My BB passport has suddenly failed to recognise just one contact, so any call or text from that contact/mobile number produces no notification - neither sound nor message.

I have changed the name of the contact, used the mobile number in a different field ('work' instead of 'home'), added specific notification settings for that one contact, but the problem continues. I have no notification at all if that contact tries to contact me.

There was no issue prior to this problem - it just suddenly stopped working.

This happened some time ago (with a different contact) .... exactly the same problem, and occurred for no apparent reason. It only corrected itself after an update was carried out on the software. The phone was fine again for months, but has occurred again now albeit with a different contact.

My phone has the latest software so there is no update I can input.

Any ideas?
    09-20-19 02:19 PM
    My BB passport has suddenly failed to recognise just one contact, so any call or text from that contact/mobile number produces no notification - neither sound nor message.

I have changed the name of the contact, used the mobile number in a different field ('work' instead of 'home'), added specific notification settings for that one contact, but the problem continues. I have no notification at all if that contact tries to contact me.

There was no issue prior to this problem - it just suddenly stopped working.

This happened some time ago (with a different contact) .... exactly the same problem, and occurred for no apparent reason. It only corrected itself after an update was carried out on the software. The phone was fine again for months, but has occurred again now albeit with a different contact.

My phone has the latest software so there is no update I can input.

Any ideas?
    Try deleting the contact, rebooting, and then creating the contact again.
    09-20-19 02:57 PM
    Yep tried that! No luck
    09-20-19 03:27 PM
    Yep tried that! No luck
    Someone was successful by doing this:

"In the text thread with that particular contact, click on the drop down menu on the bottom right corner. Then select END CHAT."
    09-20-19 03:57 PM
    Hi, no I have tried this already...that is even more bizarre because when I end chat...so it disappears, but when I compose a new text the entire thread is visible again!
    09-20-19 04:08 PM
    Hi, no I have tried this already...that is even more bizarre because when I end chat...so it disappears, but when I compose a new text the entire thread is visible again!
    There are a bunch of ideas in this thread:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ntacts-994899/
    09-20-19 04:28 PM
    That's great! I've had a read through, most ideas already tried but one or two new ideas to try...
    09-20-19 05:11 PM
    I have now tried all of the above ideas but still no change.
    09-21-19 12:24 PM
    I have now tried all of the above ideas but still no change.
    A factory reset is your friend.
    09-21-19 07:01 PM