I had really bad flicker after updating my Passport. I did a restart and it hasn't come back

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    02-19-15 02:35 PM
    Just sent logs over, ironically the screen went crazy when I was trying to create the log!!

I am surprised this issue has been missed, it has been happening on my PP on all 10.3.1 builds.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you sir.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 02:38 PM
    I probably will stay put.

It's like owning a jeep. If it leaks it's a jeep.
    But it ain't cheap.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 02:41 PM
    LOL,

at first I slightly smirked at the thread.

Then I downloaded happily the 10.3.1. update and was playing around later. At the Settings, I saw some flickering and that scared the hell out of me! On top after the update, the sound alert are lowered. You slightly can hear your ringtones.

What a bad update from Blackberry. I guess they were sleeping! Screen and sound are important! Fix that!
    02-19-15 02:41 PM
    I did have flickering with videos and camera but after one or maybe two reboots, it stopped doing it. Also, hasn't happened a single time since I updated to 10.3.1.2267 which I've had for a couple of weeks since I'm part of the Beta Zone.

Here's a couple of questions to those experiencing flickering:
    1) Did you reboot your phone?
    2) Did you upgrade from an official OS or from a leaked OS?
    02-19-15 02:50 PM
    Flickering is there on the official OS. That's pretty official bug now. And it seems to be very stubborn, since BBRY hasn't fixed it yet. And that I can understand. But LOW NOTIFICATIONS VOLUME!!!! Are they kidding me?! How can that not be fixed? Moreover, it feels like they intentionally lowered the volume. But why on Earth would anyone in BlackBerry wanna do that?....
    02-19-15 03:02 PM
    I did have flickering with videos and camera but after one or maybe two reboots, it stopped doing it. Also, hasn't happened a single time since I updated to 10.3.1.2267 which I've had for a couple of weeks since I'm part of the Beta Zone.

Here's a couple of questions to those experiencing flickering:
    1) Did you reboot your phone?
    2) Did you upgrade from an official OS or from a leaked OS?
    Answer
    1) yes, I restarted my passport, but eventually flickering comes back
    2) from leaked OS (almost all leaked OS installed, all flickered)

BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.2267
    02-19-15 03:03 PM
    Can we check manufacturer date off affected PP's, it is not an OS problem imo and there might be a clue in finding out the culprit,

Edit: I am experiencing the flickering bad this ridiculous is anyone also noticing that the bottom part of the screen is unviewable it encompasses the space that would house the virtual hybrid keyboard, not to menton camera is absolutely inoperable kmft!

@ZEDTROSPEKTIV Via BlackBerry Passport, previous Z10, Bold 9790, Bold 9700, Curve 3G, Curve 8250 (1st BB)
    Last edited by ZEDTROSPEKTIV; 02-19-15 at 03:23 PM.
    02-19-15 03:09 PM
    Flickering is there on the official OS. That's pretty official bug now. And it seems to be very stubborn, since BBRY hasn't fixed it yet. And that I can understand. But LOW NOTIFICATIONS VOLUME!!!! Are they kidding me?! How can that not be fixed? Moreover, it feels like they intentionally lowered the volume. But why on Earth would anyone in BlackBerry wanna do that?....
    Obviously no one wants to talk about that. Sound has been lowered 50%. I miss calls and messages. Should be made public. We need a fix!

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 03:15 PM
    Sake BlackBerry This is the worst software update I have ever experienced the flickering happens on the main screen and as I type Cb10. What a joke how do you expect me to use this phone as my daily driver?

