With all due respect to Blazing Saddles, and just cause I'm curious about others right now, i'm sticking with the Passport till I can't use the email etc. The KeyOne looks nice, but I have no time or desire to switch at the moment.
    I won the PP in a half-hearted bid on ebay about 2 years ago on a wtf moment, even though I had a Z10.
    But right now although I can buy the 550 phone, I just don't see the reason.
    I text, email, call, and very occasionally surf the Web with weekend side trips to fast Tube and maybe the navigation system.
    Yes, I use the weather but as I don't bank or snap chat and I use Twitter only to curse out the MTA.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley and Tim-ANC like this.
    05-31-17 08:48 AM
    If it works for you, that's all that matters.....
    05-31-17 09:02 AM
    After nearly 3 years using a Z10 I moved into the android ecosistem and after 6 months I bought a passport and I'm loving it! I missed so much the fluid BlackBerry 10 OS. I know than in one month I won't be able to keep using the native, Whatsapp app but I don't care I'll use the passport as long as it works.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 11:21 AM
    What is the great decision to make? I missed the relation of the thread title to the OP.

I agree the Passport is a great device, and I too made the decision to keep using it as long as possible. But I also know that I am really truly in the top 1% of those users who aren't using android, iOS*, Google**, Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter..... the list goes on.

* I do use an employer issued enterprise iPhone for business email. Personal device is a Passport, and wife uses Passport too.

** However, no one can absolutely avoid Google. It is everywhere, in everything. If you use the web you inevitably cross paths with Google all the time..
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    05-31-17 05:18 PM
    Google is life. All hail Google. Those who do not use Google will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

I was saying the great decision to stick with the Passport or switch to the K1. You know a weighty decision here and a first world problem of the highest magnitude.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-17 06:06 AM
    Stay with Passport, then buy Motorola?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-17 03:55 AM
    Stay with Passport, then buy Motorola?

Posted via CB10
    Buy a Sony / Jolla. Sailfish when Passport dies. All the droid apps and no google Inc

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    06-02-17 10:10 AM
    Fantastic device!!

Posted via CB10
    06-02-17 12:46 PM
    I too will be sticking with my Passport and Semi Retired Z10 for as long as possible and I use some android apps on it that work fine. I know I'll soon be using the android Whatsapp and I have been getting adjusted to it on my Passport SE that I was able to bring back from the dead. Rocking 24-7 with my Passport OG, SE, Semi Retired Z10 & 64GB Playbook
    06-06-17 09:56 PM
    It is a conundrum. Got my ATT model in Feb2015 and it's the best phone I have ever owned. I've been BB since 2006. However, I do realize BB10 is suffering the death of a thousand cuts. I bought a WM10 Lumia 950XL earlier this year. It was my daily for 2 months but I reverted back to the PP and haven't looked back. WM10 has some advantages over BB10 but lacks in many other areas. My primary issue was the VKB.

I plan to try the K1. I will be objective and give it an honest try. I have never used Android, though my wife swears by it. Other than K1, I don't see any other PKB options on the horizon.
    06-07-17 06:24 AM
    the Passport will definitely serve you well when it comes to the things the OP mentioned.
    06-08-17 05:28 PM
    Yeah if your fine with the limitations of an aging OS, then it's fine as long as it does the things you need. I still love the passport form factor.
    06-08-17 07:47 PM
    I have delayed my decision to move to K1 until they sort the screen issue. So far my BB SE is a workhorse enough.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 02:25 AM
    Never leave bb10. We need you.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 10:54 AM
    Buy a Sony / Jolla. Sailfish when Passport dies. All the droid apps and no google Inc

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    I'm waiting to hear more about Sailfish OS on Sony before I consider replacing my Samsung Galaxy J3 with a KEYone. I do have a Passport SE, too, which I'm still enjoying immensely. I'm in no hurry to buy a KEYONE, and I find Jolla's Sailfish on Sony intriguing.

Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Passport SE
    06-10-17 03:07 PM
    Google is life. All hail Google. Those who do not use Google will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

I was saying the great decision to stick with the Passport or switch to the K1. You know a weighty decision here and a first world problem of the highest magnitude.

