No its not happening with any os, I am ex apple and android user,yes they have bugs but not major as that.example-i need to make a very important call and I can't because the phone is flickering a lot and cant access the phone book and finaly got black screen and need the to wait minutes or to reboot.its not acceptable in now days with a lot of smartphones and choices.dont understand me wrong, BlackBerry passport is beast, top phone but the software engineer's are not.

Posted via CB10
    There was plenty of major bugs in iOS 8 release... take a look at how many hot fixes they've done. I don't really care if you leave the platform. Understand that technology can and will break down.. and I've seen plenty of random reboots on my Nvidia shield and weird shot happening on windows 8.1... **** software is everywhere and common.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 02:34 AM
    Been using 10.3.1.2243 for a couple of weeks and have had no flickering at all on my passport. Just put it through a heavy weekend in amsterdam constantly running maps,browser and camera and it did not flicker once and no green screen in camera.

I did a security wipe before updating OTA.

Wonder what those who have the flickering issue also have in common.

Via CB10 from Scotland using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243.
    02-20-15 02:40 AM
    When Rogers releases. Lol...

Posted via CB10
    If that's the main reason for not pushing the update so far, alors l� chapeau to Rogers!
    02-20-15 02:44 AM
    There was plenty of major bugs in iOS 8 release... take a look at how many hot fixes they've done. I don't really care if you leave the platform. Understand that technology can and will break down.. and I've seen plenty of random reboots on my Nvidia shield and weird shot happening on windows 8.1... **** software is everywhere and common.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, bugs can and do happen.

That doesn't make this any less disappointing though. The fact that it was picked up by thousands of us months ago and discussed at length over that entire time.

To me it points to BlackBerry having little to no pre-release testing program.

Almost want to call them up and tell them to recruit me/you/anyone else who constructively reports this stuff. But suppose that would cost them money.

Posted via CB10
    homer1475 likes this.
    ok so, now BlackBerry knows about the problem. (I'm pretty sure they knew before, but let's just say for a minute they didn't)

How long do you think it will take them to release an update to fix the issue?

I say 1 week...
    I sent a BlackBerry tech a video of it happening back in November when the first 10.3.1 beta was released for passport.

So they are aware but I don't think they know what's causing it hence why it's not been fixed.

I sent a BlackBerry tech a video of it happening back in November when the first 10.3.1 beta was released for passport.

So they are aware but I don't think they know what's causing it hence why it's not been fixed.

You may be right, but I hope you're wrong.

From a testing standpoint they have everything they need: a starting point (10.3.0 does NOT exhibit this), videos, logs.

It looks like display driver and I suspect this changed after 10.3.0 to a driverset that is better optimised (as 10.3.0 was really slow on Passport - I posted videos showing it performing like a dog back in November).

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 02:47 AM
    This morning the phone flickering as hell,from bad to worst! The screen become black and the phone is unusable! Restart and its working again but that's isn't acceptable! I love BlackBerry but if they don't fix that in ten days I will sell the passport and leave the os forever.

Posted via CB10
    That's really bad for BlackBerry, btw, others OS thus failed too on the first their OS update release. Maybe we are having high expectation when it comes to this brand. Hope this issue will be fixed very soon.

BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.2267
    02-20-15 02:50 AM
    You may be right, but I hope you're wrong.

From a testing standpoint they have everything they need: a starting point (10.3.0 does NOT exhibit this), videos, logs.

It looks like display driver and I suspect this changed after 10.3.0 to a driverset that is better optimised (as 10.3.0 was really slow on Passport - I posted videos showing it performing like a dog back in November).

Posted via CB10
    Also pointing out that the Passport is the only BlackBerry device on Qualcomm 801. Could be the culprit too. All the other bb10 devices did not have major issues like this.

Posted via CB10
    Me2 likes this.
    02-20-15 02:52 AM
    Also pointing out that the Passport is the only BlackBerry device on Qualcomm 801. Could be the culprit too. All the other bb10 devices did not have major issues like this.

