If it was really official I really don't think it would be started here on CB.

Your totally wrong and you know it so your reaching for straws.
    I myself am wrong all the time, and I admit it.

Pls give up the fight, thank you

Posted on the best phone on the planet.
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    02-28-15 10:46 PM

This thread is about the flickering on the Official OS after the OTA update. If you read the original Post:

So, 10.3.1 is out, and many of you will notice the Passport screen flickering on some apps, mainly native apps...

If you're like me, frustrated, then This is your thread!
    <snip>

Mod edit
    Passport owners see this thread
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-only-1000622/
    There is a separate thread for leaked OS. And a link is provided for it. This thread is to discuss the frequency of the flicker and to point the members to the separate thread which has the leaks. We cannot force people to load leaks nor should we get frustrated if they don't.

Suppressing the number of people affected will skew the figures. And make it appear as if the problem is trivial. The same is true in the leak threads where people who load the leaks (and act as beta testers) should not be suppressed otherwise member of CB (and maybe even BlackBerry) cannot gauge if the problem is fixed. Sadly, the ones who do report issues in the leak threads are sometimes dismissed/ignored. These few will eventually escalate to many when the leak is eventually rolled out as Official OTA updates.

With that let me add that I am in the leaked.10.3.1.2840 for a few days and so far no flickering. SMS message still "flicker" but it's not an issue since it automatically fixes itself after a split second. The green screen on the camera is also not appearing anymore.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 11:43 PM

CB reported the official roll out of 10.3.1 starting quite a few hours before I received any such official notification from BlackBerry.

So yes, in fact, word of the official release was learned by many here first. And, in further fact, by the time I received official notice of available update from BlackBerry I'd read enough here about the problems with it that I have still chosen not to install it.

Still waiting for official BlackBerry fix, which in all likelihood will be reported somewhere first here on CB.

That aside, I do appreciate the experts here sharing leaks and explaining how to use them... just not for me at this time.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 11:45 PM
    Screen flickering in native calendar app and countdown back to 1995 (which I stopped manually). Black screens and so on. I'm lucky I kept my old LG. BlackBerry needs to fix their latest update a.s.a.p. I love the hardware but the OS is not up to acceptable standards.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 03:47 AM
    I have this problem on facebook

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 04:48 AM
    I am one of the fortunate ones which might be the majority but we will never know. Flickering really bad in many app including hub and settings. A couple of hard resets and now zero flickering. I have tried most if not all of the apps mentioned in the 38+ pages and not a single flicker. I don't have all the apps mentioned but almost. I was also fortunate to not have the need to apply the fix. Still on stock os 2267/1581.

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    03-01-15 06:08 AM
    Flickering is dead after updating to os 10.3.1.2480

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 06:43 AM
    Flickering is dead after updating to os 10.3.1.2480

Posted via CB10
    Nooooooooooo!!

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-01-15 06:54 AM
    It's returned to facebook. Closed the app. Returns again.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 08:17 AM
    Thanks but like some, am reluctant to try out leaks. The flickering is not that bad on my passport and if it gets any worse I'll go ahead and load up the leak

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 08:36 AM
    Thanks but like some, am reluctant to try out leaks. The flickering is not that bad on my passport and if it gets any worse I'll go ahead and load up the leak

Posted via CB10
    I was reluctant to load this as I haven't even used a Blackberry in over 5 years. However I decided to give it try. I backed up my Passport, and went for it. Following the directions, with Sachesi, made it simple. Give it a try. There some nice new features in this leak. Just don�t forget to backup your phone first, it's insurance.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    03-01-15 09:02 AM
    I was reluctant to load this as I haven't even used a Blackberry in over 5 years. However I decided to give it try. I backed up my Passport, and went for it. Following the directions, with Sachesi, made it simple. Give it a try. There some nice new features in this leak. Just don�t forget to backup your phone first, it's insurance.

I wish that many who can, do this. It sure beats waiting. And we all hate to wait.

Via CB Running  PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    Ecm likes this.
    03-01-15 09:15 AM
    I've done leaks before and it's the inconvenience of having to set everything up again that annoys me. Wouldn't be as so painful if all my contacts backed up in one place but I keep losing contacts as certain important people won't back up as it's linked to another.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 09:18 AM
    I've done leaks before and it's the inconvenience of having to set everything up again that annoys me. Wouldn't be as so painful if all my contacts backed up in one place but I keep losing contacts as certain important people won't back up as it's linked to another.

