doing it over the air (ota). Best bet would be plug in to BlackBerry link with PC and update there.

With regards to Networks and Connections after selecting Networks here is a screenshot.

Let's see if this way you can compare. Where do you see on my screenshot Network mode that opens to offer what is on the second screenshot.

Good luck

Official 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-img_20160411_081148.png
    Official 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-img_20160411_082248.png

04-11-16 12:23 AM
    @BlackZ10

Sorry - offers ATT LTE only on the screen - just went back and forth checking your post's screenshots.

Too tired tonight to fiddle with this - deadlines and way behind

Could just be that's all the network available here in the boonies. I have errands to run tomorrow - still rural but I will check the networks wherever I get a signal.
    Still love my SE!!!!
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    04-15-16 09:03 PM
    Ok. You can also check with AT&T and see what they tell you. Using wifi and turning off data in weak signal areas saves lots of battery.
    Glad you are enjoying your SE it truly is amazing powerful device!

04-17-16 06:41 AM
    My SE arrived yesterday and it is by far the best device Blackberry has ever made. I was skeptical about this device in the beginning because of its design, color and being slightly taller than the original passport. Let me tell you that the pictures of this device do not do it justice. It is a beautiful device in person and built well. It feels great in the hand. The keyboard is better than the original passport. I know better now and I'm glad to have the SE!

Posted via CB10
    04-17-16 07:51 AM
    Where is the deal
    Can you pls send me the link?

Posted from BlackBerry Passport!!
    04-17-16 08:00 AM
    Got it! Couldn't get Google maps to work but Canos EOS does... C'est la vie!

Official 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-dc729a03-fb7c-4c80-a38b-1516258939a2.jpeg
    04-19-16 06:45 PM
931 ... 3334353637 ...