got mine 4 days ago!!
    Attachment 368576

Posted via CB10
    SUSHI
    08-28-15 10:16 AM
    Finally got mine today! Can't really use it though, don't have a nano sim yet And I didn't get the screenprotector with the flex shell case

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 10:28 AM
    Cut your old Sim card lol thats how I'm using on my passport.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 02:15 PM
    I know eh! BTW it's bluefin belly sushi.. it melts!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 02:16 PM
    Does the keyboard have back light? Someone told me that that's the only draw back? I just ordered mine today was just curious?

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 03:39 PM
    Does the keyboard have back light? Someone told me that that's the only draw back? I just ordered mine today was just curious?

Posted via CB10
    Yes

Poorly written on my SE Passport. PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    08-28-15 04:03 PM
    Switched to Cricket today. LTE is working perfectly on Classic and PP SE. Full Bars (5) and LTE with Cricket while I only have 2 bars with Sprint and no LTE showing.
    Official 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-img_20150828_180901.png
    Official 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-img_20150828_192501.jpg

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    08-28-15 07:35 PM
    All this talk of you guys switching from AT&T to Cricket or skipping AT&T and going right to Cricket has me thinking of checking them out. I do receive +20% employee discount from AT&T so not sure if the savings would really be much in my case, but will take a look at them.

I've seen multiple commercials for MetroPCS (I think). I'm going to assume they are GSM and their plans seem tempting. Think the last one was unlimited everything for $50 with no tax or fees. I like that approach and wish the major carriers were more up front with what your actual bill ends up being with all the nonsense fees and taxes added.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 09:01 PM
    All this talk of you guys switching from AT&T to Cricket or skipping AT&T and going right to Cricket has me thinking of checking them out. I do receive +20% employee discount from AT&T so not sure if the savings would really be much in my case, but will take a look at them.

I've seen multiple commercials for MetroPCS (I think). I'm going to assume they are GSM and their plans seem tempting. Think the last one was unlimited everything for $50 with no tax or fees. I like that approach and wish the major carriers were more up front with what your actual bill ends up being with all the nonsense fees and taxes added.

Posted via CB10
    I was initially going to do ATT, as my job offers 25% off, but with the Mobile Share Value Plan for the minimum 2gigs was $55 before the discount + taxes/fees. With Cricket (same network as ATT) the minimum is 2.5gigs for $35, which includes taxes and fees. With ATT the bill would have likely been around $50 still once all was said and done including the discount. I rarely go over more than one gig a month when I had Sprint so 2.5 should suit my needs. The only differences between the two that I've been able to research is that w/ Cricket u don't get to use the mobile Hotspot feature (which I don't use anyway) and u also get your data speeds capped at 8mbs, which in practice, doesn't seem noticeable to most from what I've read. Lastly, if you exceed the. Cricket high speed data allowance, they throttle your speed to 128kbs or something similar I believe, but there are no overages for data usage. Best decision I've made in while! Call quality seems superior to Sprint and u can tell from the pics I have a much greater signal. I have no reservations about the switch so far!

RLTurn77 likes this.
    08-28-15 09:19 PM
    It's here early and I have the whole weekend to play.
    Official 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-img_20150828_164619.jpg
    Official 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-img_20150828_164647.jpg. Awesome!

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 09:39 PM
    I was initially going to do ATT, as my job offers 25% off, but with the Mobile Share Value Plan for the minimum 2gigs was $55 before the discount + taxes/fees. With Cricket (same network as ATT) the minimum is 2.5gigs for $35, which includes taxes and fees. With ATT the bill would have likely been around $50 still once all was said and done including the discount. I rarely go over more than one gig a month when I had Sprint so 2.5 should suit my needs. The only differences between the two that I've been able to research is that w/ Cricket u don't get to use the mobile Hotspot feature (which I don't use anyway) and u also get your data speeds capped at 8mbs, which in practice, doesn't seem noticeable to most from what I've read. Lastly, if you exceed the. Cricket high speed data allowance, they throttle your speed to 128kbs or something similar I believe, but there are no overages for data usage. Best decision I've made in while! Call quality seems superior to Sprint and u can tell from the pics I have a much greater signal. I have no reservations about the switch so far!