Posted via CB10
    The fix is done through Sachesi , and it's non destructive
    03-01-15 09:20 AM
    I was reluctant to load this as I haven't even used a Blackberry in over 5 years. However I decided to give it try. I backed up my Passport, and went for it. Following the directions, with Sachesi, made it simple. Give it a try. There some nice new features in this leak. Just don’t forget to backup your phone first, it's insurance.

Good for you. Fortune favours the Bold. (No pun intended.)

For those like you who will read/follow the instructions as written, it's a solid fix.
    anon(9208252) and Pdinos3 like this.
    03-01-15 09:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    I just installed this leak without a wipe. Didn't have to redo a thing.

tmoore3496 likes this.
    03-01-15 09:23 AM
    Never had Flicker till latest update

Posted from my Z30
    03-01-15 09:30 AM
    I saw the flicker right after I installed the update, but then not again until last night when it hit the camera app. Oddly it only affected the front facing (selfie) camera. As far as I could tell it didn't affect any other applications (though I didn't test them all) . It went away with a reboot of the phone.

If it continues to happen only sporadically I won't really mind it as a minor inconvenience, but for those experiencing it more frequently, I can see how it would be maddening. I hope that BlackBerry fixes it ASAP.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 09:43 AM
    CB reported the official roll out of 10.3.1 starting quite a few hours before I received any such official notification from BlackBerry.

So yes, in fact, word of the official release was learned by many here first. And, in further fact, by the time I received official notice of available update from BlackBerry I'd read enough here about the problems with it that I have still chosen not to install it.

Still waiting for official BlackBerry fix, which in all likelihood will be reported somewhere first here on CB.

That aside, I do appreciate the experts here sharing leaks and explaining how to use them... just not for me at this time.

Posted via CB10
    I highly doubt that BlackBerry will come out with an official fix, they will wait for months and try to fix all problems in one OS, so if you want to sit around and wait that's totally your call.
    And yes this thread was started to talk about the flicker, but then the fix was leaked and now this thread is about both topics, but for sure this thread is not about people who don't want to load a leak or the fix, if the people that don't believe in leaks want a place to talk about problems they should just start there own thread and keep that thread on topic.
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    03-01-15 09:50 AM
    What a shame. Yesterday, I wanted to show my buddy a video I made with Passport. Started the video-app and movie started to flicker in green!

Hopefully BB comes with an official fix for that. What a shame yesterday. Facebook app also.
    03-01-15 09:53 AM
    the fix is clearly forthcoming. it is already available as a leak.

plently of threads about it.

Posted via CBX
    03-01-15 09:55 AM
    What a shame. Yesterday, I wanted to show my buddy a video I made with Passport. Started the video-app and movie started to flicker in green!

Hopefully BB comes with an official fix for that. What a shame yesterday. Facebook app also.

Yes it's a terrible thing when your trying to promote BB and that happens, that's why i have done the fix from the other leak, its non destructive and it made my device perfect, hopefully BB fixes this for all you people that won't try and fix it yourselves.
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    03-01-15 09:57 AM
    It's a shame that people will "sideload" snap or "sideload" Google play store, but are reluctant to "sideload" 70 files that will 100% fix the problem.
    SMH

03-01-15 09:58 AM
    It's a shame that people will "sideload" snap or "sideload" Google play store, but are reluctant to "sideload" 70 files that will 100% fix the problem.
    SMH

Quick question:
    What if we load these files and follow the instructions to fix, then an official update comes out to fix afterwards and we want to update to the official update. What do we need to know to do that? I have never done a leak but would love to try but want to know what problems I may have in the future or going from leak to official again. Appreciate any pros info thx.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 10:38 AM
    Quick question:
    What if we load these files and follow the instructions to fix, then an official update comes out to fix afterwards and we want to update to the official update. What do we need to know to do that? I have never done a leak but would love to try but want to know what problems I may have in the future or going from leak to official again. Appreciate any pros info thx.

Posted via CB10
    The official fix is most likely to be the same as the "unofficial" fix. If it turns out to be newer, you'll be prompted to update.
    03-01-15 10:41 AM
1,055 ... 2930313233 ...