They need to include World of Warcraft!
    09-05-14 07:43 PM
    While you're probably right, I'm seeing a lot of buzz to suggest that even Note fans aren't really thrilled by the Note 4. The Edge looks nifty, and it might get a little attention, but the plain Note 4 seems to be getting a whole load of "Meh".

The Passport doesn't directly challenge the Note anyway, but I think it DOES have an interesting advantage: it looks VERY different from every other phone out there right now. If it's on display in a store, people WILL look at it, if only to sneer and say "really??". But there will be a few who might actually like the concept. And this isn't a bad time for a security-oriented brand to be introducing a new phone...
    I don't disagree with what u said Thunderbuck. I admit I haven't been on the Internet much today to see people's reactions to the Note 4.

I don't know....i guess I look at it like people looked at the Passport originally. People hated the look of it but at the end of the day, BlackBerry fans are going to support it and buy it lol. At the end of the day, Samsung fans are mostly likely gonna still purchase the Note 4 lol. I just don't know how much of a "opportunity" people like the OP think this is going to give the PassPort. I really do hope though that Chen had his marketing in place to take advantage any way they can. The PassPort I'd undeniably different and hopefully BlackBerry can get people's interest peaked even more

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 08:57 PM
    I'd rather sell 10,000 units at a profit than 100,000 at a loss.

Z30 144GB
    09-05-14 10:08 PM
    They need to include World of Warcraft!
    That's one way to bring down a company. What a sh*tty game

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 10:53 PM
    It's not about who does first...its about how you do it better.

For example Sony and BlackBerry started the music and communication revolution, but just think how apple did those things better and won the customers loyalty and it's still growing.

The target user base may be different for passport, but if BlackBerry keeps that mindset passport will just sell like z and q devices. So its all comes under the category of smartphones.

Bottom line is if passport manages to do things better than other smartphones it will sell.So there is a competition from note and ip6 and passport should excite those users to bring back BlackBerry the old glory.

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    gokulesh likes this.
    09-05-14 11:54 PM

Z30 144GB
    Love that signature, just two qst is your 128gb running flawless ? What is your reference @

Posted from my flawless BlackBerry Z30
    09-06-14 03:32 AM
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Jennifer Lawrence rocking a q10 or a Passport

Posted via CB10
    Khaled Aznawi likes this.
    09-06-14 03:50 AM
    Firstly this is my opinion.

1st) Blackberry has a unique design over most other devices. Specifically that 1:1 ration and square form factor. This makes them stand out from the pack.

2nd) it has a Touch sensitive Qwerty keyboard. This is most definatly an "advantage" as it give a unique feature that isn't offered on any other device.

3rd) Massive Battery, who doesn't want a phone that will last the whole day?? If you tell people your BlackBerry will last you easily 2 days with Low - Moderate use. You will attract people.

I could go on but I'm sure people have stopped reading. Bottom line BlackBerry does has advantages with its devices and I hope like hell that this device does well and put BlackBerry on the up for the next few years

BlackBerry 10 Wallpapers (BBM Channel) C004635F8
    Agree with you on the battery. My Z30 lasts almost 2 days with above moderate usage and I love the fact that I am not hugging the wall.

Z30 STA-2 10.3.0.1052 Posted via CB
    09-06-14 04:05 AM

Z30 144GB
    Even if it was a one cent / unit profit versus a 1 cent / unit loss? I'd definitely go for the loss in that situation.
    09-06-14 05:26 AM
    Even if it was a one cent / unit profit versus a 1 cent / unit loss? I'd definitely go for the loss in that situation.
    So a $1,000 loss is better than a $100 win?
    Don't go to Vegas...
    You must be factoring in a product that has an ongoing income stream....or writing off the loss as advertising/brand exposure.

Z30 144GB
    09-06-14 05:55 PM
    Love that signature, just two qst is your 128gb running flawless ? What is your reference @

Posted from my flawless BlackBerry Z30
    So far so good, but not over 64gb yet and we have been warned that problems may happen around that point. It has large files rather than thousands of small files. Back ups are done regularly.

Z30 144GB
    09-06-14 06:01 PM
    Better build quality, better multi-window, stylus and battery life. Good upgrade for Note 2 users but not a WOW phone.
    Crazy good camera upgrades. All of the other features as well. Heart rate sensor that actually has some other functions, crazy screen, even more S-pen features, build quality etc

I understand that this is a BB forum and we all want the Passport to succeed but let's be real here.....the Note 4 is an absolute beast
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-06-14 07:36 PM
    Crazy good camera upgrades. All of the other features as well. Heart rate sensor that actually has some other functions, crazy screen, even more S-pen features, build quality etc

I understand that this is a BB forum and we all want the Passport to succeed but let's be real here.....the Note 4 is an absolute beast
    Fair point, but even Sammy fans will admit that Samsung is notorious for adding laundry lists of features, even though the actual usefulness of these features can be questionable at times.

And the Note 4 looks exactly like the Note 3. The big guys play it safe at their peril at this point.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    09-08-14 01:17 AM
    I have a good friend who has a Note 3 on T-Mobile and she doesn't receive TXT when connected to WiFi.

According to what T-Mobile has told her this is a known issue with the Note3.

T-Mobile Z10 STL100-3 running 10.3.0.1154
    09-08-14 05:41 AM
    Watch out for hackers!
    09-08-14 02:36 PM
    10.3 runs very smooth and with little lag on my Z10. Can't imagine how smooth on the Passport with those specs. The OS has become more refined and cleaner with the new update to come in 10.3. Android is a inefficient cluttered OS and all eh specs in the world can't help it. My opinion of course.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 05:37 PM
    Fair point, but even Sammy fans will admit that Samsung is notorious for adding laundry lists of features, even though the actual usefulness of these features can be questionable at times.

And the Note 4 looks exactly like the Note 3. The big guys play it safe at their peril at this point.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    Yes if Samsung wanted to make a leap they'd have the Edge become the Note4 and pour all their development into that model, but when millions of units are at stake its difficult to stretch.
    09-08-14 06:33 PM
42 12