Just got mine!

Via BlackBerry Passport
    08-19-15 01:23 PM
    I read in another thread that BB 10 will not have anymore update.....is it true?
    False, BlackBerry themselves have stated that OS 10.3.3 is in development. This means there will be at least one more update.

Also there has been a OS build of 10.3.2.27xx spotted on the production server so there is a good chance there will be another update for the 10.3.2 branch.

Via Blackberry Leap OS 10.3.2.2339
    fishlove73, extisis and alan510 like this.
    08-19-15 01:34 PM
    that's a bunch of crap...I am Canadian travelling back and forth to the US. My first phone was a unlocked Z30 from DR. I put an LTE sim card in it = worked in Canada then when I was in US, AT&T gave me a sim card, which doesn't say LTE on the card, and got LTE when I was closed to big city only, no LTE in the smaller town or country

Now having the Passport from DR, In Canada I have LTE with the same sim card and never called Telus to change the IMEI...In a couples of days I'm going back to US, I'll see what the phone does
    I'm a Canadian. I've been in the US since a day after I received my SE Passport. I'm with Rogers, and been roaming on at&t witj LTE through Washington and NYC.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 10:53 PM
    Well, I finally put my hand on a SE... IMHO it does look better, like more stylized and finished (now, this device in black could have been gorgeous)... the other thing I have noticed is that the device feels lighter even when it's heavier... I guess the reason for this is that the device is better balanced... I haven't turned it on yet, it's charging now and I will be busy working tomorrow... I am considering selling it, not because there is anything wrong with it but to save the money for other stuff I need... I will test it for a couple of days and then I will decide...

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 11:30 PM
    Ooh, black all metal would have be sublime.

Why would you sell it? Would it be easier for just return it? Even if you did make a couple bucks, is it worth the hassle.

Well, I am going to make my decision tomorrow, after I look at Kijiji dudes used OG Passport. If I don't like it, I may just drop the 7 large to get an SE.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 11:40 PM
    if i sell it, would be here at Crackberry... just to pass it on to another devoted/fan/delusional (according to the rest of the market) crackberrian...
    extisis likes this.
    08-20-15 12:00 AM
    if i sell it, would be here at Crackberry... just to pass it on to another devoted/fan/delusional (according to the rest of the market) crackberrian...
    noted.
    08-20-15 12:11 AM
    I went into a store today to play with an OG PP. First time I have held a non-dummy device. I have fooled with the Q10 and Classic a few times, and thought "it would take a while to get used to the PKB again". But the PP's PKB felt awesome right away. Maybe because it was a demo device, the KB was not too clicky, felt nicely broken in. In fact the black PP felt and looked so good, I am tempted to just go with one of them because I can get for $100 from carrier, and black plastic doesn't chip like silver paint (trust me as a Z30 owner, I know). The SE has much squarer sides, and metal can be slippery, so for those of you who own both: aside from the sexy metal bits, can you confirm the SE feels as good in your hands as the OG?
    It feels much safer holing the SE.
    08-20-15 12:14 AM
    You're going to want to install Snap (third-party Google Play store) from here: []Snap - Red Light Of Love, Ltd.[/url]
    The site has some instructions for how to get it on your device.

Between Snap and the Amazon app store, you shouldn't have any need for the 1mobile store.

It's a bit off topic but a few apps to take a look at and try out:

BlackBerry Blend
    BeBuzz 10 Pro (extra notifications manager)
    BeWeather 10 Pro
    Blaq (third-party twitter client)
    CascaRun PRO (activity tracker)
    Evernote
    FastTube (nice native YouTube client)

You can find all of those on the BlackBerry World directly. The rest of the Android stuff you'll find on either Amazon or Snap. I only mentioned apps that are universally useful, but other locale specific apps like postal service, banks, sports, etc are up to your location. Hope that helps.

Wow thanks for the advice and recommendations
    blackberry blend is amazing, fast tube is nice and for me the stock weather is good enough.

Amazon didn't have the apps I was looking for but snap is really good. Almost native run of the apps the only issue is the touch keyboard doesn't work.
    But having a much better experience after getting these apps
    Thanks

Sent from BlackBerry Passport $ilver �dition
    08-20-15 05:51 AM
    Agreed. Definitely feels more secure than the OG.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 07:26 AM
    Mines arrived Sim free from Carphone warehouse. This thing is beautiful in terms of design. No flaws whatsoever. Reminds me of anvold leica camera in terms of looks and quality. This indeed is worthy of the flagship title. Well done Blackberry.

