Hi,

I'm wondering if any of you are experiencing this same issue with the official screen protector included in the Passport hard shell?

The edges on the screen protector do not adhere to the screen.

I bought a 2 pack of the official BlackBerry Passport screen protectors too. I hope this same issue doesn't happen with those!

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 10:43 AM
    I'm still on the one that comes with the phone...

Using PP and Z10
    10-15-14 10:51 AM
    Same issue so I tore it off and bought ArmorSuit from Amazon: Amazon.com: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - BlackBerry Passport Screen Protector (Case Friendly) Anti-Bubble Ultra HD - Extreme Clarity & Touch Responsive Shield with Lifetime Free Replacements: Cell Phones & Accessories

Flexible and works well with one notable exception: I have found that it takes a bit more pressure for the screen to recognize gestures. With the bare screen, a very light touch was all that was required. Now, I have to be deliberate.

Kurt
    10-15-14 10:56 AM
    telus store put mine on day of release with the hardshell dont have the package (secrete is, if they put it on they have to quanentee it) so im guessing that one i got is official. So far its perfect, no lifting, marks, smudges a bit nothing like the z10.

I gave up on the notion that i can come close to someone that puts hundreds of screen protector on a year.

posted via my passport
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    10-15-14 10:58 AM
    Hi,

I'm wondering if any of you are experiencing this same issue with the official screen protector included in the Passport hard shell?

I bought a 2 pack of the official BlackBerry Passport screen protectors too. I hope this same issue doesn't happen with those!

Posted via CB10
    I got the official Passport hard shell and noticed that the screen protector is curved a bit on the edges. Blackberry just includes the sleeve within the case so it isn't perfectly flat. It can get bent during transit (gravity/heat/etc). So when I put it on, it wasn't perfect. Got frustrated after multiple attempts that I just took it off. I am now using it without the screen protector. I never had an issue without the screen protector on my Z10 so I don't expect any issues with the PP.

The official two pack one may be better since it should be shipped flat.
    10-15-14 11:17 AM
    Hi,

Posted via CB10
    Yes it's true. Mine also like that. But it's less than 1 mm. The part that doesn't completely adhere I mean.
    10-15-14 12:31 PM
    Ok. Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Now I know that I'm not the only one with this issue.

The quality of the screen protector is very good. It feels very close to naked. The only negative is that it attracts fingerprints very easily.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 03:03 PM
    Ok. Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Now I know that I'm not the only one with this issue.

The quality of the screen protector is very good. It feels very close to naked. The only negative is that it attracts fingerprints very easily.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I think so too. But I'm still afraid that even a gorilla, glass might be scratched. I have seen a Lumia phone got scratched easily. ==
    10-15-14 04:51 PM
    I purchased the hard shell with screen protector as well as the 2pack. The first attempt was terrible and used a second one. I have a few minor bubbles that are irritating, but have one extra and will attempt to place on when my Amazon order comes in for Mr. Shields anti-glare matte protector 3pack.

I used the anti-glare matte protector on the Z30 without issue. When I switched to a mirror screen protector, I let the Verizon rep put it on and it was close to perfect. As cheap as they are on Amazon I figured I'd get a few extra and if unable to get on without bubbles will go to AT&T for them to put on. I wasn't thrilled with Verizon using hand sanitizer to wipe the screen prior to placing though, but no harm done.

If you really want protection go with a good tempered glass screen protector. There isn't much available as of now, but may go this route when available. They are simple to place, bubble free, actually fill in minor scratches with the outside layer similar to Gorilla Glass.

With the Z30 it was dropped almost daily, but with the transform case and a simple screen protector, never had an issue. The protector is full of scratches, but the Z30 screen is perfect underneath.

With Passport, I have been much more careful and not dropping because the keyboard is constantly exposed and vulnerable so for myself will probably just stick with what I have/am getting. Whichever works best.

Since the Passport is not just a glass slap and if the tempered glass is needed, the keyboard would probably be hit in the process, but this would protect best for screen shattering, etc. Nothing like it from what I have seen. As for the rest, a screen protector is a screen protector. I do like the anti-glare matte ones. They are perfect between the clear and privacy ones. Less glare, less fingerprints, still easy to see; these have worked well for me, but still have the extra BlackBerry one and might try first and see if I can get it closer to perfect when I do it.

Just some thoughts and options.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 03:52 AM
    I'm on the one that comes with the BlackBerry hardshell case. Whatever material they use I expect to see on an episode of CSI, this stuff is a fingerprint magnet.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 04:00 AM
    telus store put mine on day of release with the hardshell dont have the package (secrete is, if they put it on they have to quanentee it) so im guessing that one i got is official. So far its perfect, no lifting, marks, smudges a bit nothing like the z10.

I gave up on the notion that i can come close to someone that puts hundreds of screen protector on a year.

posted via my passport
    This gave me a chuckle! I too am totally inept at puting on/applying screen protectors. The first time I ever attempted this was when I bought a tri pack for my TREO and basically went thru all of them because I couldn't get it on right without lint or air bubbles. I get the people at the stores to put them on for me. And you are right! Who am to compete with those that apply tons of these a year.

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.908/Rogers Wireless
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 10-16-14 at 10:58 AM.
    10-16-14 09:58 AM
    Having the same issue! I'm going to buy another brand. At least, for me, it was free with the shell.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 10:03 AM
    I'm having the same issue with the Mr. Shield screen protectors for the Passport that are available on Amazon. I (surprisingly) was able to do a good job applying the screen protector, but there's a very narrow strip on the left side that doesn't adhere completely. It adheres enough that it doesn't peel off or get in the way, but there's just a noticeable strip of air. I imagine it has to do with the curvature of the screen near the sides.
    10-16-14 10:41 AM
    Yeah - I'm totally helpless at applying screen protectors. Still I tried with the one that came with my hard shell case. Did I manage to do a good job? Nope!

I'll have to purchase more and take it to my Rogers store! *sigh*

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    10-16-14 10:44 AM
    Give it a few days. Everypart is adhering properly now. Lol.
    10-16-14 12:18 PM

posted via my passport
    They did mine as well and has all kinds of tricks from Scotch tape on the bare screen, to some spray can stuff. No idea what was going but looked more complicated than it needed to be. But less complicated than me doing it myself, haven't had the best luck.

The best part was when I think he thought he messed up and did the "did anyone notice" look, his hand started shaking and definitely some nervousness on his part.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 12:58 PM