Posted via CB10
    I understand QNX work on the driversets for BlackBerry hardware. The guys who do that, their office is actually right next door to Qualcomm's in San Diego. They share a drinks machine and breakout area with a mate of mine... so they sure as hell don't have far to go if they need Qualcomm's help.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 02:57 AM
    Did the upgrade last night to 10.3.1.1565 from stock firmware - no leaks installed. Model: SQW100-1. So far no flickering. This update came in 3 chunks, a ~400MB part, a 1.4GB part (then reboot) and finally a 2MB one which didn�t force a reboot.
    02-20-15 03:00 AM
    Last night while my Passport was updating I was reading this thread and I was even tempted to stop the update, then I decided to trust BlackBerry and to ignore most of the commenters here who were dispensing their expertise and the result is ... no flickering here, no flickering at all.
    02-20-15 03:00 AM
    Last night while my Passport was updating I was reading this thread and I was even tempted to stop the update, then I decided to trust BlackBerry and to ignore most of the commenters here who were dispensing their expertise and the result is ... no flickering here, no flickering at all.
    No camera issues as well?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 03:02 AM
    Did BlackBerry already respond to this issue?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 03:05 AM
    Common guys, nobody speaks about bugs that every os has,we discuss simple things as entering address book or settings without the need to wait 5 min.or to reboot. It's not something that is normally happen . I paid 600 $ for phone and I must pray every time when I need to change profile or to send text or make a call.its huge disappointment. BlackBerry passport is for serious people and business, believe me the phone calls are important.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 03:13 AM
    Had a bit of flickering after the phone rebooted after the install of 10.3.1. I restarted and now it's been almost 24 hours flicker-free. What's disappointing is that I didn�t even install any leaks on my Passport and all I read for the past few months was about the flickering issues. Something doesn't add up that BlackBerry didn't pick up on it.

Edit: flickering randomly showed up again and a restart has fixed it. Looks like only a software upgrade will fix this.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Vector-SS; 02-20-15 at 10:11 AM.
    02-20-15 03:18 AM
    It's also good to note that we need to know if only users that have used the leaks are getting the issues. We need more information and people need to be specific on what they were on before the update.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    02-20-15 03:21 AM
    Nonsense.
    If you have a closer look to the "leaked" section of crackberry, you will see that:

- flickering is an issue since last year
    - low volume on notifications is an issue since last year
    - wifi problems are an issue since last year

If only ONE guy from blackberry would have a closer look (hey, the got thousands beta-tester for free) they should have noticed these bugs.
    And - what is really not acceptable - they still provide the buggy update.

Just imagine what will happen with the new AT&T passport users: Unboxing, Flickering, Low Ringtones -> Returning.
    02-20-15 03:29 AM
    Did BlackBerry already respond to this issue?

Posted via CB10
    Sort of, Michael Clewley (Director, Handheld Software Product Management at Blackberry) wrote:

...and from what he says, he only heard about this this week? he's a joke, better say nothing than say that.
    For the millionth time, WE have been reporting this issue for months!

The OFFICIAL "Flickering" thread after 10.3.1 update-img_20150220_081844.png

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 03:29 AM
    I really don't have a problem with 10.3.0.908. I don't understand why people are rushing for an update.
    02-20-15 03:52 AM
    Because the idea of every update is to make the software better and to add new features to fix old problems and etc, personally I updated to fix the slow focusing in the camera but now I deeply sorry

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 03:55 AM
    I really don't have a problem with 10.3.0.908. I don't understand why people are rushing for an update.
    actually you are completely right, other than the battery saving feature, I was very happy with 10.3.0.1418!
    02-20-15 04:03 AM
    Flickering badly I had to reboot in order to stop it.
    Device: Passport dual language Middle east. Clean Install through Auto loader of the Official OS 2243.
    02-20-15 04:07 AM
    funny my android apps are flickerless and it's only an issue with native apps for me.

Passport Posted.
    02-20-15 04:27 AM
    Because the idea of every update is to make the software better and to add new features to fix old problems and etc, personally I updated to fix the slow focusing in the camera but now I deeply sorry

Posted via CB10
    You did perform a backup of your phone before updating.....Right? Of course you did. So just do a restore.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport using Tapatalk
    02-20-15 04:29 AM
    I installed on wiped phone and after the update I made new security wipe, so that's not matter

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 05:11 AM
1,055 ... 678910 ...