07-13-17 06:30 PM
1,055 ... 3738394041 ...
tools
    Does anyone know if I have to be on 10.3.1 in order to get the .1779 update? I got the prompt to update to .1565 but resisted after reading about all the problems so I'm still on 10.3.0.
    I am in the same boat but I think we have waited this long we should tread carefully on the side of caution and patience. I called Telus yesterday and they said not yet but perhaps in a week or two or three or...... yeah they don't know either so I would just call once a week to confirm the update build before embarking.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 08:52 AM
    The OTA update that shows on my phone is 1779. Is that the right one? I just did check for updates and it showed up.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 08:53 AM
    Yes that's OS 2576 your good to go
    03-17-15 09:15 AM
    Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 09:40 AM
    The OTA update that shows on my phone is 1779. Is that the right one? I just did check for updates and it showed up.

Posted via CB10
    Yes that's for OS 2558

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2582
    03-17-15 02:36 PM
    I have a Passport on the Telus network, currently running System Software 10.3.1.1581.

I wasn't aware of the flickering issue till yesterday when I decided to take my Passport's recommendation to upgrade my system software. Upgraded to .1581 and immediately found that a bunch of things had changed. Like, all my speed-dial keys were gone, replaced with shortcuts to applications and views that I'm not keen on. No idea why the upgrade changed my settings.

Another setting that was changed was Battery Saving Mode (the upgrade set it on, to activate at 20%). It kicked in during the evening, and that's when the flickering started. Most obvious on a few videos (not all), in Settings, and in Facebook (which was so bad it was totally unreadable/unusable). I turned Battery Saving Mode off, did a restart and the flickering stopped.

Everything working fine this morning. To test again, I set Battery Saving Mode on, and the flickering started again immediately. I turned Battery Saving Mode off, but the flickering continued. I restarted the device and the flickering stopped. Looking forward to a fix.

I checked for another update from Telus, but as of now they tell me .1581 is "up to date".
    03-20-15 08:30 AM
    I checked for another update from Telus, but as of now they tell me .1581 is "up to date".
    There are currently 2 new Official OS's being pushed to Factory Unlocked devices, 10.3.1.2576 and 10.3.1 2582

You can do a non destructive update (same as OTA from carrier) using a tool called Sachesi

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/

For .2576 use Country and Carrier Codes 001/001 Search Device Passport, Download For Device Passport

For .2582 use same codes, Search Device Z30/Classic Download For Device Passport

Simples !!!

Cures flicker and low notification volumes.
    03-20-15 08:46 AM
    I have a Passport on the Telus network, currently running System Software 10.3.1.1581.

I wasn't aware of the flickering issue till yesterday when I decided to take my Passport's recommendation to upgrade my system software. Upgraded to .1581 and immediately found that a bunch of things had changed. Like, all my speed-dial keys were gone, replaced with shortcuts to applications and views that I'm not keen on. No idea why the upgrade changed my settings.

Another setting that was changed was Battery Saving Mode (the upgrade set it on, to activate at 20%). It kicked in during the evening, and that's when the flickering started. Most obvious on a few videos (not all), in Settings, and in Facebook (which was so bad it was totally unreadable/unusable). I turned Battery Saving Mode off, did a restart and the flickering stopped.

Everything working fine this morning. To test again, I set Battery Saving Mode on, and the flickering started again immediately. I turned Battery Saving Mode off, but the flickering continued. I restarted the device and the flickering stopped. Looking forward to a fix.

I'm with telus and a Passport.
    .1571 is not the latest update. Software .1779 and OS .2576 is the latest for Telus. It will fix most if not all your issues.

Check for another software update and if none available call support and mention those version numbers. They may be able to push it out to you.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 08:50 AM
    My Passport Appears to have gotten worse. I have set it aside and I am using my Z30 until an update is released.

The problem is all over the Phone. Multiple apps native and non. Apps partially loading and flickering

For my job I use every thing my phone has to offer including my camera. Trying to take a picture with the screen flickering green makes it imposable to continue.
    Lucky for me, I have an extra Phone but for others who don't this can be extremely aggravating.

Patiently waiting.
    03-21-15 09:52 AM
    My Passport Appears to have gotten worse. I have set it aside and I am using my Z30 until an update is released.

The problem is all over the Phone. Multiple apps native and non. Apps partially loading and flickering

For my job I use every thing my phone has to offer including my camera. Trying to take a picture with the screen flickering green makes it imposable to continue.
    Lucky for me, I have an extra Phone but for others who don't this can be extremely aggravating.

Patiently waiting.
    Have you ever sideloaded an app to your phone? If you have, updating to 10.3.1.2582 is that easy.

