I like the fact that I can watch vids without having to turn the device,....side ways! Love it!!

Posted via CB10
    All devices can do that tho lol

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    05-24-15 07:43 PM
    ...touche'

My passport is full touch, and so is the keyboard...

Posted via CB10
    05-24-15 09:35 PM
    You realize how ridiculous a square screen touch only device is right? Get a tablet. You own a passport you don't need a touch only version

Posted by BlackBerry accept no compromise!
    All the people without a Passport need an all-touch version of something other than a Z3 re-tread. That was Ivan's point. My carrier doesn't SELL a Passport.
    05-24-15 09:38 PM
    Literally spat out my coffee reading this. Wiping my monitor now.
    What's so funny? Some people do not like the inconvenience of having to turn the phone sideways. I'm not a fan of the screen rotating inadvertently, which is why I keep rotation lock on at all times. With the Passport, there is no need to ever turn the phone landscape. With a 16:9 device, you are forced to turn the phone landscape in order to be able to view videos with a decent screen resolution.

BlackBerry Passport / OS 10.3.2.680 / SQW100-3 / BBM 2C05E109
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-24-15 10:40 PM
    6.5" diagonal (3.2" x 5.7") 16 x 9 screen with 2560 x 1440 resolution? That's a huge killer device. That would get people talking, and hopefully buying. Make it a toolbelt slider like my avatar and you get all that AND a device that can be operated mostly with one hand. WOW.

You bring up another fine example of how companies let the weak-minded rabble ruin things for the rest... it used to be the standard that computer screens had 16 x 10 aspect ratios with high res screens being 1920 x 1200... but the weak-minded rabble didn't get that the black bars were a 'good thing' on computer screens, because it meant among other things that on-screen controls could appear BELOW a movie rather than on the picture itself... and when using the computer for other things, there was 120 pixels more 'information' on the screen.

Now computers have 1920x1080 screens instead. 'good. no black bars!'. Sometimes humanity makes me feel like Charlton Heston at the end of Planet of the Apes.
    What about 4:3 or 5:4 aspect ratio displays?
    05-24-15 10:40 PM
    You realize how ridiculous a square screen touch only device is right? Get a tablet. You own a passport you don't need a touch only version
    I assume he didn't mean that the device would be 1440 x 1440 square screen and no keyboard... It could be brown and they'd call it the "Klondike". No, I think it would have to be the same size as the Passport, but just all screen instead of having the PKB.
    05-24-15 11:32 PM
    I assume he didn't mean that the device would be 1440 x 1440 square screen and no keyboard... It could be brown and they'd call it the "Klondike". No, I think it would have to be the same size as the Passport, but just all screen instead of having the PKB.
    That non-keyboard media consumption device is available from Amazon or Apple today. END.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 01:52 AM
    I would like the passport slider with 4 row keyboard... IMHO a winner...

Posted via CB10
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    05-25-15 02:23 AM
    Be warned. Once you are used to the wide screen Passport there is no way back to a narrow screen device. It is very addictive. Just FYI...

Passport
    Yes there is....you just have to have a bigger one. Like my back up phone the LG G Flex which has a 6 inch screen.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-25-15 02:42 AM
    I'm back with my Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.680 lol

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.680
    05-25-15 02:49 AM
    What's so funny? Some people do not like the inconvenience of having to turn the phone sideways. I'm not a fan of the screen rotating inadvertently, which is why I keep rotation lock on at all times. With the Passport, there is no need to ever turn the phone landscape. With a 16:9 device, you are forced to turn the phone landscape in order to be able to view videos with a decent screen resolution.

BlackBerry Passport / OS 10.3.2.680 / SQW100-3 / BBM 2C05E109
    Not being offensive, just trying to figure out how turning a phone sideways can be considered inconvenient.

I guess this would mostly apply to Passport users.

Posted from an ME173X
    05-25-15 03:53 AM
    Yes there is....you just have to have a bigger one. Like my back up phone the LG G Flex which has a 6 inch screen.
    That officially puts you in the small tablet category
    05-25-15 05:32 AM
    Not being offensive, just trying to figure out how turning a phone sideways can be considered inconvenient.

I guess this would mostly apply to Passport users.
    I like keeping the screen rotation lock in the "off" position on my Z10 and found it incredibly annoying to have to turn it on to turn the phone sideways to properly view videos (and then remember to turn it off). It is not the end of the world but yes, it can be a bit of an inconvenience for some.
    05-25-15 05:36 AM
    I will be with you OP as soon as Verizon gets them......yeah its gonna be awhile.
    Niels B likes this.
    05-25-15 07:17 AM
    That non-keyboard media consumption device is available from Amazon or Apple today. END.

Posted via CB10
    So? Get over yourself. BlackBerry makes the best VKB on the market. If people want to wish for an all touch passport, why do you care?

I also want an all touch Passport. END.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    05-25-15 08:20 AM
    That officially puts you in the small tablet category
    If that's what you want to call it. But I own the Flex, and it's not much bigger than the Passport. But it is way smaller than the Galaxy Tabs. Reason is LG made it nothing but screen. Eliminating the extra wide edges.

The size of the Passport is actually wider than the Flex. So to call the Flex a phablet, than I would maybe have to think the same about the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 10:07 AM

Posted by BlackBerry accept no compromise!
    If there's an all touch Passport, it won't be square. The idea would be to extend the screen down where the keyboard currently is. The screen would be rectangular, but still wider than most devices in portrait mode. The lines are blurring between phones and tablets, and have been for several years. I don't have a problem with the idea.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    05-25-15 10:15 AM
    No way back....-ralphs-meme.jpg
    anon(5597702) and sibeans like this.
    05-25-15 12:39 PM
    I care because BlackBerry has limited development resources and can ill afford another product fiasco!

Posted via CB10
    05-25-15 01:17 PM
    I agree with you, last week I used an iPhone 5s to send a message it was near impossible the screen was so narrow and the virtual keyboard a real pain!
    05-25-15 02:38 PM
    I would like the passport slider with 4 row keyboard... IMHO a winner...

Posted via CB10
    Definitely would like to see this happen.
    05-25-15 07:56 PM
    I like the wide screen. But I still often find myself grabbing my LG G2 if both it and my Passport are at hand. The Passport for me is a bit awkward to hold. I tend to favor it only when I can dedicate two hands. I do love the wide screen for emails. And the keyboard.

05-25-15 08:40 PM
    I like the wide screen. But I still often find myself grabbing my LG G2 if both it and my Passport are at hand. The Passport for me is a bit awkward to hold. I tend to favor it only when I can dedicate two hands. I do love the wide screen for emails. And the keyboard.

For now I've moved on to the Nexus 6 but I'm very interested in the new BBs coming up. I hope for an all touch phablet.

05-25-15 09:03 PM
    Be warned. Once you are used to the wide screen Passport there is no way back to a narrow screen device. It is very addictive. Just FYI...

Passport
    Agreed 100%!!!!!
    I was walking by a Rogers Wireless Corp store and walked in to check out some of the new handsets, and oddly I'm so use to the BB Passport now that I don't think I can use any of the rectangle shaped smartphones anymore.

05-26-15 11:56 AM
    All the people without a Passport need an all-touch version of something other than a Z3 re-tread. That was Ivan's point. My carrier doesn't SELL a Passport.
    I see. You don't have to remain with your carrier as well - considering you're in the USA more than likely another carrier with coverage would pay your cancellation fees from contract.

I'd rather a Z30 upgrade vs turning something not meant to be into something it wasn't aimed to be.
    05-27-15 06:34 PM
50 12