1:33 minute mark.

Really frustrating yet amusing to see how the majority of people in the US thinks of Blackberry despite the company having launched one of the best smartphones in the world.

Posted via CB10
    LOCOSDEL136_ORG and JMDBERRY like this.
    03-13-15 04:57 AM
    Yes seen that last night. One guy clapped, just one.
    03-13-15 10:22 AM
    People have just been apple/samsung inundated like sheep.

Posted via J's Blackberry Passport
    bbjdog likes this.
    03-13-15 08:47 PM
    Amazing what a billion dollar ad budget will do, hey?
    SeeBeeEss likes this.
    03-13-15 10:53 PM
    It's a sad reality that this happened. This by far is the best platform on the market. I firmly believe they don't want BlackBerry on the market for its best in class security. They want to be able to collect your data and sell it.

Posted via CB10
    bbjdog and MGDania like this.
    03-13-15 11:52 PM
    They want to be able to collect your data and sell it.
    Isn't that how Google partly makes its money?

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    03-13-15 11:54 PM
    Who cares...FIMO

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 11:58 PM

Posted via J's Blackberry Passport
    It really is bad I had the chance to play with the "flagship killer" oneplus one and I just don't see how android or IOS is better than bb10 is amazing how brainwashed people are they just can't think for themselves

Posted from deep in the Amazon jungle
    thymaster and bbjdog like this.
    03-14-15 12:27 AM
    That wasn't so bad...

Former 9900, Z10, and Z30 user and lover, but now Passport rocker!
    03-14-15 01:24 AM
    It really is bad I had the chance to play with the "flagship killer" oneplus one and I just don't see how android or IOS is better than bb10 is amazing how brainwashed people are they just can't think for themselves

Posted from deep in the Amazon jungle
    It's not just about the OS. It hasn't been for a very, very long time.

Even BBRY gets this
    03-14-15 01:38 AM
    BlackBerry 10 is better than Android, that I agree.

But iOS 8 is still better than BlackBerry 10, IMHO

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 01:48 AM
    It is sad.

BlackBerry is a joke to most people these days, like MySpace or AOL. It really is telling to hear all those people laugh, because the idea that someone "still" has a BlackBerry is laughable to that many people... it's like a joke that teenagers to senior citizens can all laugh at.

I've stopped being bothered by it. I live like half an hour from where they film Jimmy Kimmel, and that feeling of BlackBerry being a joke is rampant around here and probably most of the U.S.

It's like ingrained in the minds of people that BlackBerry is for "old" people, people that others feel pity for.

It's really annoying, but when people ask me about my Passport, I proudly tell them that it's just the greatest phone I've ever used.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster and mikedolo like this.
    03-14-15 02:36 AM
    Obama stated he can't carry anything with recording capability. Can his staff?
    03-14-15 08:26 AM
    Look wider. BlackBerry 10 OS is really great system for good and very good devices (I own Passport now, it's powerfull!). There is one problem: nobody knows it (excpet you BlackBerry fans). That's where advertising should get in. But it doesn't. Poor BlackBerry.

PIN: 2BEC9B73
    03-14-15 09:12 AM
    BlackBerry rocks! BlackBerry is too intelligent to understand for a average man with average wisdom!!

With diplomatic Passport
    03-14-15 09:48 AM
    That guy in the video represents the market share of blackberry :-D

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 10:41 AM
    I really do hope marketing will be a key element in Chen's strategy down the road. I don't care if it's for enterprise or consumers, unless they market their products (software / hardware) they will face a lot of difficulties in changing people's perception of the brand.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 11:11 AM
    That guy in the video represents the market share of blackberry :-D

Posted via CB10
    True we are all Presidents... of something ahahahahah

it was a cool video haha! Loved the proud BlackBerry owner in the audience! Berry Berry proud! Yes sir!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by currentodysseys; 03-14-15 at 03:05 PM.
    03-14-15 11:28 AM
    Amazing what a billion dollar ad budget will do, hey?
    Why do you think they have a billion dollar budget to begin with? People are acting like BB has been this little engine all along. BB was once the top dog, and their ignorant CEOs decided their phones didn't need apps and didn't need to play music or videos. They decided touch screens were a gimmick. They decided that they could release phones with inferior specs and still retain their market share because of "productivity" and "security" and a physical keyboard.

The original iPhone was revolutionary compared to what everyone else had at the time and their phones today top the others in most independent test categories. That isn't due to hype or bias. I can tell you I had an old iPhone with better touch responsiveness than any other phone I've had, including the Passport. (There is a delay on the Passport that does not exist on the iPhone, this could be an OS issue.)

BB is in this position because of the arrogance and incompetence of past leadership. Chen has the deck stacked against him not because of Apple or Samsung but because of Lazaridis and Heins.
    deltact and denicoespadilla like this.
    03-14-15 12:50 PM
    What is old? Andriod, iOS or BB10
    Only fools will believe what they are fed.
    03-14-15 01:11 PM
    Why do you think they have a billion dollar budget to begin with?
    Because they need to spend money to make money.

I'm just referring to the consumer market which BlackBerry has all but abandoned.
    03-14-15 01:51 PM
    What exactly can his "old" BackBerry not record? I share the opinion that software today has adopted the despicable practice of surreptitious data collection that offends the concept of privacy; hence I can understand the desire to stick to software that was created before the analytics trend took flight.