Posted via CB10
    I switched and am not looking back. I too loved my passport, but the switch isn't really that bad. The keyboard is sweet on the K1. With no app limitations and android's customizations you may be surprised how easy the transition really is.
    06-10-17 05:08 PM
    I was getting the itch cause my friends are getting new phones and I did get to play with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ but when it comes to dealing with four people on four different apps and multitasking information between them all, nothing comes close to the Passport. I don't want to go backwards.

One feature that I have become accustomed to is the RGB light. Not many new flagship phones have this. What to do.......

Coincidentally just yesterday I noticed I am developing some inflammation on my left thumb knuckle with some soreness. Hope this goes away soon or I could be forced off lol.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 06-10-17 at 06:16 PM.
    06-10-17 05:53 PM
    I stick to my Passport SE,come what may.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 05:59 PM
    I'm in no hurry to buy a KEYONE, and I find Jolla's Sailfish on Sony intriguing.

Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Passport SE

I'm on the fence too for the Jolla sailfish. If I can get android apps WITHOUT the Google services, I can start replacing my other devices soon. And sony's hardware is very, very good.

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    06-11-17 07:28 PM
    Coincidentally just yesterday I noticed I am developing some inflammation on my left thumb knuckle with some soreness. Hope this goes away soon or I could be forced off lol. Posted via CB10
    Huh?
    06-13-17 02:54 AM
    Huh?
    Ha ok sorry. What I meant was all the pounding on the keyboard of this Passport I believe has caused my left thumb knuckle to get inflamed. It's been three years with it and I think it may be time.

I picked up a Oneplus 3T to try and not sure how I like glass slabs. Feels alien to me.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-17 06:57 AM
    Ha ok sorry. What I meant was all the pounding on the keyboard of this Passport I believe has caused my left thumb knuckle to get inflamed. It's been three years with it and I think it may be time.

I picked up a Oneplus 3T to try and not sure how I like glass slabs. Feels alien to me.

Posted via CB10
    You're supposed to swipe it, not pound it

Seriously, wish you luck on the VKB. Tried a Lumia for a couple months. Went back to my Passport.
    06-13-17 08:18 AM
    You're supposed to swipe it, not pound it

Seriously, wish you luck on the VKB. Tried a Lumia for a couple months. Went back to my Passport.
    Got a great deal on it so if I don't like it I have friends waiting patiently to buy it. I really dislike the VKB but it is easier on the knuckle. Using the swipe to type feature and seems to get me by.

Switching to a new OS is pure frustration!!!! Simple things I do on my Passport are a chore to figure out on Android. BB10 has so many features packed into it that you don't have to download an app to do things but seems that all you do on android to get the functionality you want.
    Going to play with it for a couple weeks and see. Need to get BlackBerry Suite and keyboard on it.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-17 08:25 AM
    I'm on the fence too for the Jolla sailfish. If I can get android apps WITHOUT the Google services, I can start replacing my other devices soon. And sony's hardware is very, very good.
    The problem with that idea is that more and more apps are using GMS (Google Mobile Services), plus Sailfish uses an outdated and quickly-growing-obsolete Android Runtime just like BB10, so just like BB10, apps are starting to require Android 5.0 as a minimum, and those apps won't work on Sailfish anymore. Those problems will only continue to get worse.

Google isn't dumb - they're not going to keep letting other OSs ride their coattails and have access to Google Play, and believe it or not, developers don't want that either.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    06-13-17 06:43 PM
    The problem with that idea is that more and more apps are using GMS (Google Mobile Services), plus Sailfish uses an outdated and quickly-growing-obsolete Android Runtime just like BB10, so just like BB10, apps are starting to require Android 5.0 as a minimum, and those apps won't work on Sailfish anymore. Those problems will only continue to get worse.

Google isn't dumb - they're not going to keep letting other OSs ride their coattails and have access to Google Play, and believe it or not, developers don't want that either.
    Yes I agree that sailfish is lagging behind on the android runtime . I'm more concern of the OS. I just need certain types of apps. I don't need the latest and greatest. More of a alternative to what's in Google play store without the intrusion. Right now I'm testing out a nexus 5x using Copperhead OS and it is running flawlessly. My main goal is to use an locked down OS and still have the flexibility of running what I want

Posted via CB10
    06-13-17 09:30 PM
26 12