And the current advice from Michael Clewley at BB is

"As a workaround for the Passport flickering issue we've seen a daily reset reduce the amount it happens"

Why didn't we think of that !!!
    02-23-15 08:45 AM
    My Blackberry Passport is flickering also! In every program! It started when I updated to 10.3.1.1565 . It's terrible!
    02-23-15 08:47 AM
    I'm happy to be on 2267 been using it for over a week now, only problem for is the occasional flickering not that of a bother!
    I'm one of the lucky ones who has only had minimal flickering issues with every leaked 10.3.1

Best combination I have found is .2243 with .1955 updated apps and .2073 Radio.

Running great for me on Vodafone UK
    02-23-15 08:48 AM
    I'm one of the lucky ones who has only had minimal flickering issues with every leaked 10.3.1

Best combination I have found is .2243 with .1955 updated apps and .2073 Radio.

Running great for me on Vodafone UK
    I was running the combo exactly as you've mentioned above and I did experience very minimal flickering.

Then 2267 Links went live before the official OTA update, decided to install the leak. The rate of flickering for me seems to be the same as when I was on 2243 but the battery life on 2243 was amazing compared to 2267.
    02-23-15 09:48 AM
    I was running the combo exactly as you've mentioned above and I did experience very minimal flickering.

Then 2267 Links went live before the official OTA update, decided to install the leak. The rate of flickering for me seems to be the same as when I was on 2243 but the battery life on 2243 was amazing compared to 2267.
    Not tried .2267 as when it leaked it had flicker and I didn't want to potentially take a step backwards OS wise.

Oddly, .2243 had horrible battery life for me until I dropped the .2073 radio into it.
    02-23-15 09:54 AM
    I really Hope this is fixed soon , just experience the flickering, did a restart which cleared it temporarily I guess.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 09:59 AM
    Not tried .2267 as when it leaked it had flicker and I didn't want to potentially take a step backwards OS wise.

Oddly, .2243 had horrible battery life for me until I dropped the .2073 radio into it.
    Lets say I've reached a point where I do not want to fiddle with me Passport anymore

Hope we receive the proper 10.3.1 update soon !!!
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    02-23-15 10:08 AM
    It looks from Clewley's tweet that BB is on to this problem now. Too late, I agree, but at least there's some light at the end of the tunnel. Meanwhile, the temporizing solution proposed by Clewley of doing a hard reboot per day doesn't seem so burdensome. I've generally rebooted my Mac and Windows computers every couple of days, and the reboot time on a PP with 10.3.1 is pretty fast.

It's unlikely we're going to make further progress with this problem until BB finds a fix with an OS release, no matter how many more posts we make here.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    02-23-15 11:02 AM
    All the folk sending logs and being helpful - looks like our work will pay off.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 11:09 AM
    I only did two hard reboots right after the flickering started after updating on Thursday night. No flickering since.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    02-23-15 11:29 AM
    It looks from Clewley's tweet that BB is on to this problem now. Too late, I agree, but at least there's some light at the end of the tunnel. Meanwhile, the temporizing solution proposed by Clewley of doing a hard reboot per day doesn't seem so burdensome. I've generally rebooted my Mac and Windows computers every couple of days, and the reboot time on a PP with 10.3.1 is pretty fast.

It's unlikely we're going to make further progress with this problem until BB finds a fix with an OS release, no matter how many more posts we make here.
    I do a reboot of my Passport every night before I go to bed (old habit). Doesn't help the flicker at all.

I posted in another thread a few videos showing how the flicker stops when you rotate the Passport to landscape, or if a notification pops down from the top. Also, as soon the virtual keyboard rows show up when you start typing it will stop flickering.

It may trigger in an unpredictable way, but it definitely behaves very predictably. Almost as if there's an issue with some extra rendering layers allowed when the device is held upright, which are not allowed when it's landscape (like the virtual keyboard rows, for example).

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 11:50 AM
    I do a reboot of my Passport every night before I go to bed (old habit). Doesn't help the flicker at all.

