Just Picked up a note 4 as I have been a hardcore BlackBerry for years had to do it for note writing

Must confess BlackBerry is BlackBerry
    And no match what so ever as I use a BlackBerry Passport fro the past 4 Months..and have seen all the device journey of BlackBerry...no way closer to the to Note 4...BlackBerry Passport and Technology of BlackBerry is far far superior no Match!!at all..in all aspects!!!!!

Classy....Passport
    04-17-15 08:08 AM
    So true, the Passport is the best Smart phone on the market.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 08:14 AM
    It's a tough call. I have both devices also, and I love them both. The Passport is much better at email, and general communications, BUT the Note 4 is a multimedia BEAST! I just love listening to music and watching streaming media on my Note!
    04-17-15 08:17 AM
    Can't agree more. The Passport is an amazing phone! I keep talking to others about their phone of choice: it amazes me how many have a smartphone but do not know what it can and can't do! They just get what the salesperson recommends, or what they saw on TV. Android and Apple just don't appeal to me. Windows phone? That us a big yuck!! BlackBerry Passport is amazing!!

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 08:19 AM
    Just Picked up a note 4 as I have been a hardcore BlackBerry for years had to do it for note writing

Must confess BlackBerry is BlackBerry
    And no match what so ever as I use a BlackBerry Passport fro the past 4 Months..and have seen all the device journey of BlackBerry...no way closer to the to Note 4...BlackBerry Passport and Technology of BlackBerry is far far superior no Match!!at all..in all aspects!!!!!

Classy....Passport
    I wouldn't go quite that far. I had a Note Edge and my hubby still has the Note 4. The BB PP runs faster and smoother and the build is far superior but I still give the Note the edge in features. That said, a lot of times, all these fancy features are things you may not use a lot so not having them isn't as big of a deal as you think. Eventually it will become more about how the phone actually works (speed, efficiency, etc.) and it is here that the Passport excels. I must say though, when I first held the Passport, it was the incredibly solid feel of it that really attracted me to it. The rest is just icing on the cake.
    Xenolock and pkcable like this.
    04-17-15 08:25 AM
    TBH I can't quite tell if OP was praising Note 4 or Passport

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    RWB3325, howarmat, step07 and 2 others like this.
    04-17-15 12:20 PM
    I really do love my PP but that Note Edge is making me think about getting it. I may just have to break down and get both of them.
    04-17-15 12:21 PM
    I really do love my PP but that Note Edge is making me think about getting it. I may just have to break down and get both of them.
    The Edge is nice and has some very unique features about it. I did like it but I sometimes think it may have to much going on because of all the phones I've ever had (many), this is the one that I would say would get laggy the most. Doesn't mean it's bad but after dealing with that with Android phones for a long period of time, I decided I needed to get away. I also considered Windows Phone which I like a lot but they haven't come out with a premium Flagship device in well over a year. Tired of waiting. My heart now belongs to Blackberry and I KNOW this was an excellent decision. Love my Passport.

Addition: Maybe I should elaborate more. I wanted a premium Lumia phone. Me thinks Microsoft is taking them in a direction opposite of what I'd like to see. More reason to stick with my Berry
    lang007 likes this.
    04-17-15 01:20 PM
    TBH I can't quite tell if OP was praising Note 4 or Passport

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    Me also... rather confused.
    04-17-15 02:26 PM
    Me also... rather confused.
    The title was confusing but I think he realized that the Passport was a far superior device in his opinion.
    04-17-15 02:55 PM
    I'm not worried people are leaving Passport for Samsung Note or that new gimmicky S6 Edge because they will all come back to Blackberry. BB10 by far is the most efficient OS.

Long live the most delicious fruit on the planet.
    zombiecupcake and vanmat like this.
    04-17-15 03:23 PM
    Even though video is black-barred due to the square screen, I find that the PP has better sound playback than the Note 4. In fact, a friend who has a Note 4 was stunned by the Passport's sound quality.

-- Passport, VMO, Toronto CA
    04-19-15 11:22 PM
    I realize the OP is talking about the Note 4 but today I checked out a S6 Edge at Costco and held it next to my white Passport. What a difference. The Samsung, which is praised for its build, felt no where near as well built as my Passport. In fact not as good as my Z30 and it felt small which is likely due to the edges sloping downward. Mind you I own 3 Samsung Tab Pro tablets so I am not bashing Samsung but the hype over the S6 in my opinion is not worthy. If the masses only gave a new BlackBerry and BlackBerry 10 a shot they would quickly realize just how good they and the OS are. My take is that the sloping edges on the newer Samsung are a gimmick with little to no functionality.

