I finally took the plunge and switched from my indestructible Q10 to a Passport last night. Well, I tried anyway...
    I was aware that some folks had experienced HW issues with the physical keyboard and delamination of body components but in all my years of using BlackBerries I never had a serious issue. Until this Passport, that is. The SIM card reader refused to recognize my carrier supplied nano SIM, no matter what. No, it's not the SIM. You can see how the SIM socket looks bent and generally appears malformed. The SIM slides in and out ok. You can also see the traces left by the contacts on the SIM card. But it's dead, Jim. A new one is on the way.
    How did this thing make it through manufacturing testing? Isolated incident? Perhaps, but I know I'll be holding on to my unsexy Q10 in case I need to get some important s**t done while I babysit my new primadonna.
    06-04-15 05:14 PM
    Sounds like your Passport wasn't as new as you thought. Where did you get it from?
    06-04-15 05:36 PM
    None of them are perfect, I think. I have an unlocked one that has two bright spots on the screen -- a common issue. I'm not going to send it back because I know that any replacement might have worse problems.

Still like the device but it's part of getting one. Came from a Z30 but still like the Passport overall. The keyboard takes a lot of adjusting.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 05:55 PM
    It was shipped directly from my carrier, Rogers Wireless. Could it have been a refurb? I hope not but I can't rule it out, I suppose. I'll keep sending them back until I get a good one, or at least one that works.
    06-04-15 06:14 PM
    It was shipped directly from my carrier, Rogers Wireless. Could it have been a refurb? I hope not but I can't rule it out, I suppose. I'll keep sending them back until I get a good one, or at least one that works.
    I would too

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.798
    MGO likes this.
    06-04-15 06:45 PM
    Seems like with bbrys cost cutting measures they have really clamped down on customer service. Which is not a good way to treat your few remaining users. I've been lucky and my white shopblackberry passport has had none of the common issues.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 07:13 PM
    I finally took the plunge and switched from my indestructible Q10 to a Passport last night. Well, I tried anyway...
    I was aware that some folks had experienced HW issues with the physical keyboard and delamination of body components but in all my years of using BlackBerries I never had a serious issue. Until this Passport, that is. The SIM card reader refused to recognize my carrier supplied nano SIM, no matter what. No, it's not the SIM. You can see how the SIM socket looks bent and generally appears malformed. The SIM slides in and out ok. You can also see the traces left by the contacts on the SIM card. But it's dead, Jim. A new one is on the way.
    How did this thing make it through manufacturing testing? Isolated incident? Perhaps, but I know I'll be holding on to my unsexy Q10 in case I need to get some important s**t done while I babysit my new primadonna.
    The passport is way better than the q10, dont be so pessimistic, it was just bad luck
    06-04-15 09:41 PM
    I would goto the Rogers store and demand an exchange and don't leave until it's up and running.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 09:57 PM
    I got my passport from att online. They opened it up and put the sim in for no good reason that I know. BlackBerry or att really cant blame us for a bent sim cradle if some low wage person is opening up our phone to install a sim card.

Posted from a Z30. Get one!
    06-04-15 10:29 PM
    What's low wage have to do with installing a sim card? Does ones income delineate how well they install a sim card?

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 10:43 PM
    I would exchange it right away. Anything that's not acceptable to you, send it back. Remember, you're paying good money for it so you deserve to get a properly working phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 10:44 PM
    No issues with my red passport from shopblackberry canada

Posted via Special Edition Red Passport
    06-05-15 09:21 AM
    No issues with my black passport from ebay.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 12:49 PM
    What's low wage have to do with installing a sim card? Does ones income delineate how well they install a sim card?
    Posted via CB10
    Low wage people can easly be Amateurs, careless or angry because of growing pains or lack social and technical skills. I could go on.
    06-05-15 04:13 PM