I also have flickering on some apps, mainly in settings.

Phone: Passport

N95->ip1->N97->9700->ip4->sensation xe->one x->s3->9780->note2->z10->z30->passport
    02-22-15 03:57 AM
    Sorry I should have mentioned that I also installed the 2268 Radio
    02-22-15 04:22 AM
    Thanks a lot for the video, paxtonbt! I was wondering what this flickering issue was that everyone was talking about. That looks very unsettling. I hope BlackBerry fixes it quickly. Looks like a GPU driver issue to me.
    02-22-15 04:31 AM
    No probs at all with my update here in Belfast 10.3.1.1565.? Z10 is the same!! improved camera speed, alarm etc just perfect.
    02-22-15 05:25 AM
    Alrightie, this info may or may not be useful. My brother and I both have BlackBerry Passports, my brother's passport doesn't flicker, he sticks to all official updates and doesn't fiddle with his device a lot but I install leaks and fiddle with my device a lot, and my device is effected with screen flicker. It looks like only certain devices are plagued with screen flicker.

Not saying installing leaks have a hand in this issue, thought i'd share my observations.

And I'm sure BlackBerry will fix this. We just have to be patient and support BlackBerry as much as we can.

 Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.1.2267
    I got my device brand new from amazon a few days ago and updated to the newest OTA release and still had flickering. For some reason it has gone away for a day or two now, but I'm not complaining!
    02-22-15 05:47 AM
    Gosh, my flickering started after 3 or 4 days of usage. Anyone knows if full reinstall of SO will help? Thanks in advance
    02-22-15 06:06 AM
    Gosh, my flickering started after 3 or 4 days of usage. Anyone knows if full reinstall of SO will help? Thanks in advance
    i guess not, it's a very disturbing bug that only blackberry can fix
    bb10_fan likes this.
    02-22-15 06:28 AM
    I'm facing the same screen flickering problem

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 06:34 AM
    Downloaded new OS, US version, directly from BlackBerry.. had some initial flickering, restarted the phone... appears to be completely gone

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 06:54 AM
    A brand new product coming with a flickering bug is totally unacceptable. Blackberry should immediately recall these devices or update it immediately.
    02-22-15 07:31 AM
    I thought I wasn't getting my update cause my phone is unlocked on Telus so I called and turns out that they have only released the 10.3.1 update for the Z10 and Q10. I am hoping that Telus is on top of the issue and will release the update after the glitches have been addressed. Are all of you guys reporting on an official update to the Passport cause its not available from Telus in Windsor, Ontario?

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 07:44 AM
    T-Mobile / Germany released the buggy OS officially.
    With all the bugs and all the glitches.

That drives me mad is, that although the bugs are known, blackberry still Forces users to update.
    They should stop the updates, fix the bugs (max 3 days) and then release it without the bugs.
    02-22-15 08:04 AM
    I installed 10.3.1 Thursday night. No issues at all, except two apps (Cobalt's Play store and Shao's Homescreen Plus) needed to be uninstalled and reinstalled to get them to work. Had to do the same a second time for Homescreen Plus to regularly update the screen. But no flickering till yesterday afternoon.

I opened my CB app and got the flickering and black screen. I exited, waited a second to be sure it had fully closed, then restarted CB and it worked properly. With our predicted 4-8" of snow, I had to get pics of the 12+' on my picnic table. So, I opened my camera app and got massive flickering. Like the CB app, exiting and restarting the camera app fixed it. I've opened other apps since then. No flickering on anything else and no repeats on those two.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    02-22-15 08:10 AM
    I made the update to the latest OS for the Passport to 10.3.1.2267. Security Wiped first and all was smooth. I then installed Beta Zone and started to update WhatsApp (since there is a newer version compared to BlackBerry World). I then installed Aconex from Snap. A few seconds later... crazy "Flickering". It was mental. Eventually I deleted the Beta Zone WhatsApp and Aconex and restarted my phone. After a few moments of mayhem, my Passport was back to normal. No flickering or any other of the bugs discussed. I'm keeping away from Beta Zone for the time being. Anyone else have Beta Zone and Flickering? Or anyone else have Flickering with purely stock BlackBerry apps?

