Yeash...I have to show you the charts????

Damm, you are delusional.

IDC: Smartphone OS Market Share 2014, 2013, 2012, and 2011

"Android continues to dominate the global smartphone market, with over 255 million units shipped and nearly 85% of the market share in the second quarter of 2014."

Sorry to confuse you with facts :facepalm:
    I have to facepalm, because we are talking about PHONES... You want to put the iphone against a gazillion of different Android phones, very smart...

Yes, Android sold more than iOS, but no single android phone sold more than Iphone... So you can retract your facepalm and facts... Iphone is still by far the most selling phone, Android is the best selling OS, but it's fair to say that more than 95% of the phones on the market are Android, so it's kind of easy to sell more OS's

Here are some facts for you:
    Soon to be replace Iphone 5S sold more than Galaxy S5 in it's debut month.
    Galaxy S5 Vs iPhone 5s: iPhone 5s outsold Galaxy S5 in May | BGR

Here's smartphone salles for may, even the freaking 5c and old 4S sold more than any android phone that's not samsung
    Top 10 Smartphones in May 2014 ? Galaxy S5 Fails To Displace iPhone 5s - Counterpoint Technology Market Research

Your "period" and "painfully obvious" are kind of "painfully ridiculous" now. I don't realy care about apple, but credit where it's deserved
    Residing likes this.
    08-29-14 07:45 PM
    I have to facepalm, because we are talking about PHONES...

Yes, Android sold more than iOS, but no android phone sold more than Iphone... So you can retract your facepalm and facts... Iphone is still by far the most selling phone, Android is the best selling OS, but it's fair to say that more than 95% of the phones on the market are Android, so it's kind of easy to sell more OS's

Here's smartphone salles for may:
    Top 10 Smartphones in May 2014 ? Galaxy S5 Fails To Displace iPhone 5s - Counterpoint Technology Market Research
    This guy knows what he speaks. The iPhone is King of U.S.
    08-29-14 07:50 PM
    This guy knows what he speaks. The iPhone is King of U.S.
    I forgot about the "American Exceptionalism" factor...my bad

"Exceptionalism is the perception that a country, society, institution, movement, or time period is "exceptional" (i.e., unusual or extraordinary) in some way and thus does not need to conform to normal rules or general principles."
    08-29-14 08:12 PM
    I forgot about the "American Exceptionalism" factor...my bad

"Exceptionalism is the perception that a country, society, institution, movement, or time period is "exceptional" (i.e., unusual or extraordinary) in some way and thus does not need to conform to normal rules or general principles."
    These numbers are Q2 Global Sales, not US sales
    08-29-14 08:25 PM
    These numbers are Q2 Global Sales, not US sales
    You could not have proven my point about "American Exceptionalism" any better....
    08-29-14 08:28 PM
    This article on The Verge titled "Smartphones are about to get awesome again", about next month's launches doesn't even have one word about BlackBerry.

What does this tells about BB's marketing?

Smartphones are about to get awesome again | The Verge
    I think you're beating a dead horse! - Does this really actually surprise you??
    08-29-14 09:53 PM
    Says more about the Verge than BlackBerry...

Z30 144GB
    ibpluto likes this.
    08-29-14 11:06 PM
    I think you're beating a dead horse! - Does this really actually surprise you??
    I guess you're right Same old, same old.

With so many people here on CB talking about a revolutionary square-shaped phone, one would expect to see a reference to it in an article titled "Smartphones are about to get awesome again" that begins with the sentence "Smartphones. They�re all just a bunch of undifferentiated rectangles, right?"

Right?
    08-30-14 03:59 AM
    I guess you're right Same old, same old.

With so many people here on CB talking about a revolutionary square-shaped phone, one would expect to see a reference to it in an article titled "Smartphones are about to get awesome again" that begins with the sentence "Smartphones. They�re all just a bunch of undifferentiated rectangles, right?"

Right?
    The Passport is a cool device but it's not going to sell enough to change BlackBerry's market share. It's targeted at a niche audience. Most people do not want physical keyboards and the big square screen will put most people off, except for those that can see the benefits (such as myself).

This is not the year that BlackBerry will regain it's share of the consumer market. It is not yet their intention to do so.
    anon(7915689) likes this.
    08-30-14 04:31 AM
    This article on The Verge titled "Smartphones are about to get awesome again", about next month's launches doesn't even have one word about BlackBerry.

