Good day everyone,

Many years ago I used the blackberry curve and have very fond memories of that device. I have used my note 3 for nearly two years, but the battery life is beginning to bug me due to it draining fairly quickly. A friend recommended I check out the blackberry passport silver edition due to the high battery life and since I don't use my phone as portable console or media player all that much.

I intend to use the passport with wifi, as my note 3 is still on contract, but am 90% near a wifi network. I have read the forums and watched videos demonstrating the durability of the device. However I have also seen issues such as with the software, build quality and QC other members have posted. So I wanted to ask the community directly, I wish to have a phone with high battery life, reliability, and durability that allows me to use basic apps for communication such as skype, Facebook and LinkedIn. Would this device meet my needs? I use my Note 3 as a more of portable computer/console that needs to be charged every 4-6 hours with moderate to heavy use. Love the phone, but I want a secondary device more geared towards productivity.
    11-21-15 10:25 AM
    oor skype, useless facebook, ok twitter. Excellent device. Your choice

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 10:33 AM
    i wish it would be a vzw pp , most people are happy with it
    her is a link for all your needs :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/
    and also patch skype android version
    11-21-15 10:37 AM
    If it helps, I just moved this week from a Note 4 to an SE. I loved the screen and app support on the Note, but I find the SE to be a much better device overall - incredible keyboard that allows me to type more accurately, great look and feel, battery life at least on par with the Note, Hub.

I'm finding myself using some website versions of Apps now, including Facebook, Kijiji. Overall the apps are much better on Android, but I definitely enjoy the overall experience more on the SE. You won't regret it if you get one.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 01:48 PM
    Actually I moved from a Note 3 to a passport SE this past October. Best move I ever made. I also still have the Note 3 but only use it as a TV channel changer via Peel Smart Remote. Moving to the PP SE has increased my productivity and reduced my laptop use (partially due to using Viira) amazing device! Regarding your note 3, if you want to quadruple your battery life, go into Settings > Application Manager >All > and disable this:Unified Daemon (EUR)
    11-21-15 01:49 PM
    Priv to SE

Posted via CB10
    leglace1 likes this.
    11-21-15 02:41 PM
    Thanks everyone! The phone looks a tad odd, but the looks are growing on me. Anyone recommend a case or screen protector? I know this phone is durable, but was curious.
    11-21-15 03:26 PM
    I've got the leather flex and flip cases. I generally use the flex case, with a screen protector though I plan on ordering a tempered glass version as it holds up better and offers more protection.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 03:50 PM
    I've got the leather flex and flip cases. I generally use the flex case, with a screen protector though I plan on ordering a tempered glass version as it holds up better and offers more protection.

Posted via CB10
    From blackberry or a third party?
    11-21-15 04:07 PM
    You will not regret the passport, I promise. I moved from a 6 plus and it was the best move ever.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 05:28 PM
    I don't use social media but you could download facebook and skype from Amazon or Snap since the BlackBerry versions suck from what I hear?

As far as I'm concerned you should make the Passport your main phone and use the Note on wifi as a backup media player. Just my opinion. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    Joshua Sidell likes this.
    11-21-15 05:36 PM
    In regards to apps: I use linkedin, facebook, instagram and twitter from snap and they all work flawless for me with no problems.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    11-21-15 06:26 PM
    From blackberry or a third party?
    From BlackBerry. Fits perfect and looks great. 3rd parties are hit and miss.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 06:48 PM
    Thank you! Right now I am about to get the SE model from B&H photo. Also looking at a glass screen protector and a case, but not sure if its needed due to the phones durability.
    11-21-15 06:59 PM
    I don't use a case on the passport, it can take a beating. You'll love the phone it's well worth the money. It's by far the best phone I've ever used for daily things.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    11-21-15 07:09 PM
    Thank you! Right now I am about to get the SE model from B&H photo. Also looking at a glass screen protector and a case, but not sure if its needed due to the phones durability.
    Look up the Ringke Fusion case.
    As for the phone being a counsel......
    It can be used as such. Just note that you won't have the same wide screen view for watching video as you would on the note by turning the phone sideways. Otherwise, I've found the passport to be just as good if not better than Android. Give it some time and you'll love the BB10 UI.
    11-21-15 07:15 PM
    I don't use a case or screen protector but I'm very careful with my phones and feel the passport is tough so don't really need it.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 07:16 PM
    I have dropped my Note 3 from 3ft - 4ft heights by accident and the case as taken the brunt of it. Then again it's a Samsung and without a case, minus the S6 active, it is likely to crack. Doesn't seem to be the case for the blackberry. Has anyone broken or cracked their screen when dropping it from waist or stomach level height?
    11-21-15 07:22 PM
    I have dropped my Note 3 from 3ft - 4ft heights by accident and the case as taken the brunt of it. Then again it's a Samsung and without a case, minus the S6 active, it is likely to crack. Doesn't seem to be the case for the blackberry. Has anyone broken or cracked their screen when dropping it from waist or stomach level height?
    I can't vouch for the Passport but I've dropped my Q10 from waist high 3 or 4 times and no cracks in the screen, only a few minor dings on the bezel. No case or screen protector.

Posted via CB10
    Joshua Sidell likes this.
    11-21-15 08:06 PM
    The Passport is a work of art. And the keyboard is a joy to use.

It wouldn't be home now in a drawer if it could do more than calls. Text. And email.

The lack of apps is a deal breaker for me.
    11-21-15 11:22 PM
    The Passport is a work of art. And the keyboard is a joy to use.

It wouldn't be home now in a drawer if it could do more than calls. Text. And email.

The lack of apps is a deal breaker for me.
    What kind of apps do you typically use compared to Android or iPhone? I have a lot of apps on my note 3 but only really use about 5
    11-22-15 12:04 AM
    I always found PP OG /SE and android /ios tablet as perfect combination..can't work on android slab..too slow too difficult to do anything meaningful

Passport SE
    11-22-15 06:37 AM
    Went from note 3 to the passport this summer and have zero regrets. I get far more done with the passport..and fantastic battery life.

Posted via CB10
    Darkfibre80 likes this.
    11-22-15 07:27 AM
    I always found PP OG /SE and android /ios tablet as perfect combination..can't work on android slab..too slow too difficult to do anything meaningful

Passport SE
    Same here. I had a Note 4, which was really good as a mini tablet but not very good at texting, calling, etc. I found now that I have paired up a Passport SE and a Nexus / iPad tablet for movies, Chromecast, etc, it's a great combination.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 02:22 PM
    The passport is the best phone I have ever owned. In my opinions you need to figure out what you will be using the phone for. As a strictly business phone with some minor apps thrown in for fun every now an then this phone is one of the best on the market. Strictly for selfies, games, and twitter? This phone is not for you.

My needs have changed recently with my job, I find myself not needing such a powerhouse phone. My q10 is my daily driver now, with the passport sitting at home for random emails, quick surfing, and occasional clash of clans.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 02:40 PM
35 12