I'm planning on installing it as soon as its actually pushed to me via OTA. Just wondering if it actually has been pushed to anyone besides Z30 users yet.

I don't side-load OS leaks on my primary device.
    It's not a leak

Via CB10 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2558
    03-14-15 02:52 PM
    I got flickering after the upgrade but restarting the phone fixed it totally.
    From my pp.

Posted via CB10
    I have the original Passport from Amazon model number SQW100-1, updated using my BlackBerry link to updated it on my computer, it is 10.3.1.1581 releases. I have never install any leaks, just updated few days ago and it leaks when I used BBW and the Crackberry app. I don't this it is acceptable at all, they should take time to get it right instead of rushing it to the market. I have restart my Passport many time but it didn't solve the flickering issue at all. Can someone helped?

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 09:35 PM
    I have the original Passport from Amazon model number SQW100-1, updated using my BlackBerry link to updated it on my computer, it is 10.3.1.1581 releases. I have never install any leaks, just updated few days ago and it leaks when I used BBW and the Crackberry app. I don't this it is acceptable at all, they should take time to get it right instead of rushing it to the market. I have restart my Passport many time but it didn't solve the flickering issue at all. Can someone helped?

Posted via CB10
    It's fixed.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1006171

Via CB10 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2558
    03-14-15 10:44 PM
    the thread you pointed to is for sachesi and autoloader fix....that's technically not a fix...A fix will be an update from BlackBerry delivered to users to fix the flickering screen
    03-15-15 07:33 AM
    the thread you pointed to is for sachesi and autoloader fix....that's technically not a fix...A fix will be an update from BlackBerry delivered to users to fix the flickering screen
    Why do people even come to crackberry? To seek help? To give help? Or to just complain? I pointed to a way to fix the issue. Many people wait months for official updates from their carriers. Crackberry has been a godsend to many users who never get an update. If anyone has ever sideloaded an app, there is no excuse to not look into how to do it yourself. If not, so be it.

03-15-15 10:12 AM
    Why do people even come to crackberry? To seek help? To give help? Or to just complain? I pointed to a way to fix the issue. Many people wait months for official updates from their carriers. Crackberry has been a godsend to many users who never get an update. If anyone has ever sideloaded an app, there is no excuse to not look into how to do it yourself. If not, so be it.

I agree.
    It took only around 15 minutes to update my phone yesterday. If anyone refuses to learn how to do it then they really should stop complaining about not getting updates. It's practically handed to them on a silver platter.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    Last edited by Smokeaire; 03-15-15 at 11:59 AM.
    Legal Eagle and Pdinos3 like this.
    03-15-15 11:01 AM
    2558 is an update from BlackBerry. Now it's up to your carrier to push it to you if you want to wait. In my case, on AT&T, it will probably be months. I have not loaded it yet. Mostly due to laziness.
    03-15-15 12:03 PM
    I have the same problem, I believe it may be to do with the ambiant light sensor. I went into settings and unchecked the Brightness setting, haven't seen the flickering since. Go to settings: Quick Settings: Brightness. Hope this works for U too
    03-15-15 12:38 PM
    A little off topic but considering the multiple issues from the latest OS update, can anyone confirm if this latest update fixes a majority of the problems. I understand the flickering is the biggest of them all but what about that blue bar, the lock screen freezing when trying to unlock, low notifications sounds.

I'm going to load the latest OS this week but wanted to get some feedback first.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 06:58 PM
    A little off topic but considering the multiple issues from the latest OS update, can anyone confirm if this latest update fixes a majority of the problems. I understand the flickering is the biggest of them all but what about that blue bar, the lock screen freezing when trying to unlock, low notifications sounds.

I'm going to load the latest OS this week but wanted to get some feedback first.

Posted via CB10

10.3.1.2558 is the most solid Os i have seen ever, it fixes everything for me,
    byex likes this.
    03-15-15 07:33 PM
    I went to. 2258 the other day, I am unable to see any instances of flickering or any other issues, but the flickering was fairly intermittent for me.
    The phone does seem faster, but that could be my imagination. I never had GPS issues even on the original OS

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk 2
    03-16-15 05:24 AM
    So how does the OTA Update actually works? Does it really involve the carrier? If yes, how to explain update of device without SIM, just connected to WIFi? I've updated such way my Z10 to from 10.3.0.xxxx to 10.3.1.10xx.