I'm not a BlackBerry expert, but there are some issues with our system that I wish could be made clear regarding the level of privacy and security on BlackBerries.

What might a BlackBerry 10 device transmit and which third parties would have access to this information? I suppose that before a BlackBerry ID has been activated, the device is closed off from the outside world but once you activate wifi, you might be susceptible to tracking since BlackBerry doesn't seem to have a MAC broadcasting security policy AFAIK.

I trust that the hardware components on a BlackBerry (Camera, microphone, GPS) can only be activated and used by the signed BlackBerry software so a device without third party apps would have only BlackBerry as the only external party with potential access. It is worth noting that even with a device password, personal data is not encrypted by default.

Once a BB ID is active, we are automatically connected to BBM with no opt-out feature. This makes our device PINS accessible to the BB network and, as we know, people can spam us randomly.

Coherent with the disgusting trend of data mining, BlackBerry's OS collects "diagnostic" information which includes which apps are installed and, I suppose, how the software is used. As much as I would like to help them make improvements, it concerns me that the "extra" information is encrypted so I don't know what BlackBerry is collecting.

The whole Cloud Compting concept has been successful in taking away personal ownership from end users to the end that all personal data is placed in the hands of the providers who have full access to the data and can mine it for their own needs, potentially. There are few guarantees or policies offered regarding privacy, copying, encryption, deletion, control, monetization and often these protections are held for ransom in order to gain access to additional features or software.

I do think BlackBerry does better for privacy and security than the other available platforms but I do wish we could go back to the days where software did only what you asked when you asked. Today, there is so much going on behind the scenes and it is all shrouded in EULA's and fine print. Reading about spyware in laptops, hard drives, TVs… it's a scary future looming for the IoT so I commend Obama for holding on to his BlackBerry.

I would like to know how they ensure their privacy using these older BlackBerries, considering they still have to use wireless networks and the inherently insecure internet. 'm glad BlackBerry is making an effort with secusmart, holding on to QNX with its encrypted kernel and signed software etc. Hopefully their Android relationships won't taint the security and force them to lead consumers into a world where everyone just surrenders to a world devoid of privacy, restraint, respect for standards and policing.
    03-14-15 02:01 PM
    What exactly can his "old" BackBerry not record? I share the opinion that software today has adopted the despicable practice of surreptitious data collection that offends the concept of privacy; hence I can understand the desire to stick to software that was created before the analytics trend took flight.

I'm not a BlackBerry expert, but there are some issues with our system that I wish could be made clear regarding the level of privacy and security on BlackBerries.

What might a BlackBerry 10 device transmit and which third parties would have access to this information? I suppose that before a BlackBerry ID has been activated, the device is closed off from the outside world but once you activate wifi, you might be susceptible to tracking since BlackBerry doesn't seem to have a MAC broadcasting security policy AFAIK.

I trust that the hardware components on a BlackBerry (Camera, microphone, GPS) can only be activated and used by the signed BlackBerry software so a device without third party apps would have only BlackBerry as the only external party with potential access. It is worth noting that even with a device password, personal data is not encrypted by default.

Once a BB ID is active, we are automatically connected to BBM with no opt-out feature. This makes our device PINS accessible to the BB network and, as we know, people can spam us randomly.

Coherent with the disgusting trend of data mining, BlackBerry's OS collects "diagnostic" information which includes which apps are installed and, I suppose, how the software is used. As much as I would like to help them make improvements, it concerns me that the "extra" information is encrypted so I don't know what BlackBerry is collecting.

The whole Cloud Compting concept has been successful in taking away personal ownership from end users to the end that all personal data is placed in the hands of the providers who have full access to the data and can mine it for their own needs, potentially. There are few guarantees or policies offered regarding privacy, copying, encryption, deletion, control, monetization and often these protections are held for ransom in order to gain access to additional features or software.

I do think BlackBerry does better for privacy and security than the other available platforms but I do wish we could go back to the days where software did only what you asked when you asked. Today, there is so much going on behind the scenes and it is all shrouded in EULA's and fine print. Reading about spyware in laptops, hard drives, TVs it's a scary future looming for the IoT so I commend Obama for holding on to his BlackBerry.

I would like to know how they ensure their privacy using these older BlackBerries, considering they still have to use wireless networks and the inherently insecure internet. 'm glad BlackBerry is making an effort with secusmart, holding on to QNX with its encrypted kernel and signed software etc. Hopefully their Android relationships won't taint the security and force them to lead consumers into a world where everyone just surrenders to a world devoid of privacy, restraint, respect for standards and policing.
    Amen.
    03-14-15 02:06 PM
    Yes we all know that the old management made their mistakes and with that came change with Heins and now Chen. But I've had an iphone up to using a iphone 5 and I had many issues having the iphone freeze up on me because I was using too many apps or the spreadsheet was too big having to reboot the phone too many times during the day.

Bb10 is a great OS as I have found that it's been quicker to respond to communication, simple as that. You might have a quirky bb10 phone but not every phone is perfect.

Posted from my BB10 passport
    03-14-15 02:46 PM
    What exactly can his "old" BackBerry not record?
    Pretty sure all he meant is that it didn't have a camera.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 02:51 PM