The flickers only happened one time for each app, after reboot the problem disappeared until another flicker appears on another app... Never found the flicker appear two times on one app so far..

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 10:17 AM
    I purchased the Passport from Shopblackberry and running on T-Mo LTE in Dallas. No probs with the OTA 10.3.1 upgrade I received yesterday. Had flickering after install..did a hard reboot and let phone settle overnight. Running great now but does anyone know how I get Dark Theme hub?

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 10:26 AM
    My screen flickers and half the screen is green when in camera

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 10:31 AM
    My phone installed the update this morning, I guess I failed to disable auto updates. I wasn't going to risk it after reading about the issues but so far so good. Does anyone know why some phones are affected and others aren't?

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 10:38 AM
    My phone installed the update this morning, I guess I failed to disable auto updates. I wasn't going to risk it after reading about the issues but so far so good. Does anyone know why some phones are affected and others aren't?

Posted via CB10
    Even if you still have no issues, doesn't mean you won't have them in a few days My Passport also auto-updated and issues have arrived 3 days later
    02-22-15 11:15 AM
    Even if you still have no issues, doesn't mean you won't have them in a few days My Passport also auto-updated and issues have arrived 3 days later
    And in the same vein, just because your Passport got the issue three days later doesn't mean others will.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    02-22-15 11:20 AM
    Flickering is observed in text msgs only. Apart from that never had issue. The device is passport.
    Camera, intact I see improvements than earlier OS update.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 11:22 AM
    Ha ha yeah cause that's what Apple does eh!? Lol. Dude apple puts out updates all the time with more crippling side effects than a flicker. I don't like it either but it's the second day and it's minor so sit on your hands and wait for the fix or restore to a backup. No need to act like your the king and off with their heads! Lol

Posted via CB10
    One big major difference between Apple and Blackberry is that, when Apple finds out a a very critical bug or vulnerability, it directly pushes the relevant update within 2 days maximum directly to the customers, on the other hand, Blackbery's updates are waited for months and generally upon the carrier approval. Do you really believe that BB shall be able to fix this issue immediately by pushing an update within 1 week or so ? I personally don't from my past experiences. Those who purchased brand new "bugged" AT&T Passports shall have to wait much longer and they do not deserve that. Wait and see.
    02-22-15 11:33 AM
    For everyone that has flickering issue, did you install a leak and then the official update? Or were you on the stock OS and then updated?

From what I am read it seems that anyone that went from non-leak to the latest update has no issues, and anyone going from leak to latest update has issues.

Posted via CB10
    Just got the flickering after installing official leak. I'm on an unlocked pp from shopblackberry in ny on att.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 11:34 AM
    I have experienced the flickering on igrann and camera PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243 also since the update a game I played now crashes all the time ice age adventures android app. Didn't before.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 11:37 AM
    What I want to know is this:

Is the opdated os the same as released on the att passport?

And are people on the att passport experiencing flickering as well?

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 11:43 AM
    What I want to know is this:

Is the opdated os the same as released on the att passport?

And are people on the att passport experiencing flickering as well?

Posted via CB10
    Yes it is, and yes they are.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 11:44 AM
    Believe me, I will post an update should any issues arise. I'm just wondering if the problems are somehow related to unofficial leaks and/or phones that have quite a few native apps installed?

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 11:46 AM
    ATT with 1581 yesterday fine but few flicks using megaupload app today to get google service thing from cobalt... nowhere else noted
    02-22-15 11:47 AM
    Not sure if someone already provided this, but here is a reproducible way to get flickering:

Enter native camera app

Record a video, any resolution and any frame rate

Stop video

The camera viewer should be flickering with a green screen.

To stop flickering:

Open the video you just recorded from within the camera app

Return to camera mode.

I'm running 10.3.1.1581 on the passport.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 12:08 PM
    The hub flickers for me! While reading/replying to text messages specifically

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 12:10 PM
    Not sure if someone already provided this, but here is a reproducible way to get flickering:

Enter native camera app

Stop video

To stop flickering:

Return to camera mode.

Posted via CB10
    Couldn't reproduce. 51 hours of flicker free enjoyment. It's bound to happen again, but I'm enjoying the ride.
    02-22-15 12:17 PM

Enter native camera app

Stop video

To stop flickering:

Return to camera mode.

Posted via CB10
    Negative. Tried that but no flickering
    I think I've tried everything so I'm pretty sure I am safe from the flicker bug. (knock on wood). Lol. Oh and my notification sounds are fine as well.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 12:20 PM

Enter native camera app

Stop video

To stop flickering:

Return to camera mode.

Posted via CB10
    No flickering on mine using that method.

The 460+ posts on this thread serve to demonstrate the pervasiveness and also the randomness of flicker on the Passport.

It seems to make no difference which Passport (factory unlocked or ATT branded) or which OS (although perhaps worse on 10.3.1 than 10.3.0), or whether it is a leaked OS or official release (given that there is no difference for any given release number), or whether the OS is installed via autoload, with or without additional security wipe, or via OTA/Sachesi nondestructive load, or whether the apps/radio/OS are hybridized, or whether there are multiple screens running, or if some of those screens are Android and some native apps, or whether the battery percentage is high or low.

About the only consistent finding is that if flicker occurs, if can be eliminated for a period of several minutes to several hours to several days, again randomly, by doing a hard reboot (hold both the up and down volume buttons until the BlackBerry logo appears). It also seems that OS 2267 is at least slightly less vulnerable to flicker than earlier 10.3.1 versions.