My understanding is that the device connects to BlackBerry update server (through any Internet connection) and compares versions installed on device with availiable on server. If the version on the server is newer, then device proceeds with an update (through Internet connection). Am I wrong? Where is the phase for the carrier?
    03-16-15 06:02 AM
    I uploaded. 2258 autoloader from the Mega site. Took a while to download 1.5 gb, but was easy, just unzipped it and ran the. Exe file. I restored my data from BlackBerry Link file that I made right before the upgrade.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk 2
    03-16-15 07:52 AM
    Can someone do a simple YouTube video step by step on installing Sachesi (using Mac) and then installing the leak that fixes the flickering? I've installed SNAP using the chrome Playbook App Manager. Anyway to use the Playbook App Manager method to install the leak?

I search installing Sachesi on YouTube and the ones I viewed were very confusing and explained nothing. Viewing on my Q10 didn't help. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 08:37 AM
    FYI, I just did another "Check for Updates" on my Passport, and finally found one!
    So its now downloading SR 10.3.1.1779 via official OTA.
    I guess that means they're starting to roll out the update to more devices now.

(My Passport was bought via Amazon, so no carrier to get in the way.)
    nglfmark likes this.
    03-16-15 09:37 AM
    FYI, I just did another "Check for Updates" on my Passport, and finally found one!
    So its now downloading SR 10.3.1.1779 via official OTA.
    I guess that means they're starting to roll out the update to more devices now.

(My Passport was bought via Amazon, so no carrier to get in the way.)
    Same here. Was about to side load the update and I received the notice of OTA update just before I was to plug my phone into the comp.

So definitely looks like it's rolling out now.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 11:42 AM
    No more flickering!!!

But I haven't had it in a long time anyways.

Passport | Fido
    03-16-15 12:02 PM
    To all the complainers about BlackBerry and this flicker bug, turns out that not only can we refer to apples iOS 8 bug mayhem we can now compare to google's new lollipop update to certain devices.

Quote from a google fan boy:
    "many of us have waited for Android 5.0 Lollipop to reach our existing devices, there�s also a significant amount of people that would rather stick with KitKat while Google fixes the memory leak that�s plagued devices with app crashes.".

This is a common problem with software and not the end of the world. People with Nexus devices are waiting longer than others just like us so let's not make this bigger than it really is. The fixes for 10.3.1 seem to be rolling out looks like and shouldn't be much longer. :-)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 03-16-15 at 05:14 PM.
    03-16-15 04:51 PM
    Just got the OTA update for Passport now. Notifications volume and Wifi stability issues solved. Will wait a bit t check the flickering issue, it was not that bad before the update anyway.

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    03-16-15 06:14 PM
    My flickering issue solved with latest update.
    Small issues not solved like that blue bar always showing when unlocking phone, low notification volume, suggested contacts not showing when composing an email, lockscreen freezing when trying to unlock among other things.

Time to do a wipe and clean restore.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 06:35 PM
    I just did an update via OTA, no flickering so far.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 06:50 PM
    Forgot to mention, blue bar issue solved too!

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    03-16-15 07:31 PM
    Does anyone know if I have to be on 10.3.1 in order to get the .1779 update? I got the prompt to update to .1565 but resisted after reading about all the problems so I'm still on 10.3.0.
    03-17-15 07:39 AM
    Does anyone know if I have to be on 10.3.1 in order to get the .1779 update? I got the prompt to update to .1565 but resisted after reading about all the problems so I'm still on 10.3.0.
    I made the mistake to upgrade from 10.3.0 and problems started, my advice is to wait untill the OS is definitive . I want to return to 10.3.0, when none of the problems of flickering,high temp,nonresponsive unlock,etc, were present.
    03-17-15 08:12 AM
    I just got the OTA update for my BlackBerry unlocked passport on Bell mobilty.

No more flicker and volume back hi!

OS 10.3.1.2576

I only had the flicker a few times on the original 10.3.1 but really hated the low volume on notifications.

Now, all fixed

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 08:17 AM
1,055 ... 3637383940 ...