Z30-simply the best touch screen BlackBerry
    thymaster likes this.
    04-20-15 12:58 AM
    I have Note Edge and Passport.
    I wouldn't say one is better than the other as both are good at things I want to get done by each.

I'm not going to talk about multimedia consumption.
    For productivity sake, yesterday I tried editing Spreadsheet on Passport and it was nightmare using DocsToGo. I ended up editing it on Edge and then moved it to Passport.

I was quite shocked that the DocsToGo was so lacking as this was my first real use of on a well advertised area of Passport.

And then comes screen writing and editing. No comparison at all.

However typing on BlackBerry and reading specially on Passport is so better. There are also many builtin features that is keeping me going with BlackBerry. I just hope it gets better.

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-20-15 02:19 AM
    I also considered Windows Phone which I like a lot but they haven't come out with a premium Flagship device in well over a year. Tired of waiting. My heart now belongs to Blackberry and I KNOW this was an excellent decision. Love my Passport.

Addition: Maybe I should elaborate more. I wanted a premium Lumia phone. Me thinks Microsoft is taking them in a direction opposite of what I'd like to see. More reason to stick with my Berry
    Windows Phone is ok and offers a pretty fresh UI and experience. However Microsoft more or less seems ruining it. New phones are virtually all el-cheapo Lumias for less than 200 bucks, no hints of new flagships, their current mainstream flagships 930/Icon have some flaws nobody understands and the original Nokia spirit is gone with the all-Microsoft Lumias.
    On the software side, Microsoft started getting rid of many unique Windows Phone elements with 8.1 and continues doing so with Windows 10. Soon it seems to be just another Android interface with a Live Tiles homescreen.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 03:58 AM
  16. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    All I know is my Passport is Awesome and from the comments coming from the beta testers of OS 10.3.2.500 , it looks like it's gonna get a whole lot better!!!

From my amazing Passport
    Tokyo

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 04:12 AM
    The Note 4 cannot compare to the Blackberry Passport. It is horrible to use and has a clunky interface. I plan to sell mine, should I find anyone willing to buy it! My husband got one after using an iPhone for years, you know when he is on his phone as all you hear is him cursing it...

Posted via CB10
    Xenolock and thymaster like this.
    04-20-15 05:40 AM
    04-20-15 06:29 AM
    Windows Phone is ok and offers a pretty fresh UI and experience. However Microsoft more or less seems ruining it. New phones are virtually all el-cheapo Lumias for less than 200 bucks, no hints of new flagships, their current mainstream flagships 930/Icon have some flaws nobody understands and the original Nokia spirit is gone with the all-Microsoft Lumias.
    On the software side, Microsoft started getting rid of many unique Windows Phone elements with 8.1 and continues doing so with Windows 10. Soon it seems to be just another Android interface with a Live Tiles homescreen.

Posted via CB10
    I think so too. They rid of a feature that was one of the main reasons I liked them - The Family Room. You can still get to it if you want to use it (thru OneNote) but it no longer has it's own tile. I just don't like this new direction. At least Blackberry seems to be making changes for the better. I hope they stick with it.
    04-20-15 06:56 AM
    Why is everything trying to copy the iphone 6? S6, S6 edge, and now the Sony Experia Z4. Smh.
    04-20-15 07:49 AM
    I think this comparison nails it. Exactly my thoughts.

04-20-15 08:13 AM
    Was also confused if Note or Passport was better...

But always amazes me how many people watch movies in their phones.

I never buy my phones because it's awesome at watching movies. Why da hell am I watching a movie on a tiny screen?!?! I guess some people don't have big screen TVs at home?

I love movies and I have a homethatre at home. I guess I don't find the enjoyment of watching movies in small screen or just patient to watch it at home.

If I do fly then I have my laptop or tablet to watch something but never on mu phone!

Posted via CB10
    bh7171 likes this.
    04-20-15 09:16 AM
    I think this comparison nails it. Exactly my thoughts.

Yah, I'd say it was pretty close although I'll say as well that I do not choose my phone based on watching video's and listening to music. That's secondary. Pretty much everything else is in play and this guy is pretty much spot on. Choose the Note 4 for media consumption and choose the Passport for heavy lifting in the text/reading/productivity department.
    04-20-15 11:52 AM
    Buy a high end Samsung tablet for media consumption and use blend with your Passport. Very cool set up for my needs. Would love a BlackBerry 10 tablet. I miss the swiping on my PlayBook and prefer BlackBerry 10 over Android by miles.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    tmoore3496 likes this.
    04-20-15 03:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    So true! Nokia is lost somewhere. Remember E90 and 8800 sliders, still love them. MS is not ready for mobile OS!

Posted via CB10
    tmoore3496 likes this.
    04-20-15 04:12 PM
31 12