07-13-17 06:30 PM
1,055 ... 2627282930 ...
tools
    I can constantly encounter the flickering when my sixth app is a native BlackBerry one.
    Perhaps try this guys in the pattern and see if it happens for you. I haven't applied the leaked fix but wanted to first find step to reproduce it and verify the fix actually works.

If I open Remember or Picture as the sixth app, I get flickering.

Attachment 336930

EDIT: couldn't reproduce the pattern after reboot!!

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    Apply the leaked fix and Bam it's gone. Easy as that.

Posted on the best phone on the planet. Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    Pdinos3 and thedose like this.
    02-25-15 04:07 PM
    Hi,
    Actually, a question just came into my mind :
    Is BlackBerry really read this forum (and every threads which report a bug) for bug reports or we are just wandering and just helping each other (which itself is a great deal and I appreciate that )?

How about other bugs for 10.3.1 (like wi-fi, BB assistant alarm setting, notif volume, copy/paste, screen rotation, ... ) ? Will BB release a update (fix) for them?
    I just saw supportforums.blackberry but I see more activity here and I liked that.
    02-25-15 04:16 PM
    Hi,
    Actually, a question just came into my mind :
    Is BlackBerry really read this forum (and every threads which report a bug) for bug reports or we are just wandering and just helping each other (which itself is a great deal and I appreciate that )?

How about other bugs for 10.3.1 (like wi-fi, BB assistant alarm setting, notif volume, copy/paste, screen rotation, ... ) ? Will BB release a update (fix) for them?
    I just saw supportforums.blackberry but I see more activity here and I liked that.
    That's what Crackberry is all about!

Via CB Running  PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    Last edited by Pdinos3; 02-25-15 at 04:48 PM.
    sajjad7 likes this.
    02-25-15 04:22 PM
    Why should I? I don't own an iPhone and never have. Regarding Android (which is what I had) since I never really had an issue, never found the reason to join a forum (don't even know the most popular one; like CB is to BB, Android is to __ I don't know and honestly don't care).

I just bothered to read the first link, notice how Apple actually pulled the release and fewer than 40,000 devices were affected. BB on the other hand, reminded me every day that there's an update available; wouldn't you think that they would apologize and pull the update? Exactly.

.....ok, and you do?

Give me 5 reasons why I don't belong as a BB user?

-------

Anyways, on a positive note, I haven't had the flickering since restarting after the first occurrence. Let's hope this doesn't happen.

It's funny, I always thought the apple fanboys were the most pressed ones but boy was I wrong...

I simply love it when people run their mouth without evidence then when evidence is presented they can't be bothered to read???

How sure can I be that you will read past the first sentence and you want 5 reasons !!!
    Pdinos3 and thedose like this.
    02-25-15 04:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 05:02 PM
  6. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    so how do you do a hard reset,
    Press at the same time the volume up AND down buttons and hold them for about ten seconds and you will see the phone reboot itself..

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 05:11 PM
    Delete
    02-25-15 05:15 PM
    I agree, but that fix is easy to do...
    From my experience the updates performed on my past devices, the bugs have never been this major; actually, I can't think of a single bug right now, if there was one I didn't notice it.

I'll check out the link, but it's upsetting that WE have to take care of this and not BB sending out an update. Meh, I'm honestly over it, I'm not proud of this phone anymore, or excited, it all truly went away. I might be a bit dramatic right now, but I wanted this phone for SO LONG and to have this happen, it just wasn't worth it.
    02-25-15 05:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    Security Wipe does not fix screen flickering! There are many who have tried your method in different threads, the flickering does not get resolved with a Security Wipe(factory reset), unfortunately the flickering does come back.

The only know fix for now is installing 2480 tested and works 100%.
    And we all know it's called a leak because BlackBerry did not send it OTA but most of the time there are no difference in leak and the official OS.

Once again Security Wipe, manually installing fresh apps, and not performing restore will not fix screen flickering. Give your device sometime and you will see!

 PassportSQW100-1 / 10.3.1.2480
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    Press at the same time the volume up AND down buttons and hold them for about ten seconds and you will see the phone reboot itself..

Posted via CB10
    Yes

There is now a fix for the blue led issue for users (not passport) who's settings were wiped after rebooting their phones. Hope that solves their issues as well. More happy users!

Via CB Running  PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    02-25-15 05:26 PM
    Security Wipe does not fix screen flickering! There are many who have tried your method in different threads, the flickering does not get resolved with a Security Wipe(factory reset), unfortunately the flickering does come back.

The only know fix for now is installing 2480 tested and works 100%.
    And we all know it's called a leak because BlackBerry did not send it OTA but most of the time there are no difference in leak and the official OS.

Once again Security Wipe, manually installing fresh apps, and not performing restore will not fix screen flickering. Give your device sometime and you will see!

Pretty sure I explained myself I reset the device for the rebooting not flickering.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 05:37 PM
    Pretty sure I explained myself I reset the device for the rebooting not flickering.

Posted via CB10
    Yes you are correct you've mentioned fix for random reboots.

Just making sure people don't use your method to fix screen flickering.
    The name of the thread is...

My apologies

02-25-15 05:54 PM
    Never used the Sachesi application, but the flickering was driving me nuts.

I installed in my hackintosh and after several trial an error (didn't get started to do the patch process) I tried to use another USB port in my machine, after that followed the Bla1ze instructions and voil!.

Here's how it looks the update process:

No more Flickering
    mrfreeze likes this.
    02-25-15 08:46 PM
    I've had this flickering since 2267 and the reboot the wipe does not work, I tried it on another passport With the new leak and works perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 08:52 PM
    My flickering occurred right after the I installed the update. But, I rebooted and the flickering went away.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 09:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    That method does not work on many Passports, including mine... covered at length in other threads.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 09:38 PM
    I have the same problem on my Blackberry Passport. It's Flickering like crazy. If I turn my camera on a green screen appear and flickers.
    After i did the update. I can't believe this company can do that. I am very up sad about this. I Will try to sell this phone because is drives me crazy. This experience was expensive!!!!!!!!
    02-25-15 11:29 PM
    I have the same problem on my Blackberry Passport. It's Flickering like crazy. If I turn my camera on a green screen appear and flickers.
    After i did the update. I can't believe this company can do that. I am very up sad about this. I Will try to sell this phone because is drives me crazy. This experience was expensive!!!!!!!!
    You do realize they are testing a fix right?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 11:48 PM
    I have what I believe is a NEW issue.

My work emails randomly deletes itself after a few seconds of coming in!

Also, phone calls coming in gets punted right to voicemail after one ring!!

Oh man BlackBerry fix this madness!

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 12:13 AM
    Email mclewley@blackberry.com give him your pin maybe will get OTA update to fix the issue
    Gini_iOS likes this.
    02-26-15 12:20 AM
    This thread is specifically about the flickering issue, and BlackBerry's fix. If we can keep it on topic, it'll be much more helpful to anyone visiting.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 02:27 AM
    I can say flicker has gone.

All this window and no flicker!

Sent from my white snapdragon note 4 using Tapatalk
    02-26-15 02:47 AM
    This worked for me as well, cheers

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 03:59 AM
    Leaked os 2480 made flickering done!

Posted via My Sexy and Bold Passport CB10
    02-26-15 04:43 AM