If you haven't, then wait for the OTA update. Your choice

Via CB10 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2582 
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    03-21-15 10:21 AM
    Why would you do this when you can update non destructively to an officially released OS that will solve the flickering issue ???
    anon(9208252) and Pdinos3 like this.
    03-21-15 10:22 AM
    Why would you do this when you can update non destructively to an officially released OS that will solve the flickering issue ???
    Tunnel vision, Legal. Tunnel vision.

03-21-15 10:46 AM
    To all the complainers about BlackBerry and this flicker bug, turns out that not only can we refer to apples iOS 8 bug mayhem we can now compare to google's new lollipop update to certain devices.

Quote from a google fan boy:
    "many of us have waited for Android 5.0 Lollipop to reach our existing devices, theres also a significant amount of people that would rather stick with KitKat while Google fixes the memory leak thats plagued devices with app crashes.".

This is a common problem with software and not the end of the world. People with Nexus devices are waiting longer than others just like us so let's not make this bigger than it really is. The fixes for 10.3.1 seem to be rolling out looks like and shouldn't be much longer. :-)

Posted via CB10
    No one said it was the end of the world. Having your screen flicker is annoying. Especially when you try to take a picture or use an application and the screen flickers and then goes totally black. The purpose of the forum is to discuss issues. When you pay this much for a product, you expect it to work. The fact that other device manufacturers have problems too does not make the problem any less a problem. All the devices need to work appropriately. If the issues are not discussed, they don't get fixed. It doesn't mean the phone is a bad product. I love the Passport. I don't like that it flickers.

Posted via CB10
    halberry1 and Tim Heard like this.
    03-22-15 06:35 PM
    No one said it was the end of the world. Having your screen flicker is annoying. Especially when you try to take a picture or use an application and the screen flickers and then goes totally black. The purpose of the forum is to discuss issues. When you pay this much for a product, you expect it to work. The fact that other device manufacturers have problems too does not make the problem any less a problem. All the devices need to work appropriately. If the issues are not discussed, they don't get fixed. It doesn't mean the phone is a bad product. I love the Passport. I don't like that it flickers.

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree, but there is a fix for this, and for the life of me don't know why people just don't look after some of there own problems,
    03-22-15 07:48 PM
    Also i have started a lounge for all those waiting for OTA to fix there device, instead of coming in where the leaks are discussed, you could go here and talk to others that are waiting for OTA.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ounge-1008452/
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    03-22-15 07:51 PM
    Also i have started a lounge for all those waiting for OTA to fix there device, instead of coming in where the leaks are discussed, you could go here and talk to others that are waiting for OTA.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ounge-1008452/
    Good idea... thanks.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    03-22-15 07:58 PM
    Totally agree, but there is a fix for this, and for the life of me don't know why people just don't look after some of there own problems,
    It is great if you are able to fix the problem yourself. My point was the manufacturer should ensure there is no problem. That is what you are paying for. Also, I checked the original post (#1). It said nothing about this being a thread for the discussion of leaks.

Posted via CB10
    byex likes this.
    03-22-15 08:54 PM
    What a bunch of tools they are.

Honestly, that's such a poor show.

Posted via CB10
    So your saying that every company that disturbutes software that is buggy are a bunch of tools. How about Microsoft and their recently discovery that there's a security vulnerability in IE that dates back to Windows NT 4.0 (Pre Windows 95) or Sony or apple??????0

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 10:15 PM
    Glad they solved that issue.
    03-22-15 10:16 PM
    This flickering is getting worse. It was gone for a week but every app is flickering.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 10:52 PM
    I give up.

RoseBud68 likes this.
    03-22-15 10:58 PM
    I give up.

Good now stop your whining.

Murdeme
    Pdinos3 and The_Passporter like this.
    03-22-15 11:13 PM
    Sorry, I'm now interested. It seems to me to be a ram cleaning or discharge issue. I have to do a complete turn off turn on and then it starts to work better. Yes, I would prefer an OTA release vs. a leak. But I'm wearing a little thin on patience waiting. Not complaining but it's been a while now and I haven't heard much. Where can I get the leak or non-OTA release? Thanks.

Brought to you by my Awesome BlackBerry Passport.
    Tim Heard likes this.
    03-22-15 11:21 PM
    Sorry, I'm now interested. It seems to me to be a ram cleaning or discharge issue. I have to do a complete turn off turn on and then it starts to work better. Yes, I would prefer an OTA release vs. a leak. But I'm wearing a little thin on patience waiting. Not complaining but it's been a while now and I haven't heard much. Where can I get the leak or non-OTA release? Thanks.

Brought to you by my Awesome BlackBerry Passport.
    It's not a leak. You can do destructive (autoloader) or non-destructive (sachesi). Instructions are in the first post of this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1007014

03-22-15 11:25 PM
    I guess I haven't given up yet lol

Carjackd and Legal Eagle like this.
    03-22-15 11:25 PM
1,055 ... 3738394041 ...