Is this normal? Says I have three hours left. I feel like I got a better battery life out of my leap!
    Attached Thumbnails Is this normal battery life for a passpsort??-img_20171016_155157.jpg  
    10-16-17 02:53 PM
    I have been using it heavily today but still at this rate feels like it won't get me through the day
    10-16-17 02:54 PM
    I have been using it heavily today but still at this rate feels like it won't get me through the day
    Is display all the way up? About how many android apps do you have and of those, did you turn off run in background? Can we see another shot to see the other apps and what they are pulling as normal to me won't be normal t you..

Some people get two days, I trimmed down to 29 droid apps (that's allot!) and have to charge once a day when usng heavy, but I still consider it good.

Are you pulling in allot of emails and at what timeframes? I keep my two main emails at two hours and other two at Manuel.

Imo passports display is so bright, it only need half way or LESS. That saves allot of power when used to it.

 Passport SE  -Working wiDe in 2017+...
    10-16-17 03:36 PM
    Is display all the way up? About how many android apps do you have and of those, did you turn off run in background? Can we see another shot to see the other apps and what they are pulling as normal to me won't be normal t you..

Some people get two days, I trimmed down to 29 droid apps (that's allot!) and have to charge once a day when usng heavy, but I still consider it good.

Are you pulling in allot of emails and at what timeframes? I keep my two main emails at two hours and other two at Manuel.

Attached Thumbnails Is this normal battery life for a passpsort??-img_20171016_163746.jpg  
    10-16-17 03:38 PM
    Some more
    Attached Thumbnails Is this normal battery life for a passpsort??-img_20171016_163738.jpg  
    10-16-17 03:39 PM
    Some more
    Attached Thumbnails Is this normal battery life for a passpsort??-img_20171016_163729.jpg  
    10-16-17 03:39 PM
    Attached Thumbnails Is this normal battery life for a passpsort??-img_20171016_163742.jpg  
    10-16-17 03:40 PM
    Attached Thumbnails Is this normal battery life for a passpsort??-img_20171016_163734.jpg  
    10-16-17 03:41 PM
    Make whatsapp, instagram inactive when minimized. In fact, don't let anything run when minimized.

Signature: Still typing away on my Passport SE!
    10-16-17 03:53 PM

Imo passports display is so bright, it only need half way or LESS. That saves allot of power when used to it.

How do you change email settings. Bit confused when u said you changed it to two hours. Does that I mean I won't get emails till two hours later? I only have six android apps but like I said I've been on the phone all day it's barely gotten 5 mins of down time
    10-16-17 03:55 PM
    You can change email sync time so the passport only checks every few hours or so. Explore the hub settings for that.

Consider using battery saving mode, or make it turn on sooner. Dial screen brightness way down. Limit data usage like Internet. Any phone, the more data you use, the faster the battery goes, particularly for android apps.

10-16-17 04:16 PM
    Make whatsapp, instagram inactive when minimized. In fact, don't let anything run when minimized.

^^^^^^^THIS! Go Settings/App Manager/Application Permissions/and tap each individual app and uncheck "Run when Minimized". Also set your display brightness to 1/2 or less. Keep bluetooth and NFC off if you are not using them all the time. Maybe turn off Traffic Data Collection and/or Location Services under settings also if you don't need ( I keep Location Services on but turn off Traffic Data).
    10-16-17 04:16 PM
    Location services will kill battery. Shut it down unless you need it.

10-16-17 04:20 PM

Sorry I'm not technically inclined lol..how do I do this?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-17 04:37 PM
    ^^^^^^^THIS! Go Settings/App Manager/Application Permissions/and tap each individual app and uncheck "Run when Minimized". Also set your display brightness to 1/2 or less. Keep bluetooth and NFC off if you are not using them all the time. Maybe turn off Traffic Data Collection and/or Location Services under settings also if you don't need ( I keep Location Services on but turn off Traffic Data).
    Got it doing all this thanks so much guys I was getting worried I had a bad passport battery

Posted via CB10
    10-16-17 04:39 PM
    Every app was on and not unchecked lol...

Posted via CB10
    10-16-17 04:42 PM
    Great advice exactly what I do down to the last detail.

10-16-17 05:10 PM

If I remove videos and pics would that help the battery life too? I have lots of family videos etc that are already backed up on my lap top

Posted via CB10
    10-16-17 09:14 PM
    If I remove videos and pics would that help the battery life too? I have lots of family videos etc that are already backed up on my lap top

Posted via CB10
    No--no need to do that.
    10-16-17 09:22 PM
    No--no need to do that.
    From the Blackberry site:

Use a media card

Reduce power usage by keeping less data on your device. Save data to a media card instead of your device storage space.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-17 09:33 PM
    No--no need to do that.
    Also what would happen if I set my sync interval on my email account to manual. Firstly what does that mean and would that save battery life?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-17 09:39 PM
    Yes it would. Means hub would NEVER check for mail unless you tell it to. You can do that for secondary email accounts but for your main account, it's better to let the passport check periodically so you don't miss anything important.

10-16-17 09:45 PM
    Yes it would. Means hub would NEVER check for mail unless you tell it to. You can do that for secondary email accounts but for your main account, it's better to let the passport check periodically so you don't miss anything important.

And what about the sync time frame..what should I set that to for optimal battery life and what exactly does it mean?

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    10-16-17 09:53 PM
    Also what would happen if I set my sync interval on my email account to manual. Firstly what does that mean and would that save battery life?

Posted via CB10
    You see the Pim usage, that's it? That's your email/hub. Yours is low so you shouldn't have an issue with your Hun, you probably don't have more then one or two emails? If so, keep it default..

If you see Pim jump high after about 48 hours, check and don't restart. Then you may have an issue to change settings.

10-16-17 10:02 PM
    Use a media card
    I wrongly assumed that you were already using an sd card. Of course if you have no media card and store hundreds of pics and videos on your device storage you will use up resources. The single biggest draw of energy from your battery is the screen. Turn it down to a reasonable level and then look at the other measures that we mentioned and that is all you need to do. Put your pics, videos etc on a media card and enjoy your device. It won't make a huge difference.
    10-16-17 10:11 PM
33 12