Ordered this morning from Shopblackberry. Does it still comes with the accessories bundle?
    08-18-15 03:20 PM
    Ordered this morning from Shopblackberry. Does it still comes with the accessories bundle?
    Was the accessories listed in the shopping cart when you paid for it? When I ordered my SE, the accessories were listed along with the SE and showing $0.00 for each of them and showing $549 for the SE. If you didn't have that then you aren't getting the accessories with it, sorry.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 03:40 PM
    Received mine today. Superb first impression. I especially like the keyboard that is so much easier to type on compared to the black one. And it really has an industrial feeling the whole device. Definitely an upgrade.
    08-18-15 03:49 PM
    Looks like its bigger then the original?

Posted via passport
    08-18-15 04:25 PM
    Looks like its bigger then the original?

Posted via passport
    Yes a 1/4 inch taller,
    08-18-15 04:31 PM
    I'm confused... When I got the Original Passport from shopblackberry I made the switch to AT&T and made sure they gave me a LTE enabled SIM and also brought the box so they could scan the IMEI from the Passport box. This was way before they even sold their version and received LTE immediately.

Why would the Silver Edition be any different? The device supports LTE and if the SIM is LTE there shouldn't be an issue. Nice to have this post though to get around not having LTE if it becomes an issue, but my Passport is definitely not an AT&T phone and they used the IMEI number from the box it came in from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 04:33 PM
    Anyone at att wondering why you are not getting LTE signal, read this post, seems pretty clear why you have it enable or not...

It never "says LTE on the card." It's the IMEI number AT&T has associated with the SIM card you have from AT&T that determines whether you get LTE or not. I am in a big city, I didn't get LTE when I had the Amazon Unlocked Passport IMEI associated with the SIM card on AT&T's computer. As soon as they changed the IMEI number to one that was from an AT&T Z10, and associated it on the AT&T computer with the very same SIM card in my Passport SE--I never touched the SIM card itself in my Passport--I immediately had LTE. Same phone, same SIM, same spot in the AT&T Store.

This may or may not apply to someone switching to an AT&T SIM while in the States--I simply don't know. But it applies to me, and probably to others who are in the States and have AT&T.

I don't know how to make it any clearer than that. Maybe somebody here does.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 04:37 PM
    You would be correct. I have unlocked z10, Silver Edition Passport and an ATT passport. With the ATT passport I have used cricket, H20 and gophone. The only ones I have not tried in it are straight talk Sims and Net 10 Sims. But it appears ATT doesn't mind....almost like there is no reason to unlock it. Unless your selling it overseas or something

Flying Spaghetti Monster. SQW-100-4. 10.3.2.2226
    08-18-15 04:57 PM
    Right now I'm running cricket (att) on my SE Passport. I have LTE.

08-18-15 05:10 PM
    Ive never had any problrm with tmobile, I switch phones back and forth, iphone, sony, nokia, lg, blackberry on a daily basis and have never had any problem. If the phone is lte capable it will pick lte regardless.

QUOTE=KenV54;11863903]If you're pissed off with AT&T, please get at the end of the line. And from what I understand, Verizon is much worse in this regard.[/QUOTE]
    08-18-15 05:22 PM
    Right now I'm running cricket (att) on my SE Passport. I have LTE.

Well now ain't you special.

\=D/ *PARTY* BOOBIES*PARTY* \=D/

Poorly written on my SE Passport. PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    fishlove73 likes this.
    08-18-15 06:13 PM
    Ive never had any problrm with tmobile, I switch phones back and forth, iphone, sony, nokia, lg, blackberry on a daily basis and have never had any problem. If the phone is lte capable it will pick lte regardless.
    This whole thing is probably AT&T specific. I think they want people to buy their branded phones, of which the Z10 and the AT&T Passport were examples. The Amazon Passport and the Silver Edition Passport are not AT&T branded phones, regardless of the similarity or identity of the hardware to the branded AT&T models.

