Hey everyone! Hope you all are enjoying your PP SEs! I just purchased an unlocked PP SE and a Classic that arrived last thursday. I plan on using both phones interchangeably, but I wanted to make sure I understand the scenario correctly -- if I get an LTE enabled sim and the IMEI # of an ATT Classic or PP I should be able to swap the sim b/w both of my unlocked devices and get LTE on both, correct?

Thanks for your insights!

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook>Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    08-23-15 09:10 AM
    Hey everyone! Hope you all are enjoying your PP SEs! I just purchased an unlocked PP SE and a Classic that arrived last thursday. I plan on using both phones interchangeably, but I wanted to make sure I understand the scenario correctly -- if I get an LTE enabled sim and the IMEI # of an ATT Classic or PP I should be able to swap the sim b/w both of my unlocked devices and get LTE on both, correct?

Yes.

Poorly written on my SE Passport. PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    ZayDub likes this.
    08-23-15 09:14 AM

You really should be able to use the Silver Edition Passport's IMEI number with a LTE enabled SIM card. Some people were having issues with the SE getting LTE, but wouldn't say that's the norm.

When I switched to AT&T with the Original Passport, I made sure they used that IMEI number (from shopblackberry) and received LTE no problem.

You could just have them give you a LTE enabled SIM card with the Classic's IMEI number and move between the two using that. For some reason the IMEI numbers on the SE Passport aren't all registering as LTE enabled with AT&T.

Don't believe the Classic has this problem and the Original Passport now works fine using the IMEI number from the device. There were some issues with the original Passports on launch and this workaround was needed, but not anymore.

I'd just use the Classic's IMEI with the LTE SIM card and you should be good to go. Maybe I'm OCD, but I made sure they used my Passport's IMEI number since that is the device I'm using.

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub likes this.
    08-23-15 11:50 AM
    Is there a chance that the mindless reps at the att store are simply being prompted by the computer to supply a non lte sim?

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 11:53 AM
    I simply inserted my existing SIM into my new SE and I had LTE. No issues, no problems. Love the SE

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 11:59 AM
    You really should be able to use the Silver Edition Passport's IMEI number with a LTE enabled SIM card. Some people were having issues with the SE getting LTE, but wouldn't say that's the norm.

When I switched to AT&T with the Original Passport, I made sure they used that IMEI number (from shopblackberry) and received LTE no problem.

You could just have them give you a LTE enabled SIM card with the Classic's IMEI number and move between the two using that. For some reason the IMEI numbers on the SE Passport aren't all registering as LTE enabled with AT&T.

Don't believe the Classic has this problem and the Original Passport now works fine using the IMEI number from the device. There were some issues with the original Passports on launch and this workaround was needed, but not anymore.

I'd just use the Classic's IMEI with the LTE SIM card and you should be good to go. Maybe I'm OCD, but I made sure they used my Passport's IMEI number since that is the device I'm using.

Posted via CB10
    There's another thread about the AT&T LTE issues with the SE Passport. They are real, and have to do with the IMEI numbers on the SE not being set to LTE. I had that problem, watched an AT&T sales person in one of their corporate stores to change the IMEI number associated with my SIM card(no change in SIM card) to that of my old AT&T Z10, and voila, I had, and still have, LTE.

My earlier experience with an AT&T phone rep was not so favorable--she was downright hostile, saying that the SE Passport "didn't have LTE capability" and "AT&T doesn't use fake IMEI numbers." Of course, she didn't know what she was talking about, bu what else is new?

Whatever the suspect motives of AT&T of not permitting LTE with IMEI phones of non-AT&T origin, and I doubt that it was anything other than sloppiness on their part, the word is that they are reprogramming their computers, and that as of September 5th the SE IMEI numbers will be associated with LTE. Meanwhile, for two weeks, get AT&T to "fake" an IMEI number from one of their Passports, a Z10, or a Classic, or maybe even an OG Passport. If you have one of those numbers, and tell AT&T that it's from your phone, they don't know the difference, or even care.
    ZayDub likes this.
    08-23-15 12:12 PM
    There's another thread about the AT&T LTE issues with the SE Passport. They are real, and have to do with the IMEI numbers on the SE not being set to LTE. I had that problem, watched an AT&T sales person in one of their corporate stores to change the IMEI number associated with my SIM card(no change in SIM card) to that of my old AT&T Z10, and voila, I had, and still have, LTE.

My earlier experience with an AT&T phone rep was not so favorable--she was downright hostile, saying that the SE Passport "didn't have LTE capability" and "AT&T doesn't use fake IMEI numbers." Of course, she didn't know what she was talking about, bu what else is new?

Whatever the suspect motives of AT&T of not permitting LTE with IMEI phones of non-AT&T origin, and I doubt that it was anything other than sloppiness on their part, the word is that they are reprogramming their computers, and that as of September 5th the SE IMEI numbers will be associated with LTE. Meanwhile, for two weeks, get AT&T to "fake" an IMEI number from one of their Passports, a Z10, or a Classic, or maybe even an OG Passport. If you have one of those numbers, and tell AT&T that it's from your phone, they don't know the difference, or even care.
    I read this on another thread earlier today too. Sep 5 should be a good day. I don't have service on my new devices yet, since I'm going to be porting my number from Sprint by next wknd, although my contract isn't up for another 2mos. Just wanted to get my ducks in a row lol.

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    08-23-15 02:38 PM

I agree which is why I wrote to use the Classic's IMEI number as the OP will be switching between both. Some have had no issues with using the Silver Edition Passport's IMEI number from what has been posted while others have.

Sucks that you and the general public as well have to deal with incompetent AT&T reps. In reality, a general customer that purchased this device and was then told it's not LTE capable would likely return it. At least we are more informed here.