Thanks for the detailed info! I'm basically where you are. My bill for AT&T is about $60 with $15/month off for bringing my own device as well as a 24% discount. This is with the Mobile Share 3GB with rollover monthly. Mobile Hotspot is of no use to me, but after 8MB your data is slowed? That's not much... is it still LTE? The price is nice and I actually like that they just slow you down if you go over rather than charging a penalty of some sort.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 09:47 PM
    You're welcome! To clarify, With Cricket, the entire 2.5 gigs is high speed but, the data speeds are capped at 8 megabytes per second (mbs). , but with ATT I believe they advertise download speeds up to 24mbs or something similar. With Cricket this speed is limited to 8mbs. I think it's nice to have a true flat-rate bill instead of these extra taxes and fees tacked on (yes, I'm sure they are still being paid, but it's a more direct, upfront billing expectation this way)...and I cut my Sprint bill in half from 70 to 35. Had a corporate discount w/ sprint too, but the 4g service is so crappy in San Antonio

EDIT: plus sprint is CDMA and I couldn't get the latest BlackBerry offerings! Lol...and now I can get OS updates w/o using Sachesi! (Sachesi is great tho)

RLTurn77 likes this.
    08-28-15 10:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Backlight is beautiful in dark.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 10:59 PM
    Wow!! The extra chin is a major improvement over the original!

Silver Edition is tops!

Posted via CB10
    Is the extra chin makes the typing experience day and night? Because on my old passport it used to be a sore typing long words.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 10:19 AM
    Is the extra chin makes the typing experience day and night? Because on my old passport it used to be a sore typing long words.

Posted via CB10
    its a lot more comfortable to type on the se , the extra chin space makes it pretty nice.
    08-29-15 10:21 AM
    in my experience, more than the extra chin, the difference is the softer keys... that helps on your question regarding the sore thumbs... the phone is more balanced and that makes the typing experience better (with the extra chin playing its role there as well)
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    08-29-15 11:06 AM
    It has Android OS or BB10...?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 11:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    Windows Phone 10!

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    08-29-15 11:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    BB10

Poorly written on my SE Passport. PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    08-29-15 11:21 AM
    Stakie, BlackBerry does not advertise this more because as part of their turnaround they feel they need to hit rock bottom and sell nearly no devices.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 12:22 PM
    What's everyone doing with their original Passports?

Jaglenn's Passport
    When I bought my original Passport I was concerned it might be my last, only because the future of BlackBerry is uncertain. May just put it in a drawer. I've never had problems. These are excellent phones. It wouldn't surprise me if we soon get an android option.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 03:49 PM
    Yup, it's here. I can tell I'm going to love it, but it definitely will take some getting used to... the one-hand typing is a bit of a problem. So far, the only thing I'd change is to swap the camera and phone icons ...I can't reach the phone icon with my right thumb!
    I went to the AT&T store to get the nano-sim, and the sales guys acted so cool and aloof...it looked like they wanted to look interested but were too cool to ask about it. I'm pretty sure they had no idea what it is. I asked if they'd seen any Blackberry phones, and the one guy said, "Not in a really long time." I'm in Central California.

I guess I'll need to change my signature!
    08-29-15 09:35 PM
    ShopbB seems to be better. Returned one of my se and received my refund in 3 days. I've never had a problem with DR but many have.
    08-30-15 12:55 AM
    Bought through clove.co.uk and had it a few days. I'm pondering whether to keep it though.

It is indeed excellent in terms of display, keyboard, responsiveness and build.

However I feel a bit like the moment I upgraded from an original Nexus 7 to an original Nexus 10; the original 7 was spectacularly good compared to the rest of the Android tablet market at the time, and felt like it. The 10 when it came was a disappointment in terms of battery life, feel etc.

In the same way the Q10 hits a sweet spot for me - near perfect for my use - that the Passport just falls short on. This is nothing that the specs can tell you, it's something you'll know - or disagree with - when using it.
    08-30-15 03:52 AM
    Bought through clove.co.uk and had it a few days. I'm pondering whether to keep it though.

It is indeed excellent in terms of display, keyboard, responsiveness and build.

However I feel a bit like the moment I upgraded from an original Nexus 7 to an original Nexus 10; the original 7 was spectacularly good compared to the rest of the Android tablet market at the time, and felt like it. The 10 when it came was a disappointment in terms of battery life, feel etc.

In the same way the Q10 hits a sweet spot for me - near perfect for my use - that the Passport just falls short on. This is nothing that the specs can tell you, it's something you'll know - or disagree with - when using it.
    You need BlackBerry Classic

Posted via BlackBerry Passport SE
    08-30-15 05:44 AM
931 ... 2223242526 ...