You have a Red passport and a Silver one? Your like my idol haha.

Do you like the grip better on the SE? Am worried about the slippery back on the red.

Posted with Z30
    The SE has a great rear cover grip (the diamond pattern). SE could be used safely without a case. I wouldn't do that with the OG design.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 11:00 PM
    I totally understand where you're coming from. I'm wondering though is it that much of a transition or that sharp? I swipe down from the center speaker I feel a slight transition but nothing bad like going from the old toolbelt to the screen. Of course it should be perfect but i'm wondering if this is the way they all are on the left hand side. I've now seen 3 ppl with this same issue. For me im on the fence about returning it.
    My SE has a sharp edge on the right side of the screen (at the top when swiping down). Not a major issue, but it's a little disconcerting. It's the only issue I have so far. Not something I'm worried about.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 11:02 PM
    I think, based on the aggregate of what has been reported here about issues, and because the DR delay has given me the opportunity to do so, that I'm going to cancel my order on Friday. Too many problems found for the small number that have been received. And this isn't even a problem thread, so it's not a matter of selection, as the statisticians like to say.
    08-06-15 11:09 PM
    My SE has a sharp edge on the right side of the screen (at the top when swiping down). Not a major issue, but it's a little disconcerting. It's the only issue I have so far. Not something I'm worried about.

Posted via CB10
    I'm going to speculate they're all like this. I think it was the Q10 or 9900 had the screen lower on the top right compared to the left...i can't remember. In any case I don't think that its worth returning for this i.e. its really not bad feeling. I do note that if you push in on the left you can see the screen depress. Does this mean its missing adhesive or not screwed down properly? I'm guessing its normal.
    08-06-15 11:24 PM
    I'm going to speculate they're all like this. I think it was the Q10 or 9900 had the screen lower on the top right compared to the left...i can't remember. In any case I don't think that its worth returning for this i.e. its really not bad feeling. I do note that if you push in on the left you can see the screen depress. Does this mean its missing adhesive or not screwed down properly? I'm guessing its normal.
    It's a real shame when everything else about the phone feels perfect. It doesn't bother me enough to return the phone, and I'd bet all of the current batch have the same issue.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 11:37 PM
    I just put a small clamp that applied slight pressure on the top left corner to compress the screen back into the body. Left it on for about 20 minutes and now its flush. It doesn't seem to be returning back to its original position so it now seems fine. Lets see if it stays down overnight
    08-06-15 11:57 PM
    I just put a small clamp that applied slight pressure on the top left corner to compress the screen back into the body. Left it on for about 20 minutes and now its flush. It doesn't seem to be returning back to its original position so it now seems fine. Lets see if it stays down overnight
    Oh no, not this again.
    08-07-15 12:47 AM
    We shouldn't have to do this on a brand new device....I started to look at the overall build quality and noticed another flaw with how the case mates with the keyboard near the top row it is not perfectly symmetrical on both sides....This is not acceptable with today's technology. I am really starting to believe some of the other threads I have read about where BB is heading and it is away from hand held devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-07-15 08:00 AM
    @Steepside
    I'm sorry, but I do not agree with your comments, this is repeating from last year, all "iphone unbiased" users are coming here to 'again' implying that Blackberry is going out of handheld business, and yada yada... Good for you that your iphone works and you are not unhappy with it's build quality. If you have something to say about the build quality of the SE, please support it with pictures, if not, then you are just rambling about it.

Since it's launch on September last year, I have purchased 6 Blackberry Passports, including 2 Whites purchased on December and I have NEVER had an issue with it, nor the people I bought it for.

In my humble opinion, the OG is a fine piece of machine that works as it should and what I bought it for, that is mainly to get work done, the battery lasts day and half and with every OS update it just keeps getting better and better. Of course I'm not blind to the fact that some of them have had some flaws, as the keyboard issue stated before, but come on, you only have 1 post and why bother saying this? Post pictures and then we'll see.

To the other users, real unbiased users, let's continue with your impressions of the device, as I'm seriously considering on getting my hands on the Silver Edition and sell the OG to one of my coworkers

Cheers!
    Last edited by ROROSLIM; 08-07-15 at 09:23 AM.
    08-07-15 09:08 AM
  10. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    All I can say... Passport SE is awesome!! Best blackberry to date...

