Sigh... I really do hate fanboys, but
    ...let me be one myself.

lol

Look your points mat be valid in your view but don't discount my views either.

I personally have a Nexus 5, iPad, iPod and a Z-10...all of which get use regularly.

You are saying everything is crap except iOS, why you calling me a fanboy? Which device am I a fanboy of?
    08-31-14 03:20 PM
    Says you...

Most think in platforms, Apple or Android...then the "others".

Android is not only leading but growing...fast.
    when 99% of the phones on the market are Android, it better be leading... Only Iphone has iOS, only 4 phones with BB10, and Windows Phone also only has a handfull of phones....

Android in 2013 has been in 1,868 models across 1,778 brands according to a study in 2013
    08-31-14 04:18 PM
    when 99% of the phones on the market are Android, it better be leading... Only Iphone has iOS, only 4 phones with BB10, and Windows Phone also only has a handfull of phones....

Android in 2013 has been in 1,868 models across 1,778 brands according to a study in 2013
    Agreed

Android is leading the platform race...
    08-31-14 04:26 PM
    Agreed

Android is leading the platform race...
    It's not a race man.... Android and iOS are the oldest "modern" OS... Back then, If you were a phone maker you had NO CHOICE but go with android, because apple won't let you use iOS.

Later came WP8 and BB10, but those came too late when iOS and Android were already dominating the market...

Samsung is BY FAR the most sucessfull Android platform, but Samsung is desperate to go away from android, with heavy costomization Android (AKA Touchwizz), and with the creation of Tizen OS. now Samsung is pushing Tizen again with smartwatches
    08-31-14 04:36 PM

If you're going to count all iPhones as one, then you have to count all BlackBerry's (which there is like 6 to 9, I forget). There are 3 iPhones per generation. Point is, iPhone, Windows and BlackBerry have more devices that are different in every way. You can't just say, oh those iPhones are crap etc. And Android isn't leading the market, Android as a whole is less than iOS. It's just Samsung out-selling iOS

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 04:38 PM
    If you're going to count all iPhones as one, then you have to count all BlackBerry's (which there is like 6 to 9, I forget). There are 3 iPhones per generation. Point is, iPhone, Windows and BlackBerry have more devices that are different in every way. You can't just say, oh those iPhones are crap etc. And Android isn't leading the market, Android as a whole is less than iOS. It's just Samsung out-selling iOS

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't realy make a difference for the argument... There were only 8 iphones so far, we are talking about probably more than 12,000 androids at the moment.

Android is leading the market-share, there are more devices with android than any other OS, but when it comes to brands, Apple with Iphone is selling the most phones. Twist it the way you want it, Android is has the most market-share in "business terms", and if you go to talk to a business man and say otherwise, he say that you're blind.
    OS market-share is how many devices have it installed, doesn't matter if it is from different brands
    The same way Windows leads the market against OSX and Linux.

That's how business works, and doesn't change the fact that the Iphone is the most sucessfull smartphone, and still is the best selling phone by far.
    Residing likes this.
    08-31-14 04:48 PM
    Sigh... I really do hate fanboys, but what I hate more than fanboys are the delusional ones who spew whatever on the internet. Your quote said "A 4" phone dominates the consumer landscape" no where in that quote did it say marketshare. The iPhone by itself is the most successful phone in terms of mindshare AND market share. More people want the next iPhone single handedly to any other singular entity of phones from any other OS, this is fact. When you start talking about Android vs iPhone instead of S5 vs 5s or One to s5 you not only show your bias, you also show how utterly stupid your train of thought is.

The second part was "HTC....Flawed design". This has NOTHING to do with it not being an Apple product and EVERYTHING to do with the phone itself. The quote was referencing how HTC has built one of the best Android phones of all time, but means nothing when its achilles is a major one which would be its camera, ie flawed. Again NOTHING to do with it not being Apple because I guarantee if they had put a great camera on the back they would have locked down the most Android device sales.

On to Samsung. They are known to be one of the most uninspiring companies when it comes to phone design/material. You bringing other companies who also use plastic further promote Samsung's problem. Why can other companies also use plastic in their phone and make better use of it, but Samsung cannot? It doesn't matter how many phones Samsung sells in the Android side of things because they have the deepest pockets and keep their products in peoples minds, but at this point in its phone life cycle they aren't retaining customers. A lot of them are going to other phone companies after using the their devices due to a myriad of reasons and good number attests to the materials used in its design. LG is the company largely benefiting from this.

