So for some reason it seems last Tuesday was a turning point in the life of Passport SE. I've been using the Passport for over a year now (since launch) and haven't seen this issue before I don't think.

Basically I can't really get group texts anymore. I hate sms/mms but that's what all my friends use. And now it's not working for me. Which means I'm looking at the priv...

Anywho so these group messages are sent and they go to the individual contacts sms thread with a message of "you have a message awaiting retrieval. Click the button below to download it." most of these are from iOS people and I know imessage has issues with people not trapped in iOS land..

So I click download. Nothing. Nothing happens. I've tried changing the sms settings around, tried searching, tried rebooting..

Nothing. ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE THIS ISSUE???

Help would be great as my friends just scoff at me and blame BlackBerry.

I'm on PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639 and tmobile.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 09:54 AM
    I used to get those messages when a group chat was started within an iPhone environment and for some reason, my friend's phone would use my email address to message me instead of my phone number. I could get to the message by clicking the link though.

Would like to say I knew how to resolve it, but it just one day stopped happening. Not sure why.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 10:50 AM
    I guess your problem is that you registered imessage on that number someday and apple still thinks you have it. Here is how deregister imessage even if you don't have iphone now. https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage
    11-08-15 12:12 PM
    I guess your problem is that you registered imessage on that number someday and apple still thinks you have it. Here is how deregister imessage even if you don't have iphone now. https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage
    Sorry if my post was misleading.

I don't have imessage nor never had an iPhone..

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 01:39 PM
    Bump, am I the only one with this issue??

Does anyone left in the world use sms besides my choice friends?

The issue came bak the other day and while a reboot helped, I can't be rebooting every time I wanna read the newest group sms.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 08:23 AM
    I have noticed it on group messages originating from iOS devices. Depending on the initial senders setting there is a chance that each recipient is testing an individual SMS versus the group MMS. Just based on my experiences...

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 06:37 PM