The Silver Edition just came out of nowhere on August 4th so whatever BlackBerry is using for the IMEI on the Silver Edition is likely just not in AT&T's database. The same was the case with the original Passport on launch. It just took them some time to get the device in their database. Now I don't think anyone is having any issues getting LTE with the original Passport's IMEI number being used.

AT&T is pretty good with using devices that they don't sell. I'm getting $15/month discount for bringing my own device since they don't sell it and no problems with LTE. If I had a higher data plan I'd get $25/month discount. This actually encourages me to buy whatever I want outright and just use their network.

Personally, I'd probably try the SE if I had it for the hell of it and if that didn't work I'd then go to the Classic. Either way, with the Classic on hand, the OP shouldn't have any issues just a matter of whether or not to take a chance with the SE or just use the Classic's IMEI number.

In this case, with switching between these two devices, I guess the easiest thing to do is just use the Classic to activate and enjoy both devices. Would love to have a nice Blue Classic and a Silver Edition Passport! That would be awesome :-)

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub likes this.
    08-23-15 06:06 PM
    I've had the original black as well and the silver keyboard has improved significantly. I was a little hesitant of dumping my black passport, however now that I got to experience the silver edition I would not go back to the back version.

Posted via CB10
    Racing24 and DudeManBud Man like this.
    08-23-15 06:31 PM
    @RLTurn77 did your bill automatically adjust or you called AT&T?

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 07:06 AM
    Does anyone have/or is having an issue creating a mobile hotspot using the SE Passport on the ATT Network? I found this out the hard way this past weekend, and ATT is telling me that because this is not one of their devices, they can't do anything about it. After reading some of these posts, I'm beginning to think as well that ATT Tech support don't know what they're talking abut.......

And, no, I'm also not getting LTE. Never got it with my Z30 or now my SE Passport. It seems like that's a common issue. Need to do some further research.

I'm on ATT Network in Central New Jersey area.......
    08-24-15 08:11 AM
    I had that issue with my first Sim from at&t but went back and got a different Sim and it works fine. My Hotspot works too.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 08:26 AM
    They told me the same thing and I almost returned my SE PP until I called blackberry support and they told me to go back to the store and tell the rep to put a new Sim in and if I don't get LTE to call them and they will tell the rep what to do. Luckily, I did not have to do that because when he put that Sim card in I saw the LTE in the corner.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 08:38 AM
    I held out for a bit but then went ahead and ordered the Passport through ShopBlackBerry using the promotion code for the discount. I ordered it late Saturday night and received my order submission email, and then my order confirmation email shortly after which says I'll be told when my device is shipped, but nothing yet on Monday afternoon. Hopefully soon.
    08-24-15 12:20 PM
    How much it was after the discount?

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 01:01 PM
    How much it was after the discount?

Posted via CB10
    I believe that they're 10% off.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 08:02 PM
    Just got my SE yesterday have not opened it yet may be today got all the accessories with it too looking forward to ripping it open tonight to see what all the fuss is about lol.
    08-25-15 02:46 AM
    Ordered thru shopblackberry two weeks ago and received it yesterday in Ulaanbaatar. It is a must upgrade for Q10 owner and I'm berry berry happy with my purchase.
    Official 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-img_20150825_150256.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 05:28 AM
    Update:
    So I called Blackberry and told them my situation(no hotspot, no LTE on my SE Passport). After numerous troubleshooting, and even getting ATT on the phone, they came to the conclusion that the IMEI number was not compatible with ATT network, because it was not an ATT device(pure b$hit). Once we got ATT off the phone, I told the Blackberry support guy some of the comments I read from this forum/thread. Though he was quick to say "Blackberry does not endorse Crackberry", he listened intently to some of the things I was reading to him.....1.5hrs later, same reult.

I decided to head to the ATT store and told them my situation. Fortunately, the guy that gave me the first nano sim card was there, and dealt with him. I explained to him, based on what I read in this thread, I want to try another sim card. Before we switched sim cards, we tried a Samsung Galaxy IMEI, and the hotspot worked, but no LTE. Tried putting on a separate data plan, with the Blackberry IMEI and same sim card, no LTE, no hotspot. (Yes, I rebooted every time a change was made).

Finally, ATT rep did exactly what I wanted him to do in the first place when I arrived: switch out the sim cards and use my Z30 IMEI(which I know the hotspot worked) and voila!!!! I rebooted and yup, hotspot works and LTE on the Passport.....

Blackberry support has a called scheduled for later today. Can't wait to tell him this news and hear how he responds......

PS ATT reps were drooling all over the SE Passport....I just don't understand why Blackberry is not advertising this device as much. This thing is as sharp as them come.......
    ZayDub likes this.
    08-25-15 09:36 AM
    Hey, just want to say, thanks for your help and advice yesterday....
    08-25-15 09:36 AM
    @stakie looks like they gave you he'll. I had an issue with them and I called blackberry and I did not have that issue when I went back to the store. Glad that you have it worked out-of-pocket. Enjoy
    08-25-15 10:15 AM
    Just got my SE yesterday have not opened it yet may be today got all the accessories with it too looking forward to ripping it open tonight to see what all the fuss is about lol.
    Its going to be like xmas in your house tonight.
    08-25-15 10:36 AM
    I have strong reasons to believe my SE is the first in Serbia
    Official 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-img_20150825_204753.jpg
    Official 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-img_20150825_205624.jpg

Can't wait to get home and unpack all the accessories and set the phone

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 03:44 PM
    Just ordered mine today, through Amazon. I couldn't hold out any longer! lol..
    08-25-15 03:57 PM
    I've had mine since Friday. What a beautiful device.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 04:49 PM
931 ... 2021222324 ...