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 09:13 AM
    Ummm...just because I have 1 post or whatever...I am a professional engineer and have had every BB phone since their first phone that they ever launched!! I also purchase every flagship phone from all the major 4 operating systems so I know what I am taking about when I compare hardware issues...the OG Passport which I also have is a completely different phone so you cannot even compare them once you get your SE...maybe then you can speak to the build quality but wait I have mine so I can!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-07-15 09:16 AM
    Is it available in INDIA!?? If yes!! I will be the first.

Posted via CB10
    You can get one from amazon.com and have it shipped to India using international shipping, and sorry you will be second, I already got mine!!

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 09:46 AM
    Official 'I got my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition' thread-img_20150807_144509.jpg

Living the BlackBerry Dream. Loving the new Silver! The upgrades are noticeable and appreciated. Thanks BlackBerry
    08-07-15 09:50 AM
    There is no way that the steel is all one piece like that. You know how expensive it would be to machine that?

Source for that image?

Posted via CB10
    If it's one piece, it'll be very strong. And if it's one piece, BlackBerry marketing should mention that.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-07-15 10:38 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150807_144509.jpg 
Views:	2211 
Size:	113.0 KB 
ID:	365671

Living the BlackBerry Dream. Loving the new Silver! The upgrades are noticeable and appreciated. Thanks BlackBerry
    The Silver looks good.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-07-15 10:40 AM
    Ummm...just because I have 1 post or whatever...I am a professional engineer and have had every BB phone since their first phone that they ever launched!! I also purchase every flagship phone from all the major 4 operating systems so I know what I am taking about when I compare hardware issues...the OG Passport which I also have is a completely different phone so you cannot even compare them once you get your SE...maybe then you can speak to the build quality but wait I have mine so I can!!!
    I think the main sentiment is that just because there is one flaw on a BB, all the non-BB users use it as a chance to bash BB's build quality.

On the flip side, I have more than a handful of friends with iPhones and Androids who have complained about build quality issues and defects with their brand new devices as well. In fact, my best friend had to swap her iPhone five times with Apple before ending up with one that didn't have a defect.

Every brand has their issues, and no one is exempt from that. It's how much it impacts the user and how the company handles it that matters.
    wojciechp likes this.
    08-07-15 10:45 AM
    I think the main sentiment is that just because there is one flaw on a BB, all the non-BB users use it as a chance to bash BB's build quality.

On the flip side, I have more than a handful of friends with iPhones and Androids who have complained about build quality issues and defects with their brand new devices as well. In fact, my best friend had to swap her iPhone five times with Apple before ending up with one that didn't have a defect.

Every brand has their issues, and no one is exempt from that. It's how much it impacts the user and how the company handles it that matters.
    See my earlier post with how BB handled my 2 hour phone call yesterday and how they wanted to deal with the issue!!

Sent from whatever phone I decide to use for the day!!
    08-07-15 10:48 AM
    Just received mine. Charging it up now! Looks great!!!

Posted by a BlackBerry Passport
    08-07-15 11:51 AM
    I think, based on the aggregate of what has been reported here about issues, and because the DR delay has given me the opportunity to do so, that I'm going to cancel my order on Friday. Too many problems found for the small number that have been received. And this isn't even a problem thread, so it's not a matter of selection, as the statisticians like to say.
    Well, I tried to cancel, and maybe I did. The ShopBB rep (Digital River) was typically unhelpful. He said the "order was already in process" and that customers had agreed to accept the 2 business day delay, whatever that means. I asked why he couldn't cancel if it hadn't been shipped, and all he said was to repeat that "it was in process" but that I could refuse delivery. I told him I was going away, and wouldn't be there to receive it or refuse it--I had figured on an earlier delivery. Then he said he would put a request through to cancel, but couldn't guarantee anything and would not send an email confirmation of his request.

This is not BlackBerry bashing. Far from it. I've had nothing but BBs for 10+ years, and love my Passport, as does my wife her Z10. But if there are manufacturing issues with the Silver that a lot of people are seeing already, it's tough for me to justify this sort of expensive upgrade from the original Passport, at least until there is a new production run. If anything, I'm disappointed that BB has let this happen, and that they use Digital River as their in-house distributor. And now that Amazon is said to be carrying the Silver Passport, I would tend to go with Amazon rather than DR, even at the expense of not getting the free accessories. Amazon is just so easy to deal with for a customer.

