OEM Leather Flex Shell case-image3.jpgOEM Leather Flex Shell case-image1.jpgOEM Leather Flex Shell case-image2.jpgJust got the OEM Leather Flex Shell case.

Pretty nice design and not too bulky in that it offers the same protection as the Hard Shell.

The leather feels nice but it is quite slippery. I think I still prefer the hard shell backing that offers some grip to prevent me klutzing out and dropping it. I also like the Hard Shell backing to be able to set it down on the center console in my car so it doesn't slide around.

The stand works as advertising and is a nice backup to the sync pod if I don't need charging at the office.

Overall I think Blackberry did a good job on this one.
    Last edited by mhw100; 01-22-15 at 11:08 PM.
    01-22-15 09:21 PM
    Pics for us all to see would be absolutely great. Thx

Posted via CB10
    Frank Zito likes this.
    01-22-15 10:48 PM
    there you go
    01-22-15 11:08 PM
    But all those bent pieces of leather?
    Want is stopping them from having a permanent bend? and sticking out.
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    01-23-15 07:21 AM
    The leather feels nice but it is quite slippery. I think I still prefer the hard shell backing that offers some grip to prevent me klutzing out and dropping it. I also like the Hard Shell backing to be able to set it down on the center console in my car so it doesn't slide around.
    Thanks for the review. The slippery backing making me think twice before purchasing. I've never liked the slippery feel from the z10 and z30 hardshell case so I'm guessing this one is similar?

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 08:18 AM
    Thanks for the review. The slippery backing making me think twice before purchasing. I've never liked the slippery feel from the z10 and z30 hardshell case so I'm guessing this one is similar?

Posted via CB10
    I find the hardshell super slippery..
    01-23-15 08:56 AM
    But all those bent pieces of leather?
    Want is stopping them from having a permanent bend? and sticking out.
    They click into place so the don't stick out when the stand isn't used. See the first pic.
    01-23-15 04:31 PM
    I find the hardshell super slippery..
    Then you won't like this case.
    01-23-15 04:32 PM
    By way of update the leather feels great to hold but the back is like a skating rink. I really have to think about gripping this after using the hard shell. It also slides in pockets easier than the hard shell which tends to grip clothing.
    01-23-15 04:35 PM
    Looks nice but I'm not sold on it
    silverbullet likes this.
    01-23-15 04:52 PM
    It's different that's for sure.
    01-23-15 05:02 PM
    Looks good.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 08:04 PM
    I received my flex shell case today and type this with it on my Passport now. I find the functionality of the case to work just as described and when not used to prop up the phone the stand tucks away nicely. The craftsmanship is excellent. My one gripe though is just as the OP described in that it is extremely slippery. My hope is that with use the case gets "broken in" and become less slick.
    01-23-15 10:22 PM
    Staying with my OEM hard case.
    Not slippery and it fits my PDAir and Smartphone Experts cases.
    03-02-15 09:22 PM
    Just an update on the above review I wrote : the case actually loses its slippery feeling after about a month of use and isn't as dangerous. It still isn't as grippy as the hardshell but it's no longer like an ice rink. I actually like it better than the hardshell now as it is far easier to get it in/out of suit jackets and shirt pockets. On some smaller pockets the hardshell is hard to slide in/out of due to its rubbery texture. Also, I don't really use the kickstand very often but it is anise feature nonetheless. BlackBerry did a good job on this case.
    heartsthat likes this.
    03-14-15 08:15 PM
    I wish they made the leather flex shell in white
    03-15-15 07:27 AM
    This case would be amazing if it were not soo slippery. I ended up back with the hardshell as well.

Anyone know of any other cases that have a kickstand?
    04-16-15 11:09 AM
    Looks nice but it is not for the AT&T Passport
    04-16-15 11:51 AM
    Just got this a couple of days ago. I like how the device feels compared to the OEM leather flip case I had. With that, I always had to flip the cover behind the phone when using it and that added to the bulk. With this leather hard cover, it keeps the phone feeling nice and thin.

I really hope the sheen on the leather breaks down soon though, it's like a black ice patch back there.

-- Passport, VMO, Toronto CA
    04-16-15 02:07 PM
    Just got this a couple of days ago. I like how the device feels compared to the OEM leather flip case I had. With that, I always had to flip the cover behind the phone when using it and that added to the bulk. With this leather hard cover, it keeps the phone feeling nice and thin.

I really hope the sheen on the leather breaks down soon though, it's like a black ice patch back there.

I hate to tell you that it really doesn't lose that 'black ice' feel over time. Great case but unfortunately I didn't find that it gets a rough finish.
    04-16-15 02:49 PM
    Actually I have a Dremel tool with a buffing head. At low speed, it applied some leather conditioner that I use for my couches on it and it did a pretty decent job of softening the leather up. It was definitely a lot easier to grip after the buffing. I figure three or four more treatments like that should really soften it up without damaging it.

04-20-15 01:21 AM