I'm not getting any Pdf attachments when sent to my Gmail on my passport.

The only attachment available in those emails is winmail.dat. Don't understand what that is.

This is a crippling problem. I cannot use the browser to log in to my email to get those attachments. I get around a dozen Pdf files everyday so this is major.

This didn't always happen. This started about a week or so ago and it used to work fine. This problem also only occurs with Pdf files. Excel and doc files are fine.

My os is PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 06:55 AM
    Just an update. It seems like it only happens when receiving the attachment from one individual. I only get the winmail.dat file. Pdf files received from others work.

I just tested on an android device and it works fine there. Only my BlackBerry isn't working.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 07:15 AM
    Another update.

It seems like this is an outlook issue but it is only affecting my BlackBerry. I cannot ask the sender to change or check his settings which shouldn't matter as when testing on an android it worked fine.

It also seems like this has been going on longer than I thought. Since the end of January.

If there is any advice that would be great.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 07:41 AM
    Another Update:

Sorry for having so many updates. As of now iphone is working fine as well.
    03-02-15 07:47 AM
    Another update.

It seems like this is an outlook issue but it is only affecting my BlackBerry. I cannot ask the sender to change or check his settings which shouldn't matter as when testing on an android it worked fine.

It also seems like this has been going on longer than I thought. Since the end of January.

If there is any advice that would be great.

Posted via CB10
    This is an outlook to gmail issue. Our school has the same issues as the students use gmail and the teachers use outlook. When trying to send a pdf from an iOS device from outlook to gmail, many times the pdf gets coded as that windat file and the odd does not make it through. The only way I have found around that is to log into outlook through the browser or another device.
    03-02-15 09:23 AM
    This is an outlook to gmail issue. Our school has the same issues as the students use gmail and the teachers use outlook. When trying to send a pdf from an iOS device from outlook to gmail, many times the pdf gets coded as that windat file and the odd does not make it through. The only way I have found around that is to log into outlook through the browser or another device.
    Thanks. Now I'm currently using a work around script to just copy all my pdf attachments to my google drive automatically and access them using playcloud. It sucks that it has to be this way and from what I've been reading Blackberry isn't even planning on working on this issue. It's a shame as both iphones and androids don't have this problem.

Thanks.
    03-02-15 01:32 PM
    Thanks. Now I'm currently using a work around script to just copy all my pdf attachments to my google drive automatically and access them using playcloud. It sucks that it has to be this way and from what I've been reading Blackberry isn't even planning on working on this issue. It's a shame as both iphones and androids don't have this problem.

Thanks.
    Actually this problem happens on iOS and android phones too. It is created by using iOS to send an outlook email but this issue can occur when trying to read a message from outlook on gmail through either of those devices. Again, not just a blackberry issue!
    03-02-15 01:36 PM
    Actually this problem happens on iOS and android phones too. It is created by using iOS to send an outlook email but this issue can occur when trying to read a message from outlook on gmail through either of those devices. Again, not just a blackberry issue!
    I don't really believe that as I've tested on an iPhone 6+, galaxy s5, and an old HTC Evo and the same email attachment was read without issue.

I've also asked a few co workers using various devices and they can read the attachment Pdf just fine.

So this definitely is a BlackBerry issue as none of the devices I've tested nor any coworker has the same problem.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 02:23 PM
    I don't really believe that as I've tested on an iPhone 6+, galaxy s5, and an old HTC Evo and the same email attachment was read without issue.

I've also asked a few co workers using various devices and they can read the attachment Pdf just fine.

So this definitely is a BlackBerry issue as none of the devices I've tested nor any coworker has the same problem.

Posted via CB10
    Lol well I don't even have my passport yet, but have been experiencing this for the past two years on my other devices. Maybe try posting in the BB OS forum to see if anyone has any suggestions? Did this just begin with the PP or did you have another blackberry device prior to the PP that did not have this issue?
    03-02-15 02:37 PM
    Actually, there seems to be a work-around for this (it involves editing the type of file Outlook sends out):
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5136244
    It's from the iOS forums, however the issue is the same you are experiencing... the work-around is about half way down the page.
    CrackberryQ likes this.
    03-02-15 02:39 PM
    Actually, there seems to be a work-around for this (it involves editing the type of file Outlook sends out):
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5136244
    It's from the iOS forums, however the issue is the same you are experiencing... the work-around is about half way down the page.
    Thanks for the link. Unfortunately I cannot try the fix as we can make no changes to the outlook settings of the sender. Even if I could I wouldn't want to as both ios and android work.

I guess I'll just stick with my work around for now until I find some sort of fix when I actually have some down time.

Thanks for your help.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 03:23 PM
    Thanks for the link. Unfortunately I cannot try the fix as we can make no changes to the outlook settings of the sender. Even if I could I wouldn't want to as both ios and android work.

I guess I'll just stick with my work around for now until I find some sort of fix when I actually have some down time.

Thanks for your help.

Posted via CB10
    No problem! I would still and post in the BB OS forum to see if anyone else knows a workaround that specifically deals with blackberries!
    03-02-15 03:30 PM
    I am now having the same issue. Up until about 2 weeks ago I was sending to my phone numerous PDF and excel files with no problems. Now all I get is the dam winmail.dat files. Been searching all kinds of forums and none of the " workarounds" are working for me. I am going to be getting rid on my z30 soon because getting these files is essential to me. I hate to say it but iPhone here I come.