I tried couple of them off-line maps and they were battery killers. Recently saw Nokia Here maps being made available for Blackberry on Amazon and thought of giving them a go but no joy.

The app loads initially and hangs. If you press the < icon, it just minimise and stays like that. No amount of waiting seems to work either.

Anyone else had success with Here maps on Passport? I need off-line maps because I have poor coverage. I cant buy other maps because BB World does not accept credit cards in India.
    02-26-16 08:16 AM
    I don't have a Passport, so I can't comment on HERE maps.

I did look on F-Droid for open source android apps with free maps and offline usage, and found two that might be worth trying if you can't get HERE maps working. I guess the big issue will be whether they kill the battery life quickly. You never know with android apps until you try them.

PocketMaps

OsmAnd~
    02-26-16 09:24 AM
    Thank you, the ones I have tried did kill the battery pretty fast, or lets just say we on BB10 are spoiled sukers for longer battery standbys.
    I can tweak droid apps for fine permissions control via 'Permission App' but droid apks being what they are, just don't seem to go that extra mile with battery.
    I'll gibe these a go as well and see how they pan out.
    02-26-16 11:04 AM
    I tried couple of them off-line maps and they were battery killers. Recently saw Nokia Here maps being made available for Blackberry on Amazon and thought of giving them a go but no joy.

The app loads initially and hangs. If you press the < icon, it just minimise and stays like that. No amount of waiting seems to work either.

Anyone else had success with Here maps on Passport? I need off-line maps because I have poor coverage. I cant buy other maps because BB World does not accept credit cards in India.
    Go to Blackberry World and give Maps.Me a try. You can thank me later.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    02-26-16 11:07 AM
    Check out Map for HereMap in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59992302

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    04-12-16 10:59 AM
    I'm using Navfree from BlackBerry world on my Passport and everythings work just fine

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 03:25 PM
    Web site for Here maps works fine. I think its m.here.com

Can just save link to home screen

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 03:49 PM
    It's horrible for me. That's what my $29 lumia is for. It's great and doesn't get interrupted when I get a call.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 07:57 PM