It doesn't say anything about BlackBerry's marketing. The Verge staff is well aware of the Passport, it's just that they find it utterly ridiculous and BB10 as an operating system useless and redundant. That's why the Passport isn't worth mentioning for them in that article.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 06:23 AM
    I have been carrying BlackBerry since the 8310 with brief stints with other devices. I am not surprised an article didn't mention them, just like I'm not surprised when everyone gives me crap for still carrying a BlackBerry. I simply laugh at them while writing an email, walking and not double checking my response before sending.

They can keep talking crap with their cracked iphones and I will continue to support the company I believe in. BlackBerry is not dead to me and I don't think they are headed in that direction.

Posted via Q10
    08-30-14 08:07 PM
    This says it all....and its where I personally stopped reading and wasting my time:

" A 4-inch iPhone still dominates the consumer landscape, HTC is still designing beautiful but flawed masterpieces, and Samsung is still the world�s foremost purveyor of cheap plastic.

:facepalm:
    Well, to be fair, that's pretty much true.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 02:56 AM
    Well it's from The Verge, so no surprise at all. There is a very interesting thread in The Verge's forums about the state of The Verge. In a nutshell, the vast majority of their own readers complain about the decline in substance and quality of the content. The page and the crew behind it shifted from what once was an awesome technology site so some kind of wannabe hipster NY apple fanboys. Sorry but there is no other way to describe it. They bash everything not apple because it seems to be cool. I miss Josh's reviews of the Nexus phones and Joanna's notebook reviews. Now, The Verge cannot be taken serious.

Posted via CB10
    alexmartins, Jahcure and keypad like this.
    08-31-14 06:13 AM
    Well it's from The Verge, so no surprise at all. There is a very interesting thread in The Verge's forums about the state of The Verge. In a nutshell, the vast majority of their own readers complain about the decline in substance and quality of the content. The page and the crew behind it shifted from what once was an awesome technology site so some kind of wannabe hipster NY apple fanboys. Sorry but there is no other way to describe it. They bash everything not apple because it seems to be cool. I miss Josh's reviews of the Nexus phones and Joanna's notebook reviews. Now, The Verge cannot be taken serious.

Posted via CB10
    The sole problem I got with The Verge nowadays is their heavily subjective reviews and the alignment of reviewed products with their very personal status quo, which is almost always Apple. It's always about design, design, design.

Posted via CB10
    patbateman16121 likes this.
    08-31-14 08:05 AM
    Yeash...I have to show you the charts????
    Damm, you are delusional.

IDC: Smartphone OS Market Share 2014, 2013, 2012, and 2011

"Android continues to dominate the global smartphone market, with over 255 million units shipped and nearly 85% of the market share in the second quarter of 2014."

Sorry to confuse you with facts :facepalm:
    A walk in public will tell you a totally different story. The iPhone is like the toilet, everybody has one. Android may have a numbers advantage, there are hundreds of phones that run Android. iOS is just on iPhone and they are really dominant. I am in Canada, I see nearly as many BlackBerry people as Android people and almost no Windows, but I think the market here is at least 80% iPhone.
    08-31-14 08:36 AM

The Verge denies the existence of BlackBerry, don't pay them any mind. It is almost as if they feel threatened by them.
    08-31-14 08:43 AM
    Come on The Verge is entertainment, they have right to write whatever they want but remember blogs like that exist only because of product placement. That's how they make their living. If BBRY would be willing to cash out for an article I assume headline would be gracing words like big comeback.
    08-31-14 09:07 AM
    The sole problem I got with The Verge nowadays is their heavily subjective reviews and the alignment of reviewed products with their very personal status quo, which is almost always Apple. It's always about design, design, design.

Posted via CB10
    True. And sad. Also, they make a severe mistake - they are arrogant. Arrogant in their writing, arrogant in their findings and arrogant in their conclusions and recommendations. I don't want arrogance on a tech site. I don't want a bunch of losers dictating me what is hip or not. In every review (i.e. Chromebooks, Surface etc) you will find the phrase "but for X $ more/less, you could have got a MacBook Air.

Posted via CB10
    keypad likes this.
    08-31-14 09:58 AM
    True. And sad. Also, they make a severe mistake - they are arrogant. Arrogant in their writing, arrogant in their findings and arrogant in their conclusions and recommendations. I don't want arrogance on a tech site. I don't want a bunch of losers dictating me what is hip or not. In every review (i.e. Chromebooks, Surface etc) you will find the phrase "but for X $ more/less, you could have got a MacBook Air.

