My phone today out of nowhere got it's screen lifted! I'm so annoyed lol

Never happened with my SE... This is an AT&T version.

What should I do to fix it?
    Attached Thumbnails Noooo! it finally happened!-2407.jpg  
    01-27-20 06:22 PM

That’s just screen lift that’s never really happened so it’s fake news. Hammer it back in place. Using the ball-peen side is probably most effective. YMMV
    01-27-20 06:26 PM
    Added super glue... even tho it wasn't recommended.... if it breaks I'll just buy another one xDDDD

Posted via CB10 on a Passport
    01-27-20 06:50 PM
    Added super glue... even tho it wasn't recommended.... if it breaks I'll just buy another one xDDDD

Good luck - I would have used a thin strip of double sided tape.
    01-27-20 06:59 PM

First order a new screen and digitizer assembly.

https://www.amazon.ca/Blackberry-Pas...UvbUpU13486798

Next watch this video a couple times to get familiar with the process. Order the recommended tools and don't be afraid to pay for a quality screwdriver.

I labeled each set of screws as a step #1, #2 and so on with sticky note paper then folded the sticky on the screws so they were stuck. Don't loose those little suckers.

You will be fine and happy you did it.

Hammered out on my Precious Passport.
    01-27-20 07:18 PM
    First order a new screen and digitizer assembly.
    Nah - the OP just needs to stick his perfectly fine screen down.
    01-27-20 07:24 PM
    Hammer time not appropriate?!? But I got the music picked out and everything.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-27-20 07:25 PM
    Nah.. it will pop up again. I replaced mine and it was perfect. Then with the screen out I was able to apply some glue and fix it properly, so now I have a backup screen.

01-27-20 07:30 PM
    I just realized that the AT&T but the disassembly process should be pretty much the same.

01-27-20 07:31 PM
    Nah.. it will pop up again. I replaced mine and it was perfect. Then with the screen out I was able to apply some glue and fix it properly, so now I have a backup screen.

The adhesive just gave out. No need to replace. If anything, the chassis itself got a little bent - not the digitizer.
    01-27-20 07:32 PM

So if it pops up again THEN maybe replace it (takes days and days to get parts etc). A good quality tape will work just fine. Overkill on your suggestion imho.
    01-27-20 07:40 PM
    So if it pops up again THEN maybe replace it (takes days and days to get parts etc). A good quality tape will work just fine. Overkill on your suggestion imho.
    That's correct. Your opinion. I have read many posts about their ongoing repairs, failures and repeated lifting.

So this is my overkill opinion and I stand by it.

ppeters914 likes this.
    01-27-20 07:44 PM
    Sooo, I have taken my OG Passport apart for various repairs and to my knowledge have not seen any 2-way tape. Is the screen not held down by the 3 tiny PKB screws and the top 5 screws? Where is the tape?

Posted via my Passport
    01-27-20 07:52 PM
    Sooo, I have taken my OG Passport apart for various repairs and to my knowledge have not seen any 2-way tape. Is the screen not held down by the 3 tiny PKB screws and the top 5 screws? Where is the tape?

Posted via my Passport
    It's adhesive. But you can use the tape when fixing it.
    01-27-20 07:54 PM

Posted via my Passport
    There is the screen and the digitizer assembly. The assembly is screwed down and the screen is held by adhesive. I have no comment for any tape that would work but I know glue did for me.

01-27-20 07:56 PM
    Where is the tape?
    There is NO tape normally. It is stuck down with an adhesive but in some instances not enough adhesive or poor quality that disintegrates (with heat applied) over time. My fix is a GOOD quality double-sided tape which you could probably buy from a cellphone repair shop, apply it yourself, apply some light pressure over an hour or so, then try it out. If you still have problems (ie the frame is bent etc) then follow The_Passporter's suggestion. I just think it's quicker and easier to try the tape. You can also get tape from Amazon etc. https://www.amazon.ca/Eco-Fused-Adhe...UvbUpU13486824
    01-27-20 07:59 PM
    Good to know. Thanks gents,

Posted via my Passport
    01-27-20 10:21 PM
    I think the phone bent and that's how I got this problem... but it wasn't definitely because of heat. It was probably cause I sat on it today and didn't realize it. So far so good with the Super Glue, but will definitely find a screen replacement and a Passport backup...

01-27-20 11:16 PM
    So this is where the OG silver KEYone got it's ScreenLift feature from
    01-28-20 06:57 AM

Don't use super glue the chemicals will cause a smoke like effect on the glass. If you want me to detail how to fix it, let me know.
    01-28-20 08:39 AM
    Don't use super glue the chemicals will cause a smoke like effect on the glass. If you want me to detail how to fix it, let me know.
    It's all a moot point - he has already super glued the screen. See post #3. We were all chirping in on how we WOULD have fixed it, lol.
    01-28-20 08:42 AM
    So this is my overkill opinion and I stand by it.
    The Passporter (TM) does not F around.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    01-28-20 10:10 AM
    The Passporter (TM) does not F around.
    When I buy a phone and decide to go with it I buy all the caseS, best screen protectorS, cordS and adapterS I think I may need. I have even been known to buy a second phone lol

01-28-20 10:20 AM
    That’s just screen lift that’s never really happened so it’s fake news. Hammer it back in place. Using the ball-peen side is probably most effective. YMMV
    Not entirely sure about the usefulness of this suggestion relative to the OP's question.
    01-29-20 04:13 AM
    Not entirely sure about the usefulness of this suggestion relative to the OP's question.
    Only the OP knows the best of all the suggestions in their user situation. It’ll be ok.
    01-29-20 05:47 AM