Which means that a glass screen protector will be an option! Hate to ask this, especially because I just ordered 2 last night, but any DT issues yet?

Posted via CB10
    I would think it would take a few weeks|months for that to show up.
    08-08-15 01:29 PM
    Software release is 10.3.2.2226 and OS Version is 10.3.2.2339

Posted via CB10
    Oh you're right. OS Version is 2339. On both my SE and OG. I was looking at the wrong page.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 01:51 PM
    I got my new Silver today. Upon taking it out of the box, I did a security wipe. Added accounts and apps.

Problem: double tapping on my keyboard is not bringing up the circle of interest. Tapping on the screen in an area with text brings up the circle. Can someone with a new Silver see if double tapping on your keyboard brings up the circle, and reply here. Thanks.
    08-08-15 02:33 PM
    Silver definitely looks sleeker than the original! Enjoy your new device!

Posted via CB10
    Pls add me pin:2BF388E0

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 02:59 PM
    I got my new Silver today. Upon taking it out of the box, I did a security wipe. Added accounts and apps.

Problem: double tapping on my keyboard is not bringing up the circle of interest. Tapping on the screen in an area with text brings up the circle. Can someone with a new Silver see if double tapping on your keyboard brings up the circle, and reply here. Thanks.
    Tapping on my Silver keyboard /does/ bring up the circle of interest.
    _tC likes this.
    08-08-15 03:28 PM
    Just finished setting up and I have to say that the SE is much more refined. Love the feel of the back of the device and the keyboard. The screen seems to be clearer and colors more accurate. This is definitely worth the upgrade!

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 03:36 PM
    @Steepside
    I'm sorry, but I do not agree with your comments, this is repeating from last year, all "iphone unbiased" users are coming here to 'again' implying that Blackberry is going out of handheld business, and yada yada... Good for you that your iphone works and you are not unhappy with it's build quality. If you have something to say about the build quality of the SE, please support it with pictures, if not, then you are just rambling about it.

Since it's launch on September last year, I have purchased 6 Blackberry Passports, including 2 Whites purchased on December and I have NEVER had an issue with it, nor the people I bought it for.

In my humble opinion, the OG is a fine piece of machine that works as it should and what I bought it for, that is mainly to get work done, the battery lasts day and half and with every OS update it just keeps getting better and better. Of course I'm not blind to the fact that some of them have had some flaws, as the keyboard issue stated before, but come on, you only have 1 post and why bother saying this? Post pictures and then we'll see.

To the other users, real unbiased users, let's continue with your impressions of the device, as I'm seriously considering on getting my hands on the Silver Edition and sell the OG to one of my coworkers

Cheers!
    Agreed sir totally agree

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 03:37 PM
    Thanks for the reply KenV54,
    My Silver is having some day one jitters. Rebooting the phone fixed the doubletap on the keyboard problem.
    Then, one of my associates tried to bluetooth a song to me, but that failed. Then I tried to pair the bluetooth to my car's hands free (Honda) and that failed. rebooting fixed all issues, which I shouldn't have.
    I'm channeling Roy from the IT Crowd "Have you turned it off and on again?"
    BrandonQ10 likes this.
    08-08-15 04:15 PM
    Thanks for the reply KenV54,
    My Silver is having some day one jitters. Rebooting the phone fixed the doubletap on the keyboard problem.
    Then, one of my associates tried to bluetooth a song to me, but that failed. Then I tried to pair the bluetooth to my car's hands free (Honda) and that failed. rebooting fixed all issues, which I shouldn't have.
    I'm channeling Roy from the IT Crowd "Have you turned it off and on again?"
    Glad it worked, _tC. I restored everything from my original Passport, including the accounts settings, because the OS versions were the same. No day one jitters here, fortunately, or at least none that I've run across. Two Passports ago I had major BT connection problems, hardware related (swapped out with Amazon). I hope and assume that BB has fixed this issue with the Silver Edition.
    _tC likes this.
    08-08-15 04:31 PM
    A couple first impressions and observations with the PP SE.

I've always used the Mr. Shield screen protectors, and of course the ones for the original PP aren't a perfect fit, vertically, on the SE. So I cut one down at the top, and unless you're looking for something the "poor fit" at the top is almost invisible.