AT&T told me (their support tech on the phone) that if the IMEI number that is associated with the SIM card you're using shows that it is a non-AT&T branded BlackBerry, they do not guarantee LTE, even though we all know the phones are LTE capable. All the IMEI numbers are linked with the phone type and brand. When AT&T sees a non-ATT IMEI number and associates it with a SIM card, it codes it as 3G or 4G only, not LTE. Period. So most or all of the time any phone that has that SIM card in it will not get LTE.

So what you have to do is to find an IMEI number of a BlackBerry phone or other phone that is AT&T branded for LTE, and get AT&T to associate that IMEI number with your SIM card. It doesn't matter that the IMEI number you are giving AT&T may not even be your phone, because in this case it is only being used to tell the SIM card that your phone is LTE capable. It is not being used to identify you as the owner of that particular phone. For that matter, you can take your SIM card, as long as it fits, physically, or fits with an adaptor, and put it into any phone you want that works on the AT&T network (GSM), and that SIM card will then make that phone have your AT&T phone number, and give that phone LTE capability, if the phone has inherent LTE capability.

Refer to my earlier post about the coding of IMEI numbers and how they tell AT&T whether it is an AT&T branded phone or not. I think,but cannot be sure, that it is the first four numbers of the IMEI that have that information.
    Last edited by KenV54; 08-18-15 at 07:12 PM.
    08-18-15 06:25 PM
    I've had my SE for a few days now (love it) but have noticed while browsing web pages an intermittent black box appears, usually on the right side of pages and in different sizes. It happens really fast (split second) and then disappears. I never noticed that before on my z30 or z10 before that.

I notice it a few times per day and on various different sites. Not sure what is going on unless some plugin is trying to load than closes...

Also, has anyone noticed the vibration on the SE isn't very strong? My z30 could be heard and felt easily on vibrate but the SE is a lot weaker and sometimes I don't feel it in my pocket even with 3 to 5 vibrates.

Not a big deal either way... still enjoying it and getting used to actually typing again...
    08-18-15 06:39 PM
    I hope some of you can help me out here... I want to come back to Blackberry. After much thought and being honest with myself about what I use my device for the Passport seems like the logical choice.

Here's my conundrum: 2 months ago I went from an iPhone 5S to a Samsung S6 thinking the larger screen would make my life full of Skittles and sunshine. It didn't. I did make the purchase through Best Buy and also bought their in house extended warranty. (I've had it in the past, used it and found it did save me a bunch of money in the long run when I had troubles with three(!) other phones). I would really like a PP Silver Edition but can't transfer the warranty to a phone not purchased at Best Buy. That leaves me two options:
    1) Purchase an original PP from Best Buy and transfer the warranty.
    or
    2) Sell the warranty (Best Buy says it can be done) along with the S6 and get the PP SE sans extended warranty.

Is there enough of a difference in your eyes to get the SE over the original and are there any inherent problems with the PP that would sway you to get the original PP and transfer the extended warranty to it?

Thanks for your help.

Dave
    08-18-15 07:51 PM
    I hope some of you can help me out here... I want to come back to Blackberry. After much thought and being honest with myself about what I use my device for the Passport seems like the logical choice.

Here's my conundrum: 2 months ago I went from an iPhone 5S to a Samsung S6 thinking the larger screen would make my life full of Skittles and sunshine. It didn't. I did make the purchase through Best Buy and also bought their in house extended warranty. (I've had it in the past, used it and found it did save me a bunch of money in the long run when I had troubles with three(!) other phones). I would really like a PP Silver Edition but can't transfer the warranty to a phone not purchased at Best Buy. That leaves me two options:
    or
    2) Sell the warranty (Best Buy says it can be done) along with the S6 and get the PP SE sans extended warranty.

Is there enough of a difference in your eyes to get the SE over the original and are there any inherent problems with the PP that would sway you to get the original PP and transfer the extended warranty to it?

Thanks for your help.