Posted via CB10
    Arrogant is such a wasted words on the site. It means someone who know something and feel superior about it. How about ignorant? Incompetent? Uneducated? Corrupted? Laziness? Narrowminded?
    unbreakablej likes this.
    08-31-14 12:52 PM
    Arrogant is such a wasted words on the site. It means someone who know something and feel superior about it. How about ignorant? Incompetent? Uneducated? Corrupted? Laziness? Narrowminded?
    Haha I guess that sums it up quite well, too. Just deleted my Verge bookmark the other day. Back to anandtech, are technica, recode and (even) engadget.
    08-31-14 01:18 PM
    The Verge is never been BlackBerry minded so it's no suprise. I say let it be.

The Sales of BlackBerry is lesser that 1% users worldwide. BB users is around 2,3% (42 Million vs 1.8 Billion Smartphones) so far I know but the smartphone market is growing very quick the last 2 years but not for BlackBerry also the world wide negative news about BB10, BB10 smartphones and dead of BlackBerry was not helping. So BlackBerry going for Enterprise and Internet of thing to support every brand make sense.

There are 2 Brands that take up the whole market and that is Samsung and second Apple.
    Last edited by whatsever; 08-31-14 at 01:58 PM.
    08-31-14 01:45 PM
    I have to facepalm, because we are talking about PHONES... You want to put the iphone against a gazillion of different Android phones, very smart...

Yes, Android sold more than iOS, but no single android phone sold more than Iphone... So you can retract your facepalm and facts... Iphone is still by far the most selling phone, Android is the best selling OS, but it's fair to say that more than 95% of the phones on the market are Android, so it's kind of easy to sell more OS's

Here's smartphone salles for may, even the freaking 5c and old 4S sold more than any android phone that's not samsung

Your "period" and "painfully obvious" are kind of "painfully ridiculous" now. I don't realy care about apple, but credit where it's deserved
    Samsung has a bigger market share than Apple when it comes to smartphones sales. Its Galaxy line is more successful than the iPhone. There's really no excuse for what The Verge wrote, it's simply a lie.

http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartphone-market-share.jsp

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 02:18 PM
    Samsung has a bigger market share than Apple when it comes to smartphones sales. Its Galaxy line is more successful than the iPhone. There's really no excuse for what The Verge wrote, it's simply a lie.

http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartphone-market-share.jsp

Posted via CB10
    It's not about smartphone market share, it's about how much of any individual phone has been sold. iPhone is the most selling single phone each time it is released. Sure there are plenty more Androids out there, but no single Android matches the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 02:53 PM
    It's not about smartphone market share, it's about how much of any individual phone has been sold. iPhone is the most selling single phone each time it is released. Sure there are plenty more Androids out there, but no single Android matches the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Says you...

Most think in platforms, Apple or Android...then the "others".

Android is not only leading but growing...fast.
    08-31-14 03:03 PM
    Actually...
    The 4" iPhone does not dominate..period (painfully obvious)

HTC is designing nice devices, loved by their owners..only flaw is that they are not iPhones (guessing opinion of author)
    Samsung has plastic and so do many other devices...it is a quality device and a very respectful competitor to any device out there.

Any quality sales guy will tell you ..the second you have to trash the competitor to a cold call you just lost the sale.
    Sigh... I really do hate fanboys, but what I hate more than fanboys are the delusional ones who spew whatever on the internet. Your quote said "A 4" phone dominates the consumer landscape" no where in that quote did it say marketshare. The iPhone by itself is the most successful phone in terms of mindshare AND market share. More people want the next iPhone single handedly to any other singular entity of phones from any other OS, this is fact. When you start talking about Android vs iPhone instead of S5 vs 5s or One to s5 you not only show your bias, you also show how utterly stupid your train of thought is.

The second part was "HTC....Flawed design". This has NOTHING to do with it not being an Apple product and EVERYTHING to do with the phone itself. The quote was referencing how HTC has built one of the best Android phones of all time, but means nothing when its achilles is a major one which would be its camera, ie flawed. Again NOTHING to do with it not being Apple because I guarantee if they had put a great camera on the back they would have locked down the most Android device sales.

On to Samsung. They are known to be one of the most uninspiring companies when it comes to phone design/material. You bringing other companies who also use plastic further promote Samsung's problem. Why can other companies also use plastic in their phone and make better use of it, but Samsung cannot? It doesn't matter how many phones Samsung sells in the Android side of things because they have the deepest pockets and keep their products in peoples minds, but at this point in its phone life cycle they aren't retaining customers. A lot of them are going to other phone companies after using the their devices due to a myriad of reasons and good number attests to the materials used in its design. LG is the company largely benefiting from this.

Apple may not be the #1 company in terms of sales around the globe and the iPhone may not be the #1 phone in every country, but rest assured no other company is making the money Apple makes off of their phones and for damn sure no modern, singular device has sold more.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-31-14 03:05 PM
92 1234