It is not my place to call a halt to additional reports of flickering on this thread--maybe there is still new information that would be helpful to the BlackBerry engineers in eliminating this bug. But it seems to me that there is no longer any doubt that there some interaction or set of interactions between the software and the Passport hardware that is producing this annoying phenomenon. It is unlikely to be either hardware alone (or why would a hard reboot always temporarily stop the flickering?) or the software alone (or why wouldn't the flickering occur in the other BB models?). This is reminiscent of the frequent spontaneous rebooting that occurred in the Z10 models when they first came out, using OS 10.0.0.xxxx but which now only occurs rarely on either the Z10 or the Passport (those are the devices I have--maybe it happens with others, as well).

The bottom line for me is that Blackberry should take the abundant information available to it from this thread and others, along with the logs provided to the BB product manager, Michael Clewley (sp?), and make this their #1 priority, now that AT&T is actively selling BlackBerrys again. As others have said here, Apple would be on to a problem like this in a minute, even if there would be no guarantee that they would solve it immediately.
    02-22-15 12:44 PM
    Sorry... cannot confirm... No flickering...

Enter native camera app

Stop video

To stop flickering:

Return to camera mode.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 12:50 PM
    Hi my wife has a Passport as well and the notification sound had reduced on hers but not on mine. I compared her volume settings had "Always adjust Media Volume " at on. When I selected this to off her phone notifications were normal again. It may or may not work with everyone but check it out. Cheers.
    02-22-15 12:56 PM
    If this flickering is reproducible & intractable, the att sales will never go forth beyond a few dozen samples as they will pull it... the fact is att sells AIR & will give out free hardware if you buy AIR (much of which is not consumed)... if the hardware displeases customers who walk through the mall, they will take a deal from the first kiosk they encounter & the BlackBerry fone will wind up in the landfill...
    No flickering on mine using that method.

The 460+ posts on this thread serve to demonstrate the pervasiveness and also the randomness of flicker on the Passport.

It seems to make no difference which Passport (factory unlocked or ATT branded) or which OS (although perhaps worse on 10.3.1 than 10.3.0), or whether it is a leaked OS or official release (given that there is no difference for any given release number), or whether the OS is installed via autoload, with or without additional security wipe, or via OTA/Sachesi nondestructive load, or whether the apps/radio/OS are hybridized, or whether there are multiple screens running, or if some of those screens are Android and some native apps, or whether the battery percentage is high or low.

About the only consistent finding is that if flicker occurs, if can be eliminated for a period of several minutes to several hours to several days, again randomly, by doing a hard reboot (hold both the up and down volume buttons until the BlackBerry logo appears). It also seems that OS 2267 is at least slightly less vulnerable to flicker than earlier 10.3.1 versions.

It is not my place to call a halt to additional reports of flickering on this thread--maybe there is still new information that would be helpful to the BlackBerry engineers in eliminating this bug. But it seems to me that there is no longer any doubt that there some interaction or set of interactions between the software and the Passport hardware that is producing this annoying phenomenon. It is unlikely to be either hardware alone (or why would a hard reboot always temporarily stop the flickering?) or the software alone (or why wouldn't the flickering occur in the other BB models?). This is reminiscent of the frequent spontaneous rebooting that occurred in the Z10 models when they first came out, using OS 10.0.0.xxxx but which now only occurs rarely on either the Z10 or the Passport (those are the devices I have--maybe it happens with others, as well).

The bottom line for me is that Blackberry should take the abundant information available to it from this thread and others, along with the logs provided to the BB product manager, Michael Clewley (sp?), and make this their #1 priority, now that AT&T is actively selling BlackBerrys again. As others have said here, Apple would be on to a problem like this in a minute, even if there would be no guarantee that they would solve it immediately.
    02-22-15 12:57 PM
    I submit this must be TASK #1 since all eyes are on BlackBerry due to all their own generated hype & brinkmanship surrounding the roll-out of 10.3.1 to all devices at once (ill advised IMHO).... if they don't fix this, many will turn their backs on BlackBerry not the least of which would be auto makers who don't want a recall for the BlackBerry engineering in their cars... this could deal a deathblow to BlackBerry !! For my own part, my update went without trouble yesterday & only flicker seen was with megaupload, a minor item.
    02-22-15 01:06 PM
    Pretty certain there is no consistent way to replicate the glitch.

It's probably a display driver bug - could pop up at any time.

Posted via CB10
    dkonigs likes this.
    02-22-15 01:09 PM
    If this flickering is reproducible & intractable, the att sales will never go forth beyond a few dozen samples as they will pull it... the fact is att sells AIR & will give out free hardware if you buy AIR (much of which is not consumed)... if the hardware displeases customers who walk through the mall, they will take a deal from the first kiosk they encounter & the BlackBerry fone will wind up in the landfill...
    I don't think it's that simple with AT&T in terms of sales of the BB devices. My local AT&T Store was sold out of the Passports yesterday, and they won't stop selling a great phone like the Passport (or the Classic) now that they have made a commitment.

What it does mean, though, is that AT&T tech support will be inundated with support calls from non-techie, non-CB-type customers, and will in turn put pressure on BlackBerry to come up with a fix.
    02-22-15 01:11 PM
1,055 ... 1718192021 ...