Apple may not be the #1 company in terms of sales around the globe and the iPhone may not be the #1 phone in every country, but rest assured no other company is making the money Apple makes off of their phones and for damn sure no modern, singular device has sold more.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Now did you really have to go and inject reason and logic into this thread?

Posted via CB10
    luniboy26 likes this.
    08-31-14 04:55 PM
    [B]It's not a race man....
    I beg to differ....

It is absolutely a race, one that does not have a foreseeable end mind you.

Its iOS and Android, not iOS and list of a 100 Android phone device makers.

Its a binary decision....unless you are considering WP or BB10.

The only variant is when the decision is android then it comes down to what device is chosen, it still however was predicated on the Android platform over iOS right?

So I repeat my opinion, and that is Android dominates iOS and by extension iPhone as they have only a couple of variants.
    08-31-14 04:56 PM
    This article on The Verge titled "Smartphones are about to get awesome again", about next month's launches doesn't even have one word about BlackBerry.

What does this tells about BB's marketing?

Smartphones are about to get awesome again | The Verge
    Don't you not know, the Verge is usually anti-anything not Apple ? Just wait until the 9 September to read the boyish Xmas like attitude of Verge staff at the launch, everything shown will be revolutionary, it will be new, the best features ever. We've seen it too often to expect anything else. Expect a " meh" review at best for the BlackBerry Passport.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-31-14 04:57 PM
    Expect a " meh" review at best for the BlackBerry Passport.
    Actually, you should not expect The Verge to review the Passport at all.
    08-31-14 04:59 PM
    Based on what quantitative evidence ? The opinions of users of other platforms ? When a person states a company is dead (dead meaning no life whatsoever) you need to provide empirical evidence this obtains.

08-31-14 05:04 PM
    Don't you realize the plot, "out of sight ,out of mind", sadly you will have readers unwise enough to never question the no mention of BlackBerry, who last time I checked haven't filed chap 11.

08-31-14 05:06 PM
    This article on The Verge titled "Smartphones are about to get awesome again", about next month's launches doesn't even have one word about BlackBerry.

What does this tells about BB's marketing?

Smartphones are about to get awesome again | The Verge
    Does Blackberry actually have an official launch date for the Passport and Classic?

Or is it "sometime in Q4 2015" dates? They mentioned iOS because Apple announced their date last week. Also unlike Apple Blackberry doesn't keep things under wraps.

The next round of iOS devices will be announced September 9th when is the Passport and Classic going to hit the shelves?

Posted via my Q10
    dejanh likes this.
    08-31-14 05:07 PM
    Based on what quantitative evidence?
    How about the fact that The Verge did not write reviews for the last 5 BlackBerry phones? Here are their "product pages", which are auto-generated. Note that none of them have a review.

Z30: Z30 Specs & Latest News | BlackBerry | The Verge
    9720: BlackBerry 9720 Specs & Latest News | BlackBerry | The Verge
    Q5: Q5 Specs & Latest News | BlackBerry | The Verge
    Q10: Q10 Specs & Latest News | BlackBerry | The Verge
    Z10: Z10 Specs & Latest News | BlackBerry | The Verge
    08-31-14 05:18 PM
    Does Blackberry actually have an official launch date for the Passport and Classic?

Or is it "sometime in Q4 2015" dates? They mentioned iOS because Apple announced their date last week. Also unlike Apple Blackberry doesn't keep things under wraps.

The next round of iOS devices will be announced September 9th when is the Passport and Classic going to hit the shelves?

Posted via my Q10
    "Soon" as always for BlackBerry. ;-)

Posted from an ME173X
    08-31-14 05:35 PM
    When the time is right the Passport will be announced...those of us who waited for it will buy it....if we love it we will post it...if there is anything revolutionary about it we will post it.....the word will spread the momentum will gather --> thats the kind of advert that will have to work on this side...deal with it
    08-31-14 10:27 PM
    How about the fact that The Verge did not write reviews for the last 5 BlackBerry phones? Here are their "product pages", which are auto-generated. Note that none of them have a review.