I've always used a case with a cover on the PP--it was cheap and faux leather, but equivalent roughly to the OE leather case from BB. It's too small, of course, for the SE (although it can be forced). But with the increased chin size and the new corrugated backing on the SE, I'm seriously considering going without a case so that it's lighter and easier to type on. The screen is protected against scratches, but I would be giving up the protection for drops and spills. Tough decision.
    s.ben likes this.
    08-08-15 04:40 PM

I've always used the Mr. Shield screen protectors, and of course the ones for the original PP aren't a perfect fit, vertically, on the SE. So I cut one down at the top, and unless you're looking for something the "poor fit" at the top is almost invisible.

I've always used a case with a cover on the PP--it was cheap and faux leather, but equivalent roughly to the OE leather case from BB. It's too small, of course, for the SE (although it can be forced). But with the increased chin size and the new corrugated backing on the SE, I'm seriously considering going without a case so that it's lighter and easier to type on. The screen is protected against scratches, but I would be giving up the protection for drops and spills. Tough decision.
    Naked is always the way to go. On your phone and in life. Lol

Posted via CB10
    aspurrell likes this.
    08-08-15 04:53 PM

I was thinking about not using a case too but the bottom of the device is plastic as well as the sim door. Both of which will show scratches. Much less slippery than the OG though so not sure what to do.
    08-08-15 04:57 PM
    don't have time to read entire thread... so I am sorry if these questions have been answered. Anyone ordered from shopblackberry to a canadian address? If so what was the time frame? I ordered late last night, and am leaving on a trip Thursday am. Obviously would love to bring the new SE with me.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by amathtools; 08-08-15 at 09:47 PM.
    08-08-15 07:28 PM
    You can get one from amazon.com and have it shipped to India using international shipping, and sorry you will be second, I already got mine!!

Posted via CB10
    How much did you pay for the tax? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-08-15 09:42 PM
    don't have time to read entire thread... so I am sorry if these questions have been answered. Anyone ordered from shopblackberry to a canadian address? If so what was the time frame? I ordered late last night, and am leaving on a trip Thursday am. Obviously would love to bring the new SE with me.

Posted via CB10
    Shipped to BC in just over 24 hours from ordering.
    amathtools likes this.
    08-09-15 12:34 AM
    No manufacturing process is perfect. No distribution process is perfect. Sometimes these add up to problems, while other times they don't. It is how the manufacturer or retailer responds to a faulty item that is key. This process too is never perfect. In that case, it is how the consumer deals with error or sharp practice...what saddens me is how both haters and fans alike are creating a kind of hysteria about the Passport, to the point where people are starting to dismiss it out of hand as an inherently flawed machine - instead of it being one of the best phones ever made.

By the way, if you want to read some truly insane Blackberry bashing, go to the "opinions" page on GSM arena on Passport...there are quite a few on there claiming all BlackBerry devices cannot get WiFi.

Posted via CB10
    ROROSLIM likes this.
    08-09-15 12:51 AM
    I Ordered my SE PP on Friday I have not gotten confirmation yet. When I receive the phone do I need to tell AT&T anything or just put my Sim Card in. Will my bill adjust being this is my first unlocked phone?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 06:04 AM
    I notice point 14. I will give it a miss....

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 06:29 AM
    Using the the SE for two days now and I love the look and feel. No complains from my end so far.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport SE
    Got mine yesterday. Two impressions:

1. The device is far more premium than I thought it was going to be. It really seems on the level of the prior Porsche editions.

2. On top of all the design improvements, the most impressive change is the keyboard. It's hard to say exactly what they did, but it is vastly improved. Something about the slightly larger chin plus the increased softness of the keys make typing on it far easier than my white Passport. The white one wasn't bad to type on by any means, but this is a whole new level.

White Passport for sale! Tons of free accessories! Free overnight shipping!

Posted via CB10
    _tC and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    I Ordered my SE PP on Friday I have not gotten confirmation yet. When I receive the phone do I need to tell AT&T anything or just put my Sim Card in. Will my bill adjust being this is my first unlocked phone?

Posted via CB10
    No. I have an unlocked Passport (not AT&T) and use it interchangeably with a Verizon Z10 and Z30. I just switch the SIM card depending on the phone I want to use for the day.

Z30 STA 100-3/10.3.2.2339
    08-09-15 07:25 AM
    @Arabianhorse Will my bill change in anyway? Will there be a price adjustment due to it being unlocked?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 08:25 AM
    Which case does everyone prefer? So far I've been using the flip case as it protects the screen so no need for a screen protector and it looks very professional.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 08:32 AM
    I'm using the book case (flip case) and had Ghost Armor applied to the screen. I may try a StilGut book case when it's offered.
    08-09-15 08:45 AM
    Does the silver passport from the us BlackBerry shop have wireless charging?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 10:51 AM
931 ... 89101112 ...