This article on The Verge titled "Smartphones are about to get awesome again", about next month's launches doesn't even have one word about BlackBerry.

What does this tells about BB's marketing?

Smartphones are about to get awesome again | The Verge
    08-29-14 04:25 PM
    That they don't have The Verge on their payroll?
    08-29-14 04:30 PM
    That they don't have The Verge on their payroll?
    Maybe. But are they the only company not on their payroll?
    08-29-14 04:32 PM
    Anyone in the smartphone tech media knows darn well about the Passport. Throwing money at it wouldn't do anything for that.

BlackBerry is targeting the key industries with its efforts. And that is stuff we as consumers wouldn't really see a whole lot of. They are talking to their installed BES base. It will all start from there. This will not be a consumer driven turnaround.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1xxx
    eduzojordan and neoberry99 like this.
    08-29-14 04:37 PM
    Anyone in the smartphone tech media knows darn well about the Passport. Throwing money at it wouldn't do anything for that.

BlackBerry is targeting the key industries with its efforts. And that is stuff we as consumers wouldn't really see a whole lot of. They are talking to their installed BES base. It will all start from there. This will not be a consumer driven turnaround.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1xxx
    Such certainty, oh my! I'm not sure anything is about to turn around.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 05:12 PM
    Yeap. BlackBerry is most certainly dead. Once and for all YaaY

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    08-29-14 05:19 PM
    This says it all....and its where I personally stopped reading and wasting my time:

" A 4-inch iPhone still dominates the consumer landscape, HTC is still designing beautiful but flawed masterpieces, and Samsung is still the world’s foremost purveyor of cheap plastic.

:facepalm:
    08-29-14 05:22 PM
    The manager at my local att store was clueless when I bought up the topic of the passbook. He was looking it up on Google after I mentioned it. I guess he forgot the memo....

Posted via CB10 with my z30
    08-29-14 05:24 PM

I will buy a Passport. I have a Q10. I had a 9900. I like BB. I know that BlackBerry isn't dead.

And yet I find it strange that a tech website writes about every mobile phone this side of the galaxy (no pun intended) and doesn't even bother to mention the Passport.

I just wish we didn't "berry" our heads in the sand (Jesus, what a terrible joke, I know).
    08-29-14 05:28 PM
    The manager at my local att store was clueless when I bought up the topic of the passbook. He was looking it up on Google after I mentioned it. I guess he forgot the memo....

Kinda hard to find when there is no such thing as a Blackberry "Passbook"?
    08-29-14 05:29 PM
    Kinda hard to find when there is no such thing as a Blackberry "Passbook"?
    I forgot, I'm sorry, I'm on CB and I have to proof read every word before I post. Also cross my T's and dot my I's.....I meant passport.

08-29-14 05:33 PM
    I guess I forgot my tongue in cheek emoticon as well.... :grin:

I recall getting blasted for calling a physical keyboard a "soft keyboard" so I get where you are coming from....
    08-29-14 05:40 PM
    I guess I forgot my tongue in cheek emoticon as well.... :grin:

I recall getting blasted for calling a physical keyboard a "soft keyboard" so I get where you are coming from....
    Gotcha, yesterday I put "CL" instead of "CB", so you can imagine the trashing I got for that. (if your stateside I'm assuming g you know what CL is....)...its all good....

danp2000 likes this.
    08-29-14 05:47 PM
    Since BlackBerry has less than 2% of the market in terms of devices, why would people care about BlackBerry? The only way the media will focus on BlackBerry will be when (or much more likely if, a big one at that) BlackBerry becomes successful again and owns a decent proportion of the market

Posted via CB10
    ubizmo likes this.
    08-29-14 05:54 PM
    It's a pretty empty article all around to be honest - BlackBerry wasn't the only oversight, and it seemed mainly about the iPhone and the Samsung Alpha.

I was thinking about the upcoming exciting times ahead for phones in the next few months just yesterday - here's my list of the top five phones I'm most interested in of all those which have just been released and are imminent, no particular order:

1. BlackBerry Passport
    2. Xiaomi Mi 4
    3. iPhone 6 (not sure which if there are two)
    4. Moto X+1
    5. Nexus 6 or Note 4, can't decide

Agree? Disagree?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 06:04 PM
    This says it all....and its where I personally stopped reading and wasting my time:

" A 4-inch iPhone still dominates the consumer landscape, HTC is still designing beautiful but flawed masterpieces, and Samsung is still the world�s foremost purveyor of cheap plastic.

But for all intents and purposes this is true.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-29-14 06:04 PM
    I will buy a Passport. I have a Q10. I had a 9900. I like BB. I know that BlackBerry isn't dead.

And yet I find it strange that a tech website writes about every mobile phone this side of the galaxy (no pun intended) and doesn't even bother to mention the Passport.

I just wish we didn't "berry" our heads in the sand (Jesus, what a terrible joke, I know).
    I was kidding bro! BlackBerry is alive and well. I get somewhat jaded by all the BS posts that compare BlackBerry and it's mobiles to the major players.

I have a vested interest in BlackBerry like many here and I am a patient man.

The Passport is on my acquisition list

Cheers!

alexmartins and acovey like this.
    08-29-14 06:22 PM
    But for all intents and purposes this is true.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Actually...
    The 4" iPhone does not dominate..period (painfully obvious)

HTC is designing nice devices, loved by their owners..only flaw is that they are not iPhones (guessing opinion of author)
    Samsung has plastic and so do many other devices...it is a quality device and a very respectful competitor to any device out there.

Any quality sales guy will tell you ..the second you have to trash the competitor to a cold call you just lost the sale.
    08-29-14 06:26 PM

BlackBerry will be here a long long time. They're not anywhere near dead.
    08-29-14 06:27 PM
    I was kidding bro! BlackBerry is alive and well. I get somewhat jaded by all the BS posts that compare BlackBerry and it's mobiles to the major players.

I have a vested interest in BlackBerry like many here and I am a patient man.

The Passport is on my acquisition list

Cheers!

I was kidding too! Well, not really, but now I don't want to come across as an a-hole 😊 Cheers!
    bigbadben10 likes this.
    08-29-14 06:37 PM
    This article on The Verge titled "Smartphones are about to get awesome again", about next month's launches doesn't even have one word about BlackBerry.

Smartphones are about to get awesome again | The Verge
    You're surprised?!? Lol! Everybody knows The Scurge is an honorary member of the Apple, Google and Microsoft media disinformation center for performing farts.

That being said, TeamBlackBerry should be notified to attack the comments sections.
    Jahcure likes this.
    08-29-14 06:39 PM
    Actually...
    The 4" iPhone does not dominate..period (painfully obvious)
    So... who is dominating at the moment? who's selling more?
    Last edited by Joao Oliveira; 08-29-14 at 07:35 PM.
    08-29-14 07:17 PM
    BlackBerry!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    08-29-14 07:20 PM
    Yeash...I have to show you the charts????

Damm, you are delusional.

IDC: Smartphone OS Market Share 2014, 2013, 2012, and 2011

"Android continues to dominate the global smartphone market, with over 255 million units shipped and nearly 85% of the market share in the second quarter of 2014."

Sorry to confuse you with facts :facepalm:
    08-29-14 07:37 PM
    Yeash...I have to show you the charts????

Damm, you are delusional.

IDC: Smartphone OS Market Share 2014, 2013, 2012, and 2011

"Android continues to dominate the global smartphone market, with over 255 million units shipped and nearly 85% of the market share in the second quarter of 2014."

I only have this to say. I was wrong. It's not 2%. It's 0.5%. Even worse

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 07:39 PM
92 123 ...