Z30: Z30 Specs & Latest News | BlackBerry | The Verge
    9720: BlackBerry 9720 Specs & Latest News | BlackBerry | The Verge
    Q5: Q5 Specs & Latest News | BlackBerry | The Verge
    Q10: Q10 Specs & Latest News | BlackBerry | The Verge
    Z10: Z10 Specs & Latest News | BlackBerry | The Verge
    You're right... But since the passport is such a one of a kind device with unique features, maybe it gets some attention
    08-31-14 10:53 PM
    Samsung has a bigger market share than Apple when it comes to smartphones sales. Its Galaxy line is more successful than the iPhone. There's really no excuse for what The Verge wrote, it's simply a lie.

http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartphone-market-share.jsp

Posted via CB10
    May I add that iPhones actually have the largest market share in the high-end market.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 03:02 AM
    May I add that iPhones actually have the largest market share in the high-end market.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe, though I haven't seen any numbers to back this up. And The Verge didn't say anything about high end. They were talking about popular smartphones.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by TheoRadu; 09-01-14 at 09:43 AM.
    09-01-14 05:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    Name one iPhone that's high-end? Not claimed to be high-end, that's genuinely a high-end device

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 09:38 AM
    Name one iPhone that's high-end? Not claimed to be high-end, that's genuinely a high-end device

Posted via CB10
    Really? Are we that ignorant here?

Each generation of the iPhone is designed from the ground up to offer the best performance and compatibility with the applications that it can. Most recently there is the 5S. Soon it will be the 6. All of these devices perfectly balance the hardware with the software. In addition, each generation of the iPhone uses a custom chip, substantially more powerful than the standard Snapdragon parts used in the Android devices.

Premium build quality, materials, custom parts, and perfect OS integration together make the iPhone a premium device. That's a fact, fanboy or not.

Posted via CB10
    blee4 likes this.
    09-01-14 09:50 AM
    Really? Are we that ignorant here?

Each generation of the iPhone is designed from the ground up to offer the best performance and compatibility with the applications that it can. Most recently there is the 5S. Soon it will be the 6. All of these devices perfectly balance the hardware with the software. In addition, each generation of the iPhone uses a custom chip, substantially more powerful than the standard Snapdragon parts used in the Android devices.

Premium build quality, materials, custom parts, and perfect OS integration together make the iPhone a premium device. That's a fact, fanboy or not.

Posted via CB10
    Every iPhone has been mid-range... The hardware is limited however the OS is written so well that high specs aren't even needed. Without the OS (I'm not saying a phone with no OS, I mean one that isn't written so well), the phone would never run so well.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 11:00 AM
    Every iPhone has been mid-range... The hardware is limited however the OS is written so well that high specs aren't even needed. Without the OS (I'm not saying a phone with no OS, I mean one that isn't written so well), the phone would never run so well.

Posted via CB10
    Ummm, isn't this part of their "genius"?
    If I can tune a 200bhp car to outperform a stock 250bhp, which would you prefer?
    I don't care what anyone says, machined metal fused to glass is by far one of the most "high end" handsets out there. I don't put much stock into bar charts outlining cpu performance or specs -- how does it perform in day to day.
    I have a Q10 and a 5S. I have experienced many occasions where opening contacts or calendar on Q10 can take 2-5 seconds before showing any data.... it may have take Apple 3+ iterations to support enterprise email, but it works. not saying Q10 doesn't work, but let's be honest here.

Posted via CB10
    blee4 likes this.
    09-01-14 11:11 AM
    Ummm, isn't this part of their "genius"?
    If I can tune a 200bhp car to outperform a stock 250bhp, which would you prefer?
    I don't care what anyone says, machined metal fused to glass is by far one of the most "high end" handsets out there. I don't put much stock into bar charts outlining cpu performance or specs -- how does it perform in day to day.
    I have a Q10 and a 5S. I have experienced many occasions where opening contacts or calendar on Q10 can take 2-5 seconds before showing any data.... it may have take Apple 3+ iterations to support enterprise email, but it works. not saying Q10 doesn't work, but let's be honest here.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not saying what they are doing isn't good or smart or that iPhones aren't good. They just aren't classed as high-end devices, though they beat most of them, purely because of the OS

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 11:30 AM
    except for the _fact_ that android is giving ios a serious spanking in market share, even in the US. Apple isn't dominant anywhere anymore.
    unless compared to BlackBerry or windows phone.

So other than being totally wrong, the article is spot on.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 02:24 PM
92 1234