No hassle, ever, with Amazon, and always a hassle with DR, in my experience.
    08-07-15 11:52 AM
    Anyone knows if the SEIDIO holster works on the Silver?

Thanks

Bold007
    08-07-15 11:59 AM
    Well, I tried to cancel, and maybe I did. The ShopBB rep (Digital River) was typically unhelpful. He said the "order was already in process" and that customers had agreed to accept the 2 business day delay, whatever that means. I asked why he couldn't cancel if it hadn't been shipped, and all he said was to repeat that "it was in process" but that I could refuse delivery. I told him I was going away, and wouldn't be there to receive it or refuse it--I had figured on an earlier delivery. Then he said he would put a request through to cancel, but couldn't guarantee anything and would not send an email confirmation of his request.

This is not BlackBerry bashing. Far from it. I've had nothing but BBs for 10+ years, and love my Passport, as does my wife her Z10. But if there are manufacturing issues with the Silver that a lot of people are seeing already, it's tough for me to justify this sort of expensive upgrade from the original Passport, at least until there is a new production run. If anything, I'm disappointed that BB has let this happen, and that they use Digital River as their in-house distributor. And now that Amazon is said to be carrying the Silver Passport, I would tend to go with Amazon rather than DR, even at the expense of not getting the free accessories. Amazon is just so easy to deal with for a customer.

No hassle, ever, with Amazon, and always a hassle with DR, in my experience.
    By DR shipment of the Passport SE went smooth. But had a few bad experiences with them. In this case though, the bundled pack is very attractive....

Posted by a BlackBerry Passport
    08-07-15 12:20 PM
    Can't believe I've had this PP for 9 months and never knew it had an FM Radio. I don't know whether to be happy or sad. Listening to it now. Too bad our sports station is only on AM.
    Ken now that you have figured out I can tell you the 'Natural Sound' from Z30 is vastly improved on Passport. There is no AM but I have not heard the kind of music quality on FM on any phone so far. Just get a decent ear buds and you are all set. I wonder you did not read countless threads about DR when PP was launched. I have not seen many walking off happy, doing business with them
    OP@ how is tactile feedback on the PKB? I understand that AT&T is little softer than original and Porsche Design P'9982 is too 'spongy', so how is this one coming up for you? Do you feel loudspeaker and/or in call audio is improved over original one?
    KenV54 likes this.
    08-07-15 12:49 PM
    24h30m after receiving the shipping confirmation, I have the package. The box looked like an accordion but all is well except for a crushed sync pod packaging.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 01:00 PM
    I agree, the package deal with DR is excellent.

With DR, YMMV, and mine has, over the years. They are fine with downloading stuff. With devices, it's hit and miss, and when there's a problem, always a hassle. Yes, Heretic, I've read the threads on DR but thought I'd take a chance on this one because of the great deal. But someone just said here the box for one of the accessories was crushed. No harm, no foul, I suppose, yet it's not right.

The only accessory I may need is the flip case, and I'll spend the money for it if my original third party case for the PP doesn't fit. But if I get a silver Passport, it'll be from Amazon, I suspect. My mileage hasn't varied with them over the years.
    deadcowboy likes this.
    08-07-15 01:40 PM
    I agree, the package deal with DR is excellent.

With DR, YMMV, and mine has, over the years. They are fine with downloading stuff. With devices, it's hit and miss, and when there's a problem, always a hassle. Yes, Heretic, I've read the threads on DR but thought I'd take a chance on this one because of the great deal. But someone just said here the box for one of the accessories was crushed. No harm, no foul, I suppose, yet it's not right.

The only accessory I may need is the flip case, and I'll spend the money for it if my original third party case for the PP doesn't fit. But if I get a silver Passport, it'll be from Amazon, I suspect. My mileage hasn't varied with them over the years.
    My DR experiences have been positive in 2015. Returns are relatively easy, and shipments have been quick. No complaints as of late. And the SE combo is pretty great. The snap cover/stand case is much better than the previous OG version.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 01:47 PM
931 ... 678910 ...