Kind of surprised at how long it's taking for BlackBerry to release the OEM cases for the Passport. We already saw in another thread (http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ssport-952769/) that Otterbox doesn't seem to be supporting the new hardware, so BlackBerry must realize that those looking for protection for their $700 phones will be easy pickings! What's with the delay?? 2 weeks since the phone was released and we can't even get a screen protector??

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 05:17 PM
    I am not only surprised, I am irritated and let down a bit. How can they plan the release of a phone and not have all of the accessories ready at the same time? Talk about losing an opportunity for revenue. It's not like they didn't know when the phone was going to be released. Now all the other manufacturers are scrambling to get their products out first. In the meantime those of us who purchased the Passport early on have been risking damaging the phone unless we use the hard shell case which I am not a fan of. Sorry to be whining, but I am also disappointed that BlackBerry seems to be missing out on an opportunity a bit.
    10-09-14 05:43 PM
    To be fair, it seems that BlackBerry really wasn't expecting this level of demand (at least if the whole backorder and fulfillment situation is any indication). If that's the case it only makes sense that they wouldn't invest too much money in developing accessories until they were certain that there would be strong demand for the Passport. Now that it's clear that the phone is in demand it's more likely that they'll try to strike deals with Otterbox and other companies or develop their own cases and accessories.

Just my $0.02.
    10-09-14 06:08 PM
    Kind of surprised at how long it's taking for BlackBerry to release the OEM cases for the Passport. We already saw in another thread (http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ssport-952769/) that Otterbox doesn't seem to be supporting the new hardware, so BlackBerry must realize that those looking for protection for their $700 phones will be easy pickings! What's with the delay?? 2 weeks since the phone was released and we can't even get a screen protector??

Posted via CB10
    I can understand your frustration. I love Otterbox cases and would love one for the Passport. As far as screen protectors go, you can buy them on Amazon for about $6.

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Shield-Blac...UvbUpU10952329
    10-09-14 06:31 PM
    To be fair, it seems that BlackBerry really wasn't expecting this level of demand (at least if the whole backorder and fulfillment situation is any indication). If that's the case it only makes sense that they wouldn't invest too much money in developing accessories until they were certain that there would be strong demand for the Passport. Now that it's clear that the phone is in demand it's more likely that they'll try to strike deals with Otterbox and other companies or develop their own cases and accessories.

Just my $0.02.
    Well you're right, that does make some sense.
    10-09-14 08:24 PM
    Can't believe these morons still haven't managed to get the leather case out there. I mean think of the loss revenue, it's a high margin item. Over 200,000K units sold, probably more then 500,000K by now, most of those people would have purchased a decent case.
    10-16-14 12:52 AM