Got it today! Loving it so far, love the build quality.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 05:38 PM
    I pre-ordered the BlackBerry Passport SE from CrackBerry Canada with bundle. Still awaiting notification of delivery.....

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    08-25-15 05:41 PM
    Got mine today and it's just heavenly.

Feels slimmer and lighter, but clearly is neither. But just looks sharp.

Best improvement is the keyboard though. So light to the touch and efficient. NO COMPLAINTS!

Posted via CB10
    Racing24 and LyoobaBerry like this.
    08-25-15 06:10 PM
    I agree which is why I wrote to use the Classic's IMEI number as the OP will be switching between both. Some have had no issues with using the Silver Edition Passport's IMEI number from what has been posted while others have.

Sucks that you and the general public as well have to deal with incompetent AT&T reps. In reality, a general customer that purchased this device and was then told it's not LTE capable would likely return it. At least we are more informed here.

The Silver Edition just came out of nowhere on August 4th so whatever BlackBerry is using for the IMEI on the Silver Edition is likely just not in AT&T's database. The same was the case with the original Passport on launch. It just took them some time to get the device in their database. Now I don't think anyone is having any issues getting LTE with the original Passport's IMEI number being used.

AT&T is pretty good with using devices that they don't sell. I'm getting $15/month discount for bringing my own device since they don't sell it and no problems with LTE. If I had a higher data plan I'd get $25/month discount. This actually encourages me to buy whatever I want outright and just use their network.

Personally, I'd probably try the SE if I had it for the hell of it and if that didn't work I'd then go to the Classic. Either way, with the Classic on hand, the OP shouldn't have any issues just a matter of whether or not to take a chance with the SE or just use the Classic's IMEI number.

In this case, with switching between these two devices, I guess the easiest thing to do is just use the Classic to activate and enjoy both devices. Would love to have a nice Blue Classic and a Silver Edition Passport! That would be awesome :-)

Posted via CB10
    My ATT Sim works with both ATT Passport and the SE I have...LTE on both. I purchased Cricket Sim because I will be leaving ATT soon. Even though Cricket is owned by ATT now they offer me more data for less money. I used the Cricket Sim in both devices and I also get LTE with Cricket. The nano Sims are "smart" now, so I did not have to mess with APN settings.

Flying Spaghetti Monster. SQW-100-4. 10.3.2.2339
    ZayDub likes this.
    08-25-15 06:20 PM
    How do you get the discount with at&t. Is it automatic?
    08-25-15 10:28 PM
    @RLTurn77 did your bill automatically adjust or you called AT&T?

Posted via CB10
    Just saw your post... meant to get back to you the other day. You are off-contract correct? Are you on one of the Mobile Share plans? That's what you should be on if you purchased outright. That's their plans where you are off-contract with phone paid and can switch around to whatever plan you want every month (not that you would, but you're not stuck).

Are you new to AT&T? If you are off-contract and you brought your own device you should see -15 from the line discount I believe. I can check my bill if needed. The discount is $15/month for the lower GB plans and 25 for the 10GB or higher plans. It automatically adjusted for me, but I did call and asked about it and I was told I could get the higher discount if I increased my data.

Edit: Not sure who your employer is, but you may be able to get another discount there as well. I get 24%. Needless to say I saved a ton and have no regrets leaving my unlimited data plan on Verizon back in September/October and have been thoroughly enjoying the Passport since. Just a matter of toggling on WiFi.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 11:19 PM
    I would love to see what DrewAwilson put to win the SE contest
    08-26-15 12:13 AM
    I would love to see what DrewAwilson put to win the SE contest
    Honestly I think it's just random. With that said, I entered daily and this was like the ultimate contest for me so wrote a lot about the Silver Edition every day and why I want it over any other device on the market.

For all I know this could be the last official BB10/BB10 only device. Who knows. Either way, thought I had good odds. Would have loved that bundle! Hopefully he'll truly enjoy the device to its fullest!

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 12:21 AM
    Svaka čast!
    08-26-15 03:49 AM
    At LyoobaBerry

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    08-26-15 03:51 AM
    I finally got round to opening mine and all i can say is wow what a big difference from the normal passport well worth the upgrade pure quality materials used.
    08-26-15 04:37 AM
    Thanks I will call them today and find out about the discount. I do have the mobile share for $30 and I also get the employee discount.
    08-26-15 05:11 AM
    My ATT Sim works with both ATT Passport and the SE I have...LTE on both. I purchased Cricket Sim because I will be leaving ATT soon. Even though Cricket is owned by ATT now they offer me more data for less money. I used the Cricket Sim in both devices and I also get LTE with Cricket. The nano Sims are "smart" now, so I did not have to mess with APN settings.