The OFFICIAL "Flickering" thread after 10.3.1 update-img_20150219_211536.png

Vodafone uk

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 03:15 PM
    Mines flickering as everyone else, I tried to send the log report but needed an incident number?
    02-19-15 03:16 PM
    Just automatically updated to the new official OS 10.3.1.2243 (Software release 10.3.1.1565) on my BlackBerry Passport (India). All apps except Facebook flickering and going completely black. Even Camera, Pictures, Videos, Settings, Calculator and other native apps flickering!
    Cannot imagine how BlackBerry can afford to make such errors at this crucial time. However I'm glad to bump into this thread and learn that I'm not the only one facing this.
    Thank you CB.
    Last edited by Kushal Nagar; 02-19-15 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Gave wrong OS info
    02-19-15 03:18 PM
    Can we check manufacturer date off affected PP's, it is not an OS problem imo and there might be a clue in finding out the culprit

@ZEDTROSPEKTIV Via BlackBerry Passport, previous Z10, Bold 9790, Bold 9700, Curve 3G, Curve 8250 (1st BB)
    I dont think it can be, since it's 10.3.1 that causes it
    02-19-15 03:18 PM
    Can we check manufacturer date off affected PP's, it is not an OS problem imo and there might be a clue in finding out the culprit

It is very clearly an OS problem - if it didn't occur on 10.3.0, there is obviously a way to mitigate it on the software side.
    02-19-15 03:20 PM
    You should probably list what phone you have. From what I've heard, it's only on the Passport.
    Posted via CB10
    Also on the Z30, but only in the hub, so it bothers me less than others I presume.
    02-19-15 03:20 PM
    Did you guys recognize that after doing the upgrade there are many many updates of almost every installed native app in BlackBerry World? I installed them and have no flickering issues now. Hopefully that was the solution...
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    02-19-15 03:22 PM
    I dont think it can be, since it's 10.3.1 that causes it
    Yes your quite right I have edited my post to reflect that as I did experience flickering until recently

02-19-15 03:25 PM
    Mines flickering as everyone else, I tried to send the log report but needed an incident number?
    Just put like 0000000000, generate the report and send to michaelclewley

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 03:27 PM
    Hi, had flickering on all leaks, but since i installed the official release (6 hours) no flickering.

But my upgrade was quite weird, starting with 490 MB and then 1.5 GB.

Will report if flickering will happen.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 03:30 PM
    Did you guys recognize that after doing the upgrade there are many many updates of almost every installed native app in BlackBerry World? I installed them and have no flickering issues now. Hopefully that was the solution...
    It's not the apps, it's the OS for sure, give it some time the flickering will return, sometimes you can get through a few hours without it but it will return, typically the most common way I can get it to happen is open say 4 or 5 active frames then start the camera and move around the active frames, im sure you will see it return.

Posted via CB10
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    02-19-15 03:32 PM
    Unfortunately, in my case, it is still sporadically there...
    02-19-15 03:32 PM
    Passport updated from official 10.3.0 to official 10.3.1. Screen flickering on soma native apps sometimes. Italy - Wind

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 03:36 PM
    It's not the apps, it's the OS for sure, give it some time the flickering will return, sometimes you can get through a few hours without it but it will return, typically the most common way I can get it to happen is open say 4 or 5 active frames then start the camera and move around the active frames, im sure you will see it return.

Posted via CB10
    I'm part of the Beta Zone and have had this OS on my phone for two weeks and no flickering.
    02-19-15 03:36 PM
    This is the list of issues I am having on this OS. Upgraded from official 10.3, through OTA update.
    Picture Password: Bottom (74) pixels are pushed off screen, while during the setup you can still use those to set a number.
    Picture Password: "edited" background is (still) saved to pictures folder for some reason. Obsolete.

Screen: Flickering in certain apps/menus. Not always, but random.
    Screen: Occassionally the menu bar is completely Black. Still works, but nothing is visible.

Volume: Low Notifications even at maximum (halfway barely audible)
    Volume: Low Media even at maximum (halfway barely audible)

Keyboard: Word suggestion bar stays after message is sent (empty)
    Keyboard: sometimes when the virtual keyboard should be hidden, it doesn't resize the menu bar. Result: huge menu bar taking up half the screen.

BBM: Sending a file opens the File Manager. But the Type:[filetype] dropdown is always active when switching between Device/SD

(A Hub enabled app doesn't show category anymore, even after reinstall.)
    02-19-15 03:49 PM
    I have tried to replicate the flickering to no avail. It just randomly appears.

As of now I have CB, Pandora, pictures, feedminder, camera, browser, weather running. Can't spark a flicker.
    02-19-15 04:07 PM
1,055 ... 23456 ...