Hi Ho Silver
    08-20-15 08:06 AM
    Got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition yesterday. I'm loving it.
    Official 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-img_20150819_162455.jpg

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver
    08-20-15 08:52 AM
    Received my PP SE today to continue my BlackBerry experience (taken from my Z10 so missing from photo)

Official 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-img_20150820_194718.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 01:51 PM
    I am so much loving the soft buttery keyboard on SE. Although I had an OG for 10 months but it never felt so smooth typing

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 07:08 PM
    Can someone from Canada tell me how it was shipped? They leave it at the door? Haha , does the postman put it in the community box? Or do they get you to pick it up at purolator or the post office. I need to know I want to order but likely will be away and have had some bad experiences with delivery.

Already passed on the bundle due to this.

Posted with Z30
    08-20-15 09:03 PM
    Can someone from Canada tell me how it was shipped? They leave it at the door? Haha , does the postman put it in the community box? Or do they get you to pick it up at purolator or the post office. I need to know I want to order but likely will be away and have had some bad experiences with delivery.

Posted with Z30
    FedEx. Send it to your office if you're not going to be home.
    Optimus4 likes this.
    08-20-15 09:11 PM
    FedEx and if you're not home then you can pick it up at a local depot which is what I did.
    Optimus4 likes this.
    08-20-15 09:20 PM
    Official 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-img_20150811_170347.jpg
    Official 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-img_20150811_132614.jpg

It is heavier than my ATT Passport, it is a pretty classy device. Almost too classy for me :-)

Posted via CB10
    mbamd and m3mb3rsh1p like this.
    08-20-15 11:57 PM

Posted with Z30
    Yep it is shipped via fedex. Mine was left at the door. I called fedex ti complaint, they were surprized. Not supposed to be left at the door
    08-21-15 12:03 AM

Posted with Z30
    I had UPS and had to sign for it

BlackBerry Passport SE on OS 10.3.2.2226 Wind Mobile after 7 yrs with Rogers
    08-21-15 07:41 AM
    Update: so I went back to the At&t store and told the rep that this SE Passport is supposed to get LTE and he was determined to get it working so he placed another nano Sim card and Voila! LTE in all its glory was shining in the corner. I was doing my happy dance. I was so happy
    Thanks for the advice.
    PS: I called BlackBerry and they told me if I had any issues, I can call them and they would tell the rep how to enable the LTE.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 09:39 AM
    Yep it is shipped via fedex. Mine was left at the door. I called fedex ti complaint, they were surprized. Not supposed to be left at the door
    Jheeeez. Might wait a week then.

Posted with Z30
    08-21-15 11:42 AM
    My findings after test driving it for 3-4h... it is clearly better to type on (even when I am hitting the comma virtual key once in while when I press the letter e)... softer feeling when pressing, like a keyboard already broken in, but still the unmatched sensation of a BlackBerry keyboard... I feel the phone has better signal, has gotten network signals and different wifi antennas quickly and strong... since I haven't removed the original screen protector, I don't know if this is a factor but the screen feels harder to respond, I need sometimes to swipe twice to get what I want to do (also keep in mind that in my unlocked pp I have a tempered glass installed, which makes it very nice to swipe on)... on the other hand, when using the keyboard to navigate the cursor it is more precise, the magnified circle is easier to control...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by gallopiton; 08-21-15 at 12:53 PM.
    08-21-15 12:00 PM
    Jheeeez. Might wait a week then.
    Posted with Z30
    Or call FedEx and ask that they make sure to hold it for you.
    I was lucky the wife was around while I was gone.
    08-21-15 11:58 PM
    Update: so I went back to the At&t store and told the rep that this SE Passport is supposed to get LTE and he was determined to get it working so he placed another nano Sim card and Voila! LTE in all its glory was shining in the corner. I was doing my happy dance. I was so happy
    Thanks for the advice.
    PS: I called BlackBerry and they told me if I had any issues, I can call them and they would tell the rep how to enable the LTE.

Posted via CB10
    Excellent news! Thanks very much for sharing.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 12:16 AM
931 ... 1920212223 ...