I posted in another thread a few videos showing how the flicker stops when you rotate the Passport to landscape, or if a notification pops down from the top. Also, as soon the virtual keyboard rows show up when you start typing it will stop flickering.

It may trigger in an unpredictable way, but it definitely behaves very predictably. Almost as if there's an issue with some extra rendering layers allowed when the device is held upright, which are not allowed when it's landscape (like the virtual keyboard rows, for example).

Posted via CB10
    I haven't had a flicker for over a week, but will definitely try the rotation if it occurs and report back.
    02-23-15 12:11 PM
    Over 3 days no flickering. Downgraded to 2243 which is a POS that drained my battery. Then let blackberry push the new update. It was about 460mb. I already had the 1955 apps. So far so good
    02-23-15 12:40 PM
    Thought I were the only one with this problem, and there was some physical problem even though I treat the passport like a b�nh!
    My Amazon passport randomly flickers when using many programs including Settings, CB10, PicMix, File Manager. The problem does not happen to my Q10.
    Both the devices got the official 10.3.1 update few days ago, no leaks were ever loaded.
    Btw I'm updating to 10.3.1.1581 hoping that the issue has been resolved.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 02:15 PM
    To everyone reading this and trying to sort this out: it's not simply a display driver bug (it might be), but with my Passport locked and playing music last night (Music app from BB that comes pre-installed) with the screen off, I woke up to a lot of stuttering/skipping. Went to my Passport, woke it up, went into the Music app - voila, it was flickering, and the stuttering in the music playback happened almost in sync with the screen flicker.

Can anyone else confirm this? I get no flickering or music stuttering with Spotify's Android app but in the basic Music app that comes with the phone, there is music stuttering whenever the app flickers.

Other findings:

- Screen flickering/music stuttering will happen on full charge and when battery is low
    - Issue only seen in BlackBerry apps and BlackBerry OS, it hasn't happened to me when running Android apps
    - Issue will happen inside minimized apps, even when you can't see it, even when the screen is turned off
    Can anyone else confirm this? (bump)
    02-23-15 02:49 PM
    Im on 10,3,1,1581. Two days after, my Passport started flickering mainly on whatsapp and camera.
    02-23-15 02:52 PM
    I went for a link OS restore! And all the darn flickering is gone!

Nyone else tried that?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 02:58 PM

Nyone else tried that?

Posted via CB10
    same here, reload of the OS helped, at least for now
    02-23-15 03:13 PM
    Can anyone else confirm this? (bump)

Won't be of much help to anyone, but I have been keeping a log for 2 months on this problem and about all I can confirm is that:
    -does not matter if battery is low OR fully charged
    -does NOT seem to be android app related (all mine occur with BB apps altho, I have only a few android apps)
    -does indeed happen within minimized apps
    -with each iteration of 10.3.1.xxxx I seem to have less and less flickering. (now averaging 1 episode every 5-6 days)
    -started out for me that I had to reboot my device because it was so bad, now with the latest OS, I just have to back out of the app and then restart it.

Sorry, that's all I got! Everything is super-random.
    02-23-15 03:30 PM
    It occurred after I tested out the new 10.3.1 camera.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    02-23-15 03:36 PM
    Never seen it with 10.3.0 or earlier.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    02-23-15 03:42 PM
    Could be a touch screen issue, download Yet Another Touch Test (YATT) from Play Store. Select touch test, put one or two thumb flat on the screen and see what happens.
    02-23-15 03:46 PM

Nyone else tried that?

Posted via CB10
    I did and it got worse within hours after fresh restore!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 04:02 PM
    Could be a touch screen issue, download Yet Another Touch Test (YATT) from Play Store. Select touch test, put one or two thumb flat on the screen and see what happens.
    Nothing strange happened here,all in norms

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 04:03 PM
    I have 10.3.1581 an no troubles here (knock on wood). It actually seems snappier.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 04:08 PM
1,055 ... 2021222324 ...