Don't have passport unfortunately but I will tell you guys something aboiut Note 3 battery life.

I got it because of everyone on AndroidCentral forums raving about battery life.

I just went from 100 to 20 in 6.5hrs and that's with me sleeping for 2-3hrs in between.

Evne with a brand new battery a full day is rare and 24hrs unheard of.

Obviously if you don't use it, it will 'last' but it has poor reception, and android handling of email and communication is garbage.

--
    Can't wait to sell and get my Passport.
    thymaster likes this.
    11-17-14 09:40 PM
    obviously something is wrong with your note. that wouldnt by typical battey life
    Tabdus likes this.
    11-17-14 09:55 PM
    obviously something is wrong with your note. that wouldnt by typical battey life
    I agree, check all settings and determine if an app is culprit. I. Doing so and it remains same, suspect fault with the phone.

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247
    11-17-14 10:00 PM
    Typical Samsung phone. Meh.
    RexdaleNap likes this.
    11-18-14 01:50 AM
    No what I get is typical as the GSM Arena web browsing test gives it around 9.5hrs.

With most sites having white backgrounds with a new battery it is still 8-10hrs which is what it's rated for.
    I can pull around that with my old battery with the radio turned off. However, I need to make calls and communicate and the phone is showing its weaknesses.
    --
    I just hope to get most of what I need to do on the web over with before the passport; it's rated at 10 hr 15min while note 4 is 10 45. (web browsing)

Overall I think z10-z30-passport would have been better. I only stopped at android because of Heins and the crappy z10.

If either z30 or passport had launched 01/13 I would be making fun of laggy android here still.

And even with no animations, jedi elite rom, and whole load of rooted changes it's still laggy. lol,

--

All I'm looking for with the passport is atleast 12hrs battery life and the good 'old' days when I had a bold 9700 and could type out essays for highschool on it no prob.

The z30 is good but I don't think a narrow touch screen could handle that (z30 probably has better battery life too).

With the passport having a non-removable battery I'll have to see next year.

With how big the passport is already I don't think I would go back to a modern 9810.

Screen size is over-rated Imo, most people think 5ish is small because they put a case that covers it up around the edges.

A 5.7" phone is just a hassle that is still too narrow to type comfortably.

I would z10 6/10, note 3 2/10 and from what I've seen z30 8/10 and passport 10/10 unless it has small issues then 9/10 (uneven backlight, logo issues, etc.)
    11-18-14 02:38 AM
    My experience is opposite from you OP. I also came from note 3 which I used it for one full year. After installing custom kernel(lean kernel) and some visual modification, my note 3 idle battery hour was awesome. It actually blow away my current passport in terms of battery life.

I had 4 google accounts(two for business, one for mu personal use, and one for newsletter subscribed) set up constantly syncing at the background for email and calendars with facebook, twitter, and several other messengers(line, kakaotalk, bbm, skype, tango, wechat, hangout, and telegrams) for people who I know. And it only lose 2-3% of battery at the most over night(6-7 hrs), and easily last me 1.5 day with heavy use unless I play games or watch youtube videos all the times. That was definitely the beast with the most impressive battery life for past 13 years of smartphone use. Yes note drains battery fast while watching video or playing game for its bigger screen size, but it hardly use the battery while it is not in use.

In that sense, I'm quite disappointed with my passport's battery life. It drains almost 10% over the night in comparison to 2% of note 3, and definitely lose battery at much faster rate while it is not constantly being used. I did security wipe twice to resolve this issue, and only installed above mentioned messengers and several bank apps from android market using snap. I need them at least for my business.

Yes, I still get average of 1.5 day of battery with my passport since passport doesn't eat up the battery with screen on like note 3 even though it's idle battery life is terrible. Therefore, I get the similar whole usage time here at the end.

So far, the superior keyboard and hub is the only thing that holds me from moving back to android(possibly note 4). I miss the awesome battery life and convenience of using android apps not worrying about the compatability.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 07:15 AM
    Yeah I can pull 48-54hrs on note 3 if I don't use a lot.

I'm just going to nexus 7 and passport.

Keyboard and hub mainly for me as well.

I like bb10 as well only problem is no native ਪੰਜਾਬੀ like samsung.
    12-03-14 05:37 AM
    I think the worse battery life is probably due to low signal, but that is something that won't exist on the passport due to a much better antenna.

The battery life seems to be fine outside, and when Im on wifi only at home.

Note 3 is good but now that I have a nexus 7 and passport I really like having the keyboard for communication, and larger screen for videos.

Overall both things together, even new are cheaper than a note 4.
    12-06-14 03:34 PM
    Nothing beats BlackBerry Passport battery life!

Posted via CB10
    calicocat2010 and thymaster like this.
    12-06-14 03:55 PM
    Coming from Note 3 to Passport....I'd have to say Note 3 was better, even when I used the Passport on their stock OS. Now, that i installed a leak for Passport, it's better than ever.
    12-06-14 04:06 PM
    Nothing beats BlackBerry Passport battery life!

Posted via CB10
    With my experience, passport's battery life is only on good side in general but definitely not the best one at all.

My note 3 had much better(almost 2x) battery life with same usage pattern with same features on all the times(like WiFi, bluetooth, background sync, lte always on...). And my friend's note 4 seemed to be even better than note 3.

I love keyboard and hub too much to move back to android, but I definitely think that BlackBerry os 10 has a lot more room to improve with its battery life in aspect of software...

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 11:31 PM
    Note 3 vs Passport Battery Life-2014-12-07-00-24-08.jpgNote 3 vs Passport Battery Life-2014-12-07-00-23-55.jpg

I'm gomna reload os that is on new battery eith wifi only
    12-07-14 06:38 AM