Thankss!!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 06:02 AM
    I am on 10.3.1565 and I am getting a lot of flickering. From settings to facebook to bbm...
    On my passport btw
    02-25-15 07:20 AM
    I am on 10.3.1565 and I am getting a lot of flickering. From settings to facebook to bbm...
    On my passport btw
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1000622

Via CB Running  PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    02-25-15 07:25 AM
    Yeah! People should really try the fix BB sent!
    It seems to really works...

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 07:34 AM
    I updated to .2480 and I still have a slight flicker when I open up some apps. More of a stutter. I have not had the full flickering of the screen to off and on and off. Moving in the right direction.
    02-25-15 07:52 AM
    I updated to .2480 and I still have a slight flicker when I open up some apps. More of a stutter. I have not had the full flickering of the screen to off and on and off. Moving in the right direction.
    That's not a flicker then. A lot of apps open and show a black screen first.

Demansy likes this.
    02-25-15 07:59 AM
    When I open some apps not all the time I do get a stutter, but I don't think it is flickering. The app works fine after, I do not have to close and reopen the app to sort the stutter. It simply goes away! It only happens when opening some apps and not all the time.

Nothing to worry...

 PassportSQW100-1 / 10.3.1.2480
    Pdinos3 and Demansy like this.
    02-25-15 08:13 AM
    Ok just got flickering after opening up Insta10 and my device's screen rotated by accident and the flickering stopped! Turned it up right again and the flickering started again! Rotated screen and it stopped again!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 09:21 AM
    Short of sideloading a partial update, is there anything we can do to the Passport's settings that will ehlp?
    02-25-15 09:24 AM
    Ok just got flickering after opening up Insta10 and my device's screen rotated by accident and the flickering stopped! Turned it up right again and the flickering started again! Rotated screen and it stopped again!

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1000622

02-25-15 09:30 AM
    I'm on a BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.1581

I updated because I had some issues and I thought that maybe with the update it would be fixed. Well, phone was working fine, no flickering, I said, "woohoo! I lucked out!" Well, I'm on WhatsApp and I try to send a picture, so when the camera opens up, it starts flickering green (note: it's the back facing camera, does NOT happen with the front facing camera) So I took a selfie to see if it would flicker green and it didn't.

I was about to log onto CrackBerry from my phone when it starts flickering like CRAZY making it impossible to even navigate through the app (I'm on my laptop trying this) I had checked CB before hand (before opening my camera) and everything was fine, I guess opening my camera triggered it.

I restart the phone and everything seems fine, I opened the camera to see if anything flickered (everything looks good), I opened the camera via whatsapp (it all looked good too), CB seems to be working fine as well.

Hopefully it doesn't happen again, because it was a HUGE turnoff, this being my first BB device and reading all these lovely things about it and to have this defective software update just wasn't my cup of tea. I immediately thought back to my HTC ONE and how none of this has ever happened. Hopefully an update rolls out ASAP, and fixes these issues. If not, I will return my Passport (which I lovED)
    02-25-15 10:04 AM
    Another addition. After upgrade to 10.3.1.1565 seeing flickering in apps. This was official update....feeling disappointed as passport is branded as front runner in BlackBerry portfolio.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 10:10 AM
    I'm on a BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.1581

I updated because I had some issues and I thought that maybe with the update it would be fixed. Well, phone was working fine, no flickering, I said, "woohoo! I lucked out!" Well, I'm on WhatsApp and I try to send a picture, so when the camera opens up, it starts flickering green (note: it's the back facing camera, does NOT happen with the front facing camera) So I took a selfie to see if it would flicker green and it didn't.

I was about to log onto CrackBerry from my phone when it starts flickering like CRAZY making it impossible to even navigate through the app (I'm on my laptop trying this) I had checked CB before hand (before opening my camera) and everything was fine, I guess opening my camera triggered it.

I restart the phone and everything seems fine, I opened the camera to see if anything flickered (everything looks good), I opened the camera via whatsapp (it all looked good too), CB seems to be working fine as well.

Hopefully it doesn't happen again, because it was a HUGE turnoff, this being my first BB device and reading all these lovely things about it and to have this defective software update just wasn't my cup of tea. I immediately thought back to my HTC ONE and how none of this has ever happened. Hopefully an update rolls out ASAP, and fixes these issues. If not, I will return my Passport (which I lovED)

Remember when a company release an update there are bound to be some bugs the subsequent updates usually fixes this.

Link below has the fix for the flickering!

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-only-1000622/

Pdinos3 likes this.
    02-25-15 10:11 AM
    LOL! After some flickering, it also happens that sometimes you have a "Black screen" by opening up an app!