Dave
    Get the SE passport it comes with a year warranty, and sell that other phone, if you have a problem with the passport it will show up before your one year is up.
    fishlove73 likes this.
    08-18-15 07:57 PM

or

Thanks for your help.

Dave
    Also if I remember there is an extended care plan on ShopBlackBerry

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    08-18-15 09:51 PM
    Yes, I was just going over the details of it... it's a bargain compared to Best Buy.

Nothing left to do but place my order!
    DudeManBud Man likes this.
    08-18-15 09:58 PM
    Congrats.. So jealous!!

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 10:09 PM
    Official 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-imageuploadedbycb-forums1439994972.952757.jpgOfficial 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-imageuploadedbycb-forums1439994992.685264.jpgOfficial 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-imageuploadedbycb-forums1439995029.190519.jpgOfficial 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-imageuploadedbycb-forums1439995046.123502.jpgOfficial 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-imageuploadedbycb-forums1439995058.775091.jpg
    Received mine this morning in senegal (west africa). Ordered from shopblackberry to a cousin's adress in newyork! He transfered since 4 days n get it! For now i Do not regret my purchase! Love the design! Liking again BB os 10Coming! back to blackberry after having a classic! Still have my iphone 6+. Gonna see if i will sell that one to keep the SE.
    08-19-15 09:40 AM
    I went into a store today to play with an OG PP. First time I have held a non-dummy device. I have fooled with the Q10 and Classic a few times, and thought "it would take a while to get used to the PKB again". But the PP's PKB felt awesome right away. Maybe because it was a demo device, the KB was not too clicky, felt nicely broken in. In fact the black PP felt and looked so good, I am tempted to just go with one of them because I can get for $100 from carrier, and black plastic doesn't chip like silver paint (trust me as a Z30 owner, I know). The SE has much squarer sides, and metal can be slippery, so for those of you who own both: aside from the sexy metal bits, can you confirm the SE feels as good in your hands as the OG?
    08-19-15 12:26 PM
    Several owners of both have said that the SE feels better when you are holding it, the material in the back helps a lot apparently... I have the black original, and I will put my hands on the SE later today for the first time, then I can comment on my impressions...

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 12:31 PM
    I went into a store today to play with an OG PP. First time I have held a non-dummy device. I have fooled with the Q10 and Classic a few times, and thought "it would take a while to get used to the PKB again". But the PP's PKB felt awesome right away. Maybe because it was a demo device, the KB was not too clicky, felt nicely broken in. In fact the black PP felt and looked so good, I am tempted to just go with one of them because I can get for $100 from carrier, and black plastic doesn't chip like silver paint (trust me as a Z30 owner, I know). The SE has much squarer sides, and metal can be slippery, so for those of you who own both: aside from the sexy metal bits, can you confirm the SE feels as good in your hands as the OG?
    Feels better, IMHO, and more secure because of the corrugated back. The OEM flip case has a similar corrugated back, and is beautifully designed. Whether all this is worth the money is a personal decision.
    08-19-15 12:38 PM
    All this stuff with the silver paint on the SE chipping is ridiculous. Mine is still pristine and doesn't show any signs of wear.

 вιaсĸвεггч� PP Silver Edition via CB10 (AT&T OS 10.3.2.2339)
    08-19-15 12:44 PM
    I read in another thread that BB 10 will not have anymore update.....is it true?
    08-19-15 12:45 PM
    Several owners of both have said that the SE feels better when you are holding it, the material in the back helps a lot apparently... I have the black original, and I will put my hands on the SE later today for the first time, then I can comment on my impressions...
    Great thanks, look forward to your impressions.

All this stuff with the silver paint on the SE chipping is ridiculous. Mine is still pristine and doesn't show any signs of wear.
    I would hope, you could have only had it a little while. But I did have issues with my Z30, though I wouldn't say it just fell off, it came off with hard knocks that where my fault.

I read in another thread that BB 10 will not have more update.....is it true?
    Ask in that thread, not here.
    08-19-15 12:49 PM
931 ... 1819202122 ...