I have never noticed screen flickering on my passport....

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 04:10 PM
    Just update to 10.3.1, no "flickering" for me, at the moment.
    02-19-15 04:16 PM
    is there a fix for it, it just F@&��D my phone.

Posted via CB10
    Reboot the phone

I experienced screen flicker on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    But it's been over a week since.. so dunno what's up with that
    Last edited by mad_mdx; 02-19-15 at 05:30 PM.
    02-19-15 04:22 PM
    Passport owner since november, always on official OS, never installed leaks, never ONCE had any flickering issues, after OTA update today, I have noticed flickering when entering the sound profiles option this is not serious!

+ suggestion bar staying on empty after sending a message
    + lower overall volume
    02-19-15 04:32 PM
    I'm part of the Beta Zone and have had this OS on my phone for two weeks and no flickering.
    Maybe it's to do with early hardware, I got my PP on launch day in London, who knows, but it's definitely a major issue that is effecting what would seem like a large number of passport users.

Got a reply saying thanks for the log file from BlackBerry so let's see if they can fix it and push out an emergency fix.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 04:54 PM
    No flickering here!I made security wipe after the installation, maybe because of that I have zero issues or maybe I am just lucky.

Posted via CB10
    Security wipe doesn't have nothing to flickering preventions!
    Passport flickering on ANY 10.3.1 sw

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 04:55 PM
    Guys, I talked to some Blackberry fanboys and fangirls�the ones who think it's sacrilegious to say anything negative about BB in a public forum, for fear that it will scare away potential new customers. They've told me that there's a simple solution to this so-called flickering issue.

Just blink every time your screen starts to flicker. It might have to be a longer blink than normal, but you'll get used to it. They say it solves the issue 99% of the time. For the 1% where your blinks don't sync with the flickering, you can turn your head, either to the right or the left (or up or down). Problem solved. No more flickering. It's a bit of a workaround, but we're already used to that when trying to install any meaningful app to this OS. Hopefully we can get a step-by-step published soon.
    Last edited by Denvertorch; 02-19-15 at 04:57 PM. Reason: typo
    tomsobon, LazyEvul, ljfong and 6 others like this.
    02-19-15 04:56 PM
    I'm still on leak and do experience flickering however it's manageable.
    I don't see any in the OS in general. If I find an app is doing it, I just close it and reopen it and it's back to normal. Just close the Active Frame.

I was hoping this will be fixed in the official version though. I guess cannot be bothered going through another drill. Will wait for a fix.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport
    02-19-15 05:01 PM
    Guys, I talked to some Blackberry fanboys and fangirls�the ones who think it's sacrilegious to say anything negative about BB in a public forum, for fear that it will scare away potential new customers. They've told me that there's a simple solution to this so-called flickering issue.

Just blink every time your screen starts to flicker. It might have to be a longer blink than normal, but you'll get used to it. They say it solves the issue 99% of the time. For the 1% where your blinks don't sync with the flickering, you can turn your head, either to the right or the left (or up or down). Problem solved. No more flickering. It's a bit of a workaround, but we're already used to that when trying to install any meaningful app to this OS. Hopefully we can get a step-by-step published soon.
    Ahaha that is BY FAR the best solution i've heard so far lol

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 05:04 PM
    Update: Just got flickering - in combination with low volume. Going back to 10.3.0 ... 10.3.1 is not acceptable as daily driver in business scenarios.

Very bad from Blackberry, not to fix the bugs that are well known here for weeks / months.
    02-19-15 05:16 PM
    For everyone that has flickering issue, did you install a leak and then the official update? Or were you on the stock OS and then updated?

From what I am read it seems that anyone that went from non-leak to the latest update has no issues, and anyone going from leak to latest update has issues.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 05:22 PM
    Suggestion :
    Do not update ....there's many bugs on official 10.3.1 for all devices.
    02-19-15 05:22 PM
    For everyone that has flickering issue, did you install a leak and then the official update? Or were you on the stock OS and then updated?

From what I am read it seems that anyone that went from non-leak to the latest update has no issues, and anyone going from leak to latest update has issues.

Posted via CB10
    I moved from official 10.3.0 to official 10.3.1 today and it's flickering

Posted via CB10
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    02-19-15 05:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    flyingsolid and deltact like this.
    02-19-15 05:34 PM
    Since I made the video I done a hard reset and it's stopped flickering.

But it doesn't give me confidence.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 05:42 PM
    Don't worry it will come back.
    dejanh likes this.
    02-19-15 05:45 PM
    Sold my passport cause of the flickering. Showing someone the phone with a flickering screen was not cool. Funny to them though. Maybe i'll buy the Att version if blackberry cared to fix the problem someday. But for now. I'm back to my trusty Z30.
    02-19-15 05:51 PM
    Funny how my BlackBerry never has any of the mentioned problems. No flickering whatsoever (even with every previous leak). Volume is still normal, pictures still show as they should.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 06:08 PM
    Funny how my BlackBerry never has any of the mentioned problems. No flickering whatsoever (even with every previous leak). Volume is still normal, pictures still show as they should.

Posted via CB10
    This is normally my experience as well, never really have any issues that come across in the forums, and also never hear from any friends or family having issues, but with that being said, I have not received the update on my passport as of yet and I'm kind of nervous lol

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 06:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    You are using the Passport?.. Otherwise all other devices don't flicker.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 06:17 PM
    I question why they are requesting logs from end users to fix the problem?

It would seem that with the broad reach of this issue they could just grab a couple of devices off the line, update them and grab their own dam logs.

It is truly strange how this was missed...
    02-19-15 06:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yikes! That is indeed annoying and ridiculous to be released as an update. I'm glad I never tried leaks and my carrier has not released the official OS. I just feel sorry for those experiencing this, after all the excitement for the past weeks (myself included). Hope BlackBerry will make a turn around for their consumers.

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    02-19-15 06:29 PM
    What I want to know is how us "leakers" noticed the flicker within minutes of loading any 10.3.1 leak, and Blackberry testers missed it(Deckard posted a tweat from clewley stating they never caught it)? I call complete BS!!

Either their testers are pretty sh*tty, or Blackberry really needs to get out of the software business. Something like this is inexcusable, specially when your trying to make a comeback.

I have had the flicker on every 10.3.1 leak and accepted the fact it was a leaked OS, and Blackberry would fix it, and never really complained about it. Now with it being on the official OS as well......
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    02-19-15 06:33 PM
    There was a thread where someone mentioned the Classic having the same issue with the latest 10.3.1 update, which is why I haven't installed the latest Bell update.
    02-19-15 06:38 PM
    It's strange that my Z10 got the update and my Passport not yet. I am on Rogers in Canada.

Maybe they pulled it for the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 06:49 PM
1,055 ... 34567 ...