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 08:18 AM
    I have only gotten the flicker with the native camera app. Its fine when I use Camera++.
    02-22-15 08:40 AM
    I have only gotten the flicker with the native camera app. Its fine when I use Camera++.
    But they broke real time manual focus on Passport, f^#% BlackBerry!
    02-22-15 08:54 AM
    I even updated my Z3 few days before and have same Flickering issue.

Do anyone know how to fix it. OS 10.3.1.2243
    02-22-15 09:00 AM
    Okay, so basically this is how you fix it:

You upgrade from a leak, with a 6pt font, not restoring settings.
    You downgrade to another leak, with a 9pt font, after a security wipe.
    You upgrade back to release, restoring settings, using a radio from the leak, and an 8pt font.
    And you shake it all about, rebooting while pointing the phone at each compass direction.
    You do the hokey pokey, and turn yourself around.
    That's what its all about!

Doing every step EXACTLY will fix the issue! Doing them in the wrong order will make the flickering reappear in a day. Doing them in the wrong sub-order will change which apps you see flickering in. If you turn yourself around in the wrong direction, the flickering will reappear a day from now. If you turn yourself around too slowly or too quickly, the flickering will reappear a week from now.

At this point, its pretty clear that there's just some OS bug, and nobody here actually knows what triggers it. The bug is in the latest (and possibly previous) builds of 10.3.1, and BlackBerry just needs to fix it and roll out a patch update. Until then, the only workaround that's actually proven to work is to occasionally "reboot and pray."
    nglfmark, ubizmo, tan_okan and 2 others like this.
    02-22-15 09:00 AM
    A brand new product coming with a flickering bug is totally unacceptable. Blackberry should immediately recall these devices or update it immediately.
    Ha ha yeah cause that's what Apple does eh!? Lol. Dude apple puts out updates all the time with more crippling side effects than a flicker. I don't like it either but it's the second day and it's minor so sit on your hands and wait for the fix or restore to a backup. No need to act like your the king and off with their heads! Lol

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-22-15 09:06 AM
    I got my device brand new from amazon a few days ago and updated to the newest OTA release and still had flickering. For some reason it has gone away for a day or two now, but I'm not complaining!
    Its very funny that only some devices are effected with this weird flickering screen thing, whats causing it is what we need to know?

Surely has to be software related !
    02-22-15 09:06 AM
    How did you sell your passport because of the flickering? The OS was just released yesterday! Unless you sold it because it was flickering when you were running LEAKS. Which in that case would make you an ***** since you expected stable functionality with a leak.

Glad you sold it so I don't have to hear all the other not supported things you would complain about.

And that goes for the rest of the dummies here saying they sold from flickering issues with leaks!

Posted via CB10
    They never owned a passport and issues are made up. A lot of paid FUDsters.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 09:14 AM
    PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267

Do you installed back the 2244 radios?[/QUOTE]

Reloaded. Full 2267/2268. I get flicker after few apps install. I might load 2244 by tomorrow. Will observed this load first.

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    02-22-15 09:22 AM
    Flickering video! AT&T Passport out of the box!

Filmed on a Q10. Not sure why the battery jumped from 18% to 16% in a split second at the end...
    Good video. BlackBerry should watch it. I've had flicker on the settings page too with the same phone you have.
    02-22-15 09:58 AM
    This flicking is unbearable: how can BlackBerry do this to us,
    CreakBerry should make this front page article
    Considering they are the voice of the BlackBerry consumers.

Sent from my outdated Z10
    02-22-15 10:10 AM
    Ha ha yeah cause that's what Apple does eh!? Lol. Dude apple puts out updates all the time with more crippling side effects than a flicker. I don't like it either but it's the second day and it's minor so sit on your hands and wait for the fix or restore to a backup. No need to act like your the king and off with their heads! Lol

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, it's not so annoying now that I know it's not causing permanent damage and a quick app reload let's me proceed.

Remember the Z10 random reboots? That was worse.
    02-22-15 10:15 AM
1,055 ... 1617181920 ...