I opened up browser or facebook. Black screen. By swiping up to make it an active screen, it turns out okay and you can see the app. tapping the app so it gets fullscreen? Black Screen!

Fix that too, Blackberry! MY passport feels crappy after that update. No premium or proud anymore. Feels like holding a crappy Android with the low notification and flickering, FFS!
    02-25-15 10:12 AM
    Remember when a company release an update there are bound to be some bugs the subsequent updates usually fixes this.

Link below has the fix for the flickering!

From my experience the updates performed on my past devices, the bugs have never been this major; actually, I can't think of a single bug right now, if there was one I didn't notice it.

I'll check out the link, but it's upsetting that WE have to take care of this and not BB sending out an update. Meh, I'm honestly over it, I'm not proud of this phone anymore, or excited, it all truly went away. I might be a bit dramatic right now, but I wanted this phone for SO LONG and to have this happen, it just wasn't worth it.
    02-25-15 10:18 AM
    LOL! After some flickering, it also happens that sometimes you have a "Black screen" by opening up an app!

I opened up browser or facebook. Black screen. By swiping up to make it an active screen, it turns out okay and you can see the app. tapping the app so it gets fullscreen? Black Screen!

Fix that too, Blackberry! MY passport feels crappy after that update. No premium or proud anymore. Feels like holding a crappy Android with the low notification and flickering, FFS!

Here is the FIX!!!

Pdinos3 likes this.
    02-25-15 10:19 AM
    From my experience the updates performed on my past devices, the bugs have never been this major; actually, I can't think of a single bug right now, if there was one I didn't notice it.

I'll check out the link, but it's upsetting that WE have to take care of this and not BB sending out an update. Meh, I'm honestly over it, I'm not proud of this phone anymore, or excited, it all truly went away. I might be a bit dramatic right now, but I wanted this phone for SO LONG and to have this happen, it just wasn't worth it.
    It is dramatic. BlackBerry will be releasing a OTA fix soon, but in the meantime this is a very simple process.
    Pdinos3 and bungaboy like this.
    02-25-15 10:20 AM
    Another addition. After upgrade to 10.3.1.1565 seeing flickering in apps. This was official update....feeling disappointed as passport is branded as front runner in BlackBerry portfolio.

Posted via CB10
    Here is the FIX!

02-25-15 10:21 AM

It's easy for us to complain but we'll know the struggle and pain when we run a company.

BlackBerry will release an update to fix this, it's up to you to try out the leak.

02-25-15 10:22 AM
    It's easy for us to complain but we'll know the struggle and pain when we run a company.

BlackBerry will release an update to fix this, it's up to you to try out the leak.

Other companies have been doing just fine. If it's painful and is a struggle, then they're in the wrong business and should shut down.
    02-25-15 10:26 AM
    SMH. Isn't that what Crackberry is all about? Finding help for users with issues? There is help. There are threads explaining the easy process. I didn't realize is was JUST a site for people to come and crap all over BlackBerry. They screwed up, there's a fix. It'll of course be pushed out OTA eventually. But if you can't wait, it's here so you can get it resolved before everyone else does.

anon(5990673) likes this.
    02-25-15 10:27 AM
    If you can, load the update Bla1ze posted. It works.

BLΛCKBΣЯЯY PΛSSPӨЯŦ
    02-25-15 10:30 AM
    Thnaks for the link, Sir.

But leaks, sachseei or hacks are not an option or me. Don't wanna void my warranty and I have no clue, nor do I want to make thing complicated. Waiting for an official update form BlackBerry Corps!

But thanks for the kind attempt to help.
    XOrlando and Gini_iOS like this.
    02-25-15 10:32 AM
    Other companies have been doing just fine. If it's painful and is a struggle, then they're in the wrong business and should shut down.
    Really. You obviously haven't read an Apple forum after they release major updates.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 10:36 AM
    Thnaks for the link, Sir.

But leaks, sachseei or hacks are not an option or me. Don't wanna void my warranty and I have no clue, nor do I want to make thing complicated. Waiting for an official update form BlackBerry Corps!

But thanks for the kind attempt to help.
    I understand your hesitation. But even Michael Clewley has been referencing the "leak" on his Twitter account.

I think the fact they have acknowledged and resolved the issue in the Beta build means they are listening.

Things take time to come down, so if your are going to stay on the "official" builds than you might as well just wait for a while.

The only fix is an update, so any other talk is moot. I'm not trying to be harsh, it's just the reality.

The OFFICIAL "Flickering" thread after 10.3.1 update-2015-02-25_11-43-22.png

Edit: Needed to add the ONLY fix for those who don't read back.

02-25-15 10:44 AM
1,055 ... 2324252627 ...