I was thinking the exact same. Initially I planned on going with ATT (from Sprint) but after doing more research, it appears that Cricket is a better option/value, and they are using the ATT network so service shouldn't be any different. I'm off work tomorrow and I plan on going to the Cricket store to see my options.

On another note, when I try to check the Classic and Passport SE compatibility on the Cricket website, the IMEI # shows that both phones are not compatible...? I'm not sure if their website isn't updated (I understand the SE may not show up, but why not the Classic?) or what since these phones obviously will work with ATT and it's the same network....any ideas? (hence the reason for my store visit instead of doing it all online)

Thanks

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    08-26-15 08:24 AM
    I was thinking the exact same. Initially I planned on going with ATT (from Sprint) but after doing more research, it appears that Cricket is a better option/value, and they are using the ATT network so service shouldn't be any different. I'm off work tomorrow and I plan on going to the Cricket store to see my options.

On another note, when I try to check the Classic and Passport SE compatibility on the Cricket website, the IMEI # shows that both phones are not compatible...? I'm not sure if their website isn't updated (I understand the SE may not show up, but why not the Classic?) or what since these phones obviously will work with ATT and it's the same network....any ideas? (hence the reason for my store visit instead of doing it all online)

Thanks

The web did the same thing with both of mine, but I suspected they would work on it anyway (GSM, Bands etc...) and it worked out for me. A lot of the store owners will pop in a Sim to test it before you buy so no harm no foul. On my z10, when I used it....GoPhone and H2o said it might not work....but my Z10 worked fine on both. If I am not mistaken, ATT is the only GSM game in town...well, besides T-Mo. So they support many of the other prepaids (cricket, h2o,gophone etc..)

ZayDub likes this.
    08-26-15 02:32 PM
    Got mine this morning!!! To say this thing feels better and even more premium than the red PP is an understatement.

Passport SE SQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    08-26-15 06:11 PM
    Mine is on its way!

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    08-27-15 11:23 AM
    Mines working great and a new leak out today.

On its a good day.

Poorly written on my SE Passport. PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    08-27-15 01:15 PM
    got mine 4 days ago!!
    Official 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-img_20150827_225316.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 01:41 PM
    I have been mulling this purchase over for days, got as far as entering visa number in before I noticed that Crackberry has a not return policy on smartphones... Ordering from ShopBlackBerry makes me pay an extra tax, has slower shipping, and doesn't have accessory bundle. Guess I am back on the fence.
    08-27-15 02:09 PM
    got mine 4 days ago!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150827_225316.jpg 
Views:	2471 
Size:	107.5 KB 
ID:	368576

Posted via CB10
    I like your screen saver! Can you post the pic here so I can save it LOL? Thanks

08-27-15 02:09 PM
    I have been mulling this purchase over for days, got as far as entering visa number in before I noticed that Crackberry has a not return policy on smartphones... Ordering from ShopBlackBerry makes me pay an extra tax, has slower shipping, and doesn't have accessory bundle. Guess I am back on the fence.
    Where do you see that Shop CrackBerry does not have returns? It says right on the product page itself that they have 30 day returns on the Passport SE if returned as new, or 20% restocking fee otherwise.
    08-27-15 03:12 PM
    Sorry I mispoke. No customer satisfaction guarantee. You can only get 100% refund if your device is defective. If you return for opened for any other reason, it is 20% (or $130 CAD) restocking fee. I confirmed with them on phone. So as someone who has only held a passport for a few minutes, it is a little risky. ShopBlackBerry has a 30 day satisfaction guarantee which is what I will likely do.
    08-27-15 03:19 PM
    Sorry I mispoke. No customer satisfaction guarantee. You can only get 100% refund if your device is defective. If you return for opened for any other reason, it is 20% (or $130 CAD) restocking fee. I confirmed with them on phone. So as someone who has only held a passport for a few minutes, it is a little risky. ShopBlackBerry has a 30 day satisfaction guarantee which is what I will likely do.
    Ah, understood. The carriers in my area carry the OG Passport so I usually just go to the store to try them out. But even then they are tethered via a security device so it's hard to really hold it properly, so I get what you're saying.
    08-27-15 10:12 PM
    I like your screen saver! Can you post the pic here so I can save it LOL? Thanks

http://i.imgur.com/0dAonnG.jpg

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    DudeManBud Man, ZayDub and sesp9 like this.
    08-28-15 12:52 AM
    It has arrived!....Official 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-c3tfyaoqc6ggiqcau0d3rijrnh63mifbctlbpivvpxy.jpg
    Racing24, cbosdell and m3mb3rsh1p like this.
    08-28-15 10:01 